Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
evostisrt4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to evostisrt4
Question I need New car and Cant choose Srt4 or sti?

i recently got 40k from a downfall and i need a new car so what do u suggest a sti or a srt4?
help plz
evostisrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
evostisrt4
AF Newbie

Question New car Srt4 or sti?

I need help i recently got a 40k downfall and i need a new car with evo out of question(my friend has one and wont let me get one) Which car is better? why?
Old 04-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
How the heck is this even a question? I could see how some people might like the SRT4 over the regular WRX, but the STi??? C'mon now...

I'll tell you what I would do if I had $40,000 thrown at me... I'd probably spend some on the car I already have, but instead of going out and wasting it all on a brand new car, I'd put the rest into an investment somewhere it will actually make me money. Then perhaps in the future you wouldn't have to choose, you could buy both.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:19 PM   #4
evostisrt4
AF Newbie

Re: I need New car and Cant choose Srt4 or sti?

i dont have a car i wreked my eclipse (wich was widebody ) and the cluch line snapped i need a new car!!! ALOT of peeps say that the srt4 is a wiser choice cuz it is cheaper and becouse with 5k ull make it have 300hp
Old 04-05-2004, 06:23 PM   #5
Calebz
AF Newbie

Yeah .. the SRT4 is fabulous.. If you want a cheap disposable front wheel drive car

Theres no comparison between the 2 cars you have listed.. The STi out classes the SRT4 in every possible way, with the exception of the fact that the STi doesn't come with a stereo

And yes, I have driven both of them
Calebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:28 PM   #6
evostisrt4
AF Newbie

ya fullyloaded it is bout 35k and srt4 is bout 22k with everything and 25k with the stage 2 mopar turbo toyz making it push 300hp and my friend got smoked last week in his evo with a rolling start by the srt4 with the stage 2
Old 04-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #7
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Re: Re: I need New car and Cant choose Srt4 or sti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evostisrt4
ya fullyloaded it is bout 35k and srt4 is bout 22k with everything and 25k with the stage 2 mopar turbo toyz making it push 300hp and my friend got smoked last week in his evo with a rolling start by the srt4 with the stage 2
$35,000 maybe at your local dealership, but that's not how much they cost. And there is no way you're gonna get an SRT4 to do everything an STi will do with $10,000 in mods. Not to mention, even if you did, you're comparing a car with $10,000 in mods to a stock car. That should tell you something.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #8
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
well first of all friends do not have the right to deny you a 30K car unles they are buying one for you. they can give you advice but you have the final say.

IMO the EVO is the best car of the three

But anyway back to your question. If you plan insane power levels out of the engine the SRT4 and the EVO are much better in that regard since they do have closed deck iron blocks as oposed to the sleeved open deck aluminum block in the STI.

On the other hand the STI will have a better drivetrain. And its clealy better stock.

But here is another thing to consider you could buy the srt4 or some other car even cheaper and save the rest of 20K or more for inverstments or college.

BTW make sure you don't pay with all the money down so you could build some credit.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:36 PM   #9
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

there isnt any comparison between these two cars. the only thing the the srt-4 might have against the sti is the price. but if you have the money to buy either one, so get the sti. but dont get blue because i see that too much.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:32 PM   #10
96berettakid
AF Newbie

Out of the 2, I'd get the Sti. Maybe I'm the only one though, but if I had 40 grand to burn, I'd be getting a Cobra. Maybe it's just me.
96berettakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:59 PM   #11
dayna240sx
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dayna240sx

I think 300 hp is quite enough for a person who doesnt know the difference between an srt4 and an sti...

If I was in your shoes, I'd buy an M3, either used or put your 40K down and take the rest out to build your credit.

How old are you btw?
dayna240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:33 AM   #12
FDTT
AF Enthusiast

WRX and invest the rest. If you really want to hit the 300hp mark you could do it with a WRX and 2k or so. And then invest the rest.

Dont drive faster than your angels can fly
FDTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:46 AM   #13
Zwrangler
AF Enthusiast

lol, if its all about just getting 300hp you could just get a camaro for like $6000 and that would have 300hp to begin with. its obviously not an issue of power here its an issue of which car you prefer and thats a personal taste thing not something that everyone can argue about and say "you're wrong" or "this is better", its all personal taste.

You may be too young to actually take their advice kid, but the older members who suggested you invest some of this money are right. If i were in your shoes i'd get a wrx or maaaaybe a used STI if i could get one for cheap and still save some cash. be wise about it and .......... I can't believe i'm saying this but... don't go spending it all on a car

93 camaro Z28 R.I.P.
From this......................to this and this

check it out at my website

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars but glory is forever !"
Zwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:58 AM   #14
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96berettakid
Out of the 2, I'd get the Sti. Maybe I'm the only one though, but if I had 40 grand to burn, I'd be getting a Cobra. Maybe it's just me.
definitely just you. i would either buy an m3 like dayna said or i'd save it for a down payment on a 2007 R35 skyline.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:35 PM   #15
evostisrt4
AF Newbie

im 16 and i dont kare about 300hp but thats what seems is the only way ill beat my friend who has a evo and i really like the srt4 so plz tell me what u whould rather have me do im getting my car by next weekend