Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car is better? (Pictures of cars listed posted below)
2002 VW GTI 30 16.57%
2002 Acura RSX Type S 28 15.47%
2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 20 11.05%
2002 Honda Civic Si 7 3.87%
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 86 47.51%
2002 Ford SVT Focus 10 5.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 06:20 PM   #181
crayzayjay
CFA

Im sorry but its plain stupid to bring the WRC into this argument. The rally and standard road cars have nothing in common, and using rallying as a comparison for the road cars is nonsensical.

cheers,
jay
Old 02-12-2002, 08:03 PM   #182
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
yeah seriously about the WRC.

I think the whole anti-focus thing is bandwagon. coz its a pretty hot lookin car, people just wont even give it a chance. Their only defense really is "its ugly" but it sure as hell looks better than that lowered minivan of a civic si. And whoops up on compact car performance in its SVT model
representin' Tofu Krew! member #17

Proud member and coat checker of AF's Lazy Krew.....zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz

Old 02-13-2002, 09:14 AM   #183
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Interesting...

yeah sorry about that mph limit thing, I donīt know what the limit is in USA i guess 90mph? well what I ment is you can go at very high speeds without braking any law here in Europe (In Germany thereīs no speed limit!!! in the highways, imagine yourself in the Autobahn, jejej ) and well in Spain speed limits are very generous.
About the Focus it seems some of you have to get your story straight. actually the Focus (ford world car) is an import cause it was TOTALLY developed in Europe where they make other kind of Fords (Mondeo, Fiesta, use to have the luxurious Scorpio as well, etc), or because a BMW is made in USA would you say is american too? I imagine you know BMW has fabrics in USA as well Honda etc, so that doesnīt make it american! It still an import, so is the Focus, its not american just because the Ford name is!
Cheers

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Old 02-13-2002, 09:16 AM   #184
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Oh and I forgot to mention, like some of you said the Focus has great developments, thereīs a supercharged Focus that compits with the Corvette Z06, I imagine you have read the articles in your american magazines, or do you want me to bring the # of the issue and the name of it?

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Old 02-13-2002, 01:30 PM   #185
ImportFreak
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImportFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ImportFreak
RINNAGAID Import freak - You like import cars then fine. You chose them in the same people decide what football team they like. You are biased against the Focus. It is in the same league with all those other cars and I can back up what I say. Writers for car magazines will tell you the same thing. Did you see Automobile magazine two months ago? They compared a lot of these cars and the focus did just as well or better. Do you know more than writers who review cars for their job? Obviously not, they can spell and you can't. Ford is competitive in many forms of racing in many countries around the world. So I don't buy that the SVT Focus should not be considered when looking at those cars. The truth is that it is in the same class. I can back it up. Just because you don't like Fords doesn't mean a lot to me. Would you try to tell me next that Hyundia or Kia is better because it is an import? How do you tell what is import anyway. The Focus is British designed and the ones built there differ only slightly from the North American ones. Believe what you want --
The truth is that the SVT Focus is just as good.

whoopti doo ur complaining how im too lazy to correct my typos.. like i care.. I care about that as muhc as ur opinion on the focus.. soo just as much as u think ur ford is great i think it sux.. and im not saying the civic si the new one is good at all.. i rather hate it.. so whatever..

Club MWR [monkey wrench racing]/Member #0/Co-Founder

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT / Aero Pkg / Siliver / Premium Pkg /
Old 02-13-2002, 02:50 PM   #186
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

hey importfreak i mentioned the SI just coz a lot of people out there scream honda honda honda, and just because a car comes out of honda it cant be pathetic. Nothin directed towards you, just a lil venting about all the TFATF watching teenybopping bandwagon riding wannabes out there

Old 02-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #187
RINNAGAID
AF Newbie

If you want to say you think the Focus sucks or Ford sucks I hope you can back up what you say. 'Whatever' doesnt really do much. Im not really for or against imports. I look at a car for what it is. I know better than to buy into someone else's bias or prejudice. And I know lots Subaru people and they dont like Hondas/Acuras either. Maybe we share the belief that torque is not a bad thing.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:39 PM   #188
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Im not really for or against imports. I look at a car for what it is.
just for that, you chiseled a spot on my good list. Some people REALLY need to realize that

Old 02-23-2002, 05:59 PM   #189
Ragingdragon
AF Newbie

i am about to get a car soon too..

So far, my choices are either the Acura rsx type s, suburu impreza wrx, or a civic si. I have no idea at the moment which car to get, i need some mad suggestions. Which car has more potential? I know that impreza is the fastest but in my opinion the rsx looks much nicer and dont forget about the 6 speed!! oh yea.. i just want the civic si (2000 not 2002) because it's cheap and i can add a jackson supercharger in it..but yea, i am sort of helpless, HELP!!
Old 02-27-2002, 02:03 PM   #190
photo
AF Newbie

The Acura sounds nice, that would be my first choice. I like the Supra too. I don't know to much about hopping up an import. I've always only worked with V8's and rear wheel drive cars. What kind of times are these cars capable of?
Old 02-28-2002, 03:33 AM   #191
wishihadaskyline
AF Newbie

why not think about nissan SE-R SpecV???:toothless
heehee, toothless is funny
Old 02-28-2002, 02:26 PM   #192
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

what ARE everyones opinions about the SE-r specv? i mean, so what SCC dynoed it at 147hp..........it has a good quarter mile and one HELL of a slalom speed........all for 16k (sources the new scc issue 8 great)

Old 03-22-2002, 08:28 PM   #193
big_new69
AF Newbie

Why don't you test drive all of your possible cars, find what you are looking for (performance, right? )....buy the car that performs the best, and buy it.

And if you are looking for a GTI, test drive a 1.8T instead of a VR6...fastest car I have ever driven, stock. Performance parts are a little more expensive, but the car is more explosive.

2002 VW GTI 1.8T
Old 03-22-2002, 09:09 PM   #194
crayzayjay
CFA

It's no rocket, but the Golf GTI is nippy enough in a straight line. Take it around a few corners and it feels like a boat. Suspension is too soft, body is too heavy.. Golf GTi is not the sharp driving tool it used to be.....

cheers,
jay
Old 03-30-2002, 01:50 PM   #195
guysohigh
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to guysohigh
WRX

It's gotta be the WRX, my friend just got his, and it is sooo much fun to drive, blows out everything else listed

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons