Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #76
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Re: Best Headturner for under 40k

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
yeah.... i know but if it is just head turning power you want, that little winged badge does wonders.
of course, you could always go for the equally good XKR of the same generation instead.
that light metallic blue of theirs is a hell of a sexy colour in the summer sun.
170 on the dash anyone? Better be able to "turn your head" awful fast. "SNAP". You can get one of those for pretty cheap too.
hotrod_chevyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #77
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Forget all i have said before. Here is the car to turn all heads

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Monst...QQcmdZViewItem

I think im in love.(not)...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #78
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

I like the idea of a DB7, but I think it would have the same problems that the Maserati would have. I think that they are incredibly good looking cars and have loads of class, but they are so damn unreliable that they are unrealistic to be driven every day. They make great 2nd cars that you pull out on weekends to impress dates or clients, but don't rely on it to get you from point A to point B from day to day.

As Jameschang (the OP) said, he would like to stick with new or newish cars. This is very reasonable simply because newer cars are easier to drive and easier to maintain. Lets try to keep this thread to cars he might consider.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #79
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

I thought we was talking about cars he could afford that are a$$ getters. the OP sounded like to me , he wants a car girls like, but all original and in a realistic price range. The 4x4 camaro was just a joke. But i dont know anybody who isnt wowed by old mint classics. And they can be just as easy to fix, and reliable. My GF says get a 67 Camaro. The rest are just crap to her.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #80
Red CELL
AF Newbie

Red CELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #81
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Quote:
yeah.... i know but if it is just head turning power you want, that little winged badge does wonders.
of course, you could always go for the equally good XKR of the same generation instead.
that light metallic blue of theirs is a hell of a sexy colour in the summer sun.

Actually not a bad idea, the XKR is a well-built, solid and reliable car. I'd definitely give it my two thumbs up.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #82
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

XKR's are cool except that wood grain dash has got to go. If i had one my first mod would be to spray paint over the dash where the wood grain is.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #83
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

didn't you guys in the US also get the "new" fwd Elan in turbo form?
they're nice and cheap these days in the UK and in the metal, they are shockingly good looking cars.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #84
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red CELL
I get more looks and appreciation for my 69 camaro than my friend in his 2005 911 TT does. and im faster!!

the muscle will only appreciate.

haha, unless you hit one those things called curves.

it depends where you live whether or not a 69 camaro will get more looks than a porsche. plus you cant possibly know how many looks your car gets compared to the porsche, sure more people may come up and talk to you about it(enthusiasts) but you have no way of knowing how many heads you turned. but most will appreciate the porsche for being a highly superior car. and honestly if you think chicks like muscle cars more than exotics, you are lying to yourself. chicks like exotics because they like money.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #85
Red CELL
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakscorpion21
haha, unless you hit one those things called curves.

it depends where you live whether or not a 69 camaro will get more looks than a porsche. plus you cant possibly know how many looks your car gets compared to the porsche, sure more people may come up and talk to you about it(enthusiasts) but you have no way of knowing how many heads you turned. but most will appreciate the porsche for being a highly superior car. and honestly if you think chicks like muscle cars more than exotics, you are lying to yourself. chicks like exotics because they like money.
im not bagging on exotics, dont put words into my mouth.
The muscle cars that dont handle "mostly" are numbers matching collectables. lots of the nice muscle cars around these days have more than a stock setup for suspension like mine, believe it or not. The muscle aftermarket for suspension parts alone is larger than the import tuner aftermarket combined. yes stock for stock muscle cars cant handle as well as a newer car I agree and said that earlier. but you make it sound as if they lock the front wheels up taking a turn at 10 mph. what do you really know bieng 19 yrs old? its 2006, the tires on these cars are not as old as the car.... I dont know or care what your muscle car experience has been but maybe you should look up cars that were in Trans - Am racing for an example of hitting a curve. hell I can build a 2700lb 66 nova to outhandle most exotics, but you probably dont believe because of your lacking knowledge of what can be done with domestics.
I know that I get plenty of looks In my car, more props than you can imagine. This is driving through Downtown seattle on a saturday night and not cruising from a burger stand to butch-driveshafts garage...BTW my GF has some very fine curves thank you very much, I hit them as often as possible. she also prefers's my car over most other types, and she's not alone.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #86
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
didn't you guys in the US also get the "new" fwd Elan in turbo form?
they're nice and cheap these days in the UK and in the metal, they are shockingly good looking cars.
The last lotus i saw was a 99 year model i think. Thats one you dont see very often in the states. I havent seen any setting at any dealerships or nothing. Mostly just see older ones every once in awhile pushing down the street.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #87
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red CELL
im not bagging on exotics, dont put words into my mouth.
The muscle cars that dont handle "mostly" are numbers matching collectables. lots of the nice muscle cars around these days have more than a stock setup for suspension like mine, believe it or not. The muscle aftermarket for suspension parts alone is larger than the import tuner aftermarket combined. yes stock for stock muscle cars cant handle as well as a newer car I agree and said that earlier. but you make it sound as if they lock the front wheels up taking a turn at 10 mph. what do you really know bieng 19 yrs old? its 2006, the tires on these cars are not as old as the car.... I dont know or care what your muscle car experience has been but maybe you should look up cars that were in Trans - Am racing for an example of hitting a curve. hell I can build a 2700lb 66 nova to outhandle most exotics, but you probably dont believe because of your lacking knowledge of what can be done with domestics.
I know that I get plenty of looks In my car, more props than you can imagine. This is driving through Downtown seattle on a saturday night and not cruising from a burger stand to butch-driveshafts garage...BTW my GF has some very fine curves thank you very much, I hit them as often as possible. she also prefers's my car over most other types, and she's not alone.

well, most stock muscle cars pull less than .7 g's so yea they handle pretty bad. and if you put an old trans am car up against a modern race car there would be no competition. i only mentioned the curve joke because you, like most muscle car fans, seem to think only straight line acceleration is important. you could also build a minivan to outhandle exotics, with enough money anything is possible.

and what does my age have to do with anything? obviously at 19 i know enough to know how to spell being. you looked in my profile and talk about how curvey your gf is. you must be insecure about something. cause that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

i like muscle cars too, i think they can be pretty slick but they get more praise than they deserve.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #88
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Is this a "american vs" or "old vs new" thread? NO it isnt so why is it being turned into one.

BTW In 1982 Trans Ams were pulling .856g on 14 inch wheels and junk for tires. same goes for Camaros of the same year. by 1985 they were up to .92g> wich is nowhere near 7g.

This is all besides the point. If the OP wanted an american car, it would have already been revealed. I dont see the OP as wanting an american car so why not drop it. Is it really worth the arguement or bashing on what sombody else likes?

Last edited by hotrod_chevyz; 11-08-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:14 AM   #89
Red CELL
AF Newbie

I dont care what make of car James chooses, In the end I hope he will be happy with his choice. He asked us what car we think turns a girls head and I gave my opinion. I got flamed on the next post by someone who was obviously biased against muscle. I was defending my statement.
for what its worth, my all time fav car is the 1988 porsche 959.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #90
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

ok red cell, i was joking with you man, im sorry if i came of as an ass lol. im not flaming you are bashing what you like so sorry if thats what you thought. im sure your camaro is nice im sure i would take one just like it.

and .92gs is pretty impressive, but the slalom was only 62ish mph, which is ok but not what id consider good.

and im not biased against muscle, everyone else is biased towards it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons