Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos
Car Videos Got a crazy video to share?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #61
Muscletang
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafish
Oh, and flatlander, the Corvette has 100+ more horsepower than the NSX, and the Corvette needs a 6 liter V8 to make 400 horsepower, but the NSX only needs 3.2 liter V6 to make 290 horsepower.
Tunafish you're not going to win a debate trying to prove the new NSX is better than the C6. I don't know what you have against the new Corvette but it has shown everybody that it's a serious sports car.

C6 Corvette
Base price $44,245–$52,245

0-60 mph 4.3 sec
0-100 mph 10.0 sec
1/4-mile 12.7 sec @ 113 mph
Top speed (drag limited) 180 mph

FUEL ECONOMY
EPA city driving 18-19 mpg
EPA highway driving 25-28 mpg

So good it made Car and Driver's 10 Best List.

2006 Acura NSX

STARTING PRICE IS $90,000!?!?!

EPA fuel mileage (city/highway) 17/24

This is the car you're jumping up and down over!?! It's a Ferrari wanna-be that for $90,000 can't even give me 300 fucking horsepower!?!?!?!

It also gets WORSE gas milage than a bigger V8.

I didn't even bother to post 0-60 times because for a car close to $100,000 it's embarrissing.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:04 PM   #62
Tunafish
AF Newbie

Re: 600+awhp EVO vs 667rwhp Cobra vs 300 shot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletang
Tunafish you're not going to win a debate trying to prove the new NSX is better than the C6. I don't know what you have against the new Corvette but it has shown everybody that it's a serious sports car.

C6 Corvette
Base price $44,245–$52,245

0-60 mph 4.3 sec
0-100 mph 10.0 sec
1/4-mile 12.7 sec @ 113 mph
Top speed (drag limited) 180 mph

FUEL ECONOMY
EPA city driving 18-19 mpg
EPA highway driving 25-28 mpg

So good it made Car and Driver's 10 Best List.

2006 Acura NSX

STARTING PRICE IS $90,000!?!?!

EPA fuel mileage (city/highway) 17/24

This is the car you're jumping up and down over!?! It's a Ferrari wanna-be that for $90,000 can't even give me 300 fucking horsepower!?!?!?!

It also gets WORSE gas milage than a bigger V8.

I didn't even bother to post 0-60 times because for a car close to $100,000 it's embarrissing.
I have nothing against the new Corvette , infact it's the only Corvette that i've ever liked, but when people say it's the best car in the world and rig Nurburgring laptimes, it kinda makes me mad. Well at a starting price 0f 80,000 dollars,the NSX is half the price of a Modena. Again, power IS NOT everything. The NSX is light, and has excellent engineering. Don't ever call an NSX a Ferrari wannabe. The NSX is hand built just like a Ferrari Modena and can keep up with one. So at half the price of a Modena, i think it surpasses it.

Believe me when i say that i have nothing against the new Corvette, it's the people that try to back it up that i soemtimes have problems with. I even think that the Corvette is better than a Ferrari, and i will admit that in a straight line, and some other points, the Corvette is a better car than the NSX, but there's so much more to a car being good than that, and people dont grasp the idea of a Japanese sports car. I have respect for Muscle cars and their drivers, but some of them i dont , because some of them are so ignorent, and just don't understand the JDM car culture, and they just think "oh every Japanese car is a ricer" which is just not true at all.

Chevy has proved that they can make a good engine, they proved that in the ZR-1, but i don't understand why 15 years later, they make an engine with less technology.
Tunafish is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos