Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
cwbykikker
AF Newbie

1997 Sebring wont stay running

I just bought a 1997 Sebring jxi and it was running fine it started up and drove home.The next day I went to unlock the doors and the alarm started going off(never knew it had one) so I called the person I bought it from she said it didnt have one either well finally googled it and it said to put the key in the door and turn it back and forth 3 times well I did it like 6 times and the horn honked 3 times and the alarm turned off. So it drove just fine that for about 3 hrs then it just died on me I waited about 5 min and then it started right back up and didnt have any more problems from it. Well that night I started it up put it in reverse and went about 5 feet and it died and couldnt get it to start anymore unless I would let it sit for awhile but it will not stay running for more then 1 min. I think it has something to do with the gas but just cant figure it out..Can any one help give any advice at all?????
cwbykikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
djshriver
AF Newbie

Re: 1997 Sebring wont stay running

I wouldn't think it would be a fuel issue, usually if it's fuel it's more of a start up for 5 seconds and die thing. When it's running does it idle well, any misses or other oddities? Chryslers are dealer equipped with an ASD relay (automatic shut down) which is directlly tied to the alarm system. I would probably start at that point.
djshriver is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
1997 , chrysler , sebring
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible