Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #181
rollyg
AF Newbie

Re: Dual climate control blowing heat on AC

Sorry... meant to say thanks joegr... I'm new here.
rollyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #182
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollyg View Post
Sorry... meant to say thanks joegr... I'm new here.
No problems. I was just having a little fun...
joegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #183
mannyls
AF Newbie

I have a 2005 ls v8 and the ac is blowing hot air. This happened after the car overheated, and I filled it with 50/50 antifreeze. After reading the posts here i ran the DATC codes and got 2797 and 2799. It sounds like the dccv valve needs to be replaced. I took a picture of the valve to verify it's the right one. Can someone let me know if this is the right one?

Thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dccv.jpg (55.6 KB, 14 views)
mannyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #184
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyls View Post
I have a 2005 ls v8 and the ac is blowing hot air. This happened after the car overheated, and I filled it with 50/50 antifreeze. After reading the posts here i ran the DATC codes and got 2797 and 2799. It sounds like the dccv valve needs to be replaced. I took a picture of the valve to verify it's the right one. Can someone let me know if this is the right one?

Thanks for your help
That's the one.

You would be wise to pressure test your cooling system. I'll bet that you find you have a small leaks due to cracks in the degas bottle. Your LS is also getting to the right age for the plastic cooling system parts at the front of the engine to start cracking too.

Lastly, a coolant flush wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #185
mannyls
AF Newbie

Joegr, thanks for the reply.
How do I go about pressure testing the cooling system and performing a coolant flush? Is there a proceedure somewhere I can find?
mannyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #186
joegr
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyls View Post
Joegr, thanks for the reply.
How do I go about pressure testing the cooling system and performing a coolant flush? Is there a proceedure somewhere I can find?
You can pick up a pressure tester pretty cheap, but you'll have to get a specific adapter for your LS. The idea is to pump it up to 15 PSI and see if it holds at 15 PSI for at least ten minutes.

You can do a flush by hand using a garden hose, but that's not very environmentally sound, and if you used too much pressure you will damage the water pump and some other stuff. It'd be better to pay up and have it done somewhere. A dealer or a good shop would probably be willing to do the pressure test at no extra charge if you have the flush done there.

If you do any of this yourself, you do need to know the correct way to bleed the cooling system. Here that is.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file...tm#extract_142

Other info...
Machine flushing.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file...tm~gen~ref.htm

Pressure test.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file...tm#extract_133
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #187
jraboyte
AF Newbie

my A/C is Hot

hello- i am new here i have a 05 Lincoln ls V6 and i have reading all the other threads and tried everything to fix my a/c i ran the diagnostic and i am getting the codes 1264 and 1265. my a/c is only blowing hot air. can anyone tell me how i can fix this, i tried unplugging the DCCV and the air still comes out hot. is there a way for me to check the door actuators some other way. please i help i live in AZ and its hot and humid right now
jraboyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #188
joegr
AF Regular

Re: my A/C is Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraboyte View Post
hello- i am new here i have a 05 Lincoln ls V6 and i have reading all the other threads and tried everything to fix my a/c i ran the diagnostic and i am getting the codes 1264 and 1265. my a/c is only blowing hot air. can anyone tell me how i can fix this, i tried unplugging the DCCV and the air still comes out hot. is there a way for me to check the door actuators some other way. please i help i live in AZ and its hot and humid right now
Unplugging the DCCV puts it into full heat mode, so I don't know what your were trying to do. 90+% of the time, it is the DCCV. Your gen II LS does not have any doors at all that control air temperature, it only has the DCCV for this.

From the service manual: "B1265 1265 Cold Air Bypass Door Actuator Circuit Failure Invalid code. Vehicle not equipped with cold air bypass door actuator. Ignore this code and continue diagnostics. "
Old 07-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #189
Eunos
AF Newbie

Hello all, Just purchased a 2000 Lincoln LS v8, and guess what the only problem with the car is..... Hehe, the AC isnt workin properly. The AC is hit or miss when it works or not. It seems to like to work in the morning and not work in the afternoon and night. Coming from an educated automotive background, I check the AC compressor, fuses and relay's. After all these came back good, i hit the net and found this blog. I then saw the info on how to run the self diagnosis on the HVAC system. Problem 1... i couldnt complete it. When followed the procedure, the system did the count down, and at the end all the lights lit up on the display..... Did i do something wrong? Thank you for your time in reading my problem.
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #190
shorod
SHO No Mo

Welcome to the forum!

Which procedure did you follow, can you link to it? The procedure apparently varies slightly depending on if you have the heated and cooled seats or not.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #191
Eunos
AF Newbie

I followed the very first procedure that you posted, and also check alldata to see if there was a different procedure... this procedure below is from alldata. The car is a 2000 v8 with heated seats.
  • The DATC Module Self-Test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages such as engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. The NGS tester must be used to retrieve these concerns.
  • The vehicle interior temperature should be between 0-32°C (32-90°F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false temperature sensor DTCs may be displayed.
The DATC self-test through the front panel display:
can be initiated at any time. Normal operation of the system stops when the self-test is activated.
is entered by pressing the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then pressing the AUTO button within two seconds . The display will show counts of 1 to 25 in the center of the display window. Record all DTCs
concludes by reporting all on-demand DTCs. Follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION in the DTC index for each DTC given.
reports individual on-demand DTCs as four-digit DTCs (less the alpha character).
will calibrate all the mode doors and check all analog inputs. The DATC will only report on-demand (hard) faults that occurred while the DATC was conducting its self-test.
will light all control panel display segments if no faults are detected.
will report individual on-demand DTCs without the °C symbol lit.

thanks rod for your time and input, it is much appreciated.
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #192
shorod
SHO No Mo

You might try what's listed in this post as it worked for this person.

-Rod
Old 07-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #193
mcholt1
AF Newbie

I need a DATC module, and the dealer wants $829.00 + tax!!! Any help or tips on where I could get this a little cheaper? This is for a 2002 LSE.

Thanks!
mcholt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #194
shorod
SHO No Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcholt1 View Post
I need a DATC module, and the dealer wants $829.00 + tax!!! Any help or tips on where I could get this a little cheaper? This is for a 2002 LSE.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum!

I still have a spare from my wife's 2002, what is the part number of your DATC? Does your car have the heated seats? My wife's LS did not have heated seats, so the controls for them are not on the spare I have.

Also, what are the symptoms that caused you to think the DATC is the problem? The modules seem to be quite robust for the most part, unfortunately several of the peripheral devices are less robust and may cause you or the dealer to think the DATC is the problem.

-Rod
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #195
mcholt1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I still have a spare from my wife's 2002, what is the part number of your DATC? Does your car have the heated seats? My wife's LS did not have heated seats, so the controls for them are not on the spare I have.

Also, what are the symptoms that caused you to think the DATC is the problem? The modules seem to be quite robust for the most part, unfortunately several of the peripheral devices are less robust and may cause you or the dealer to think the DATC is the problem.

-Rod
Thanks for the quick response Rod!

I don't have the part number, but I do have the heated seats.

It all began suddenly, I lost cooling and was blowing hot air. I reset the temp and all was fine, for a day. Next day, no cooling unless I set the temp down to 60. At that time, I searched for information and found this forum. I ran DATC self test and it gave me a 19 47 code for the Evaporator Discharge sensor. At this point, I called my mechanic (I still got cooling at 60) and He asked me to run the test again, which I did. However, this time, I didn't get the read out before the error codes

It just flashes the 19 47 code, and no cooling even when set a 60. His thought was the DATC was bad. Does this sound like a bad DATC to you?
mcholt1 is offline   Reply With Quote