Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 06:53 PM   #31
Vric
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Vric Send a message via MSN to Vric Send a message via Yahoo to Vric
Re: Re: Whats the difference between Tamiya Grey Primer & Modelmaster Grey Primer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSStreet
go to walmart and pick up krylon sandable white primer. you'd be glad you did

I did that, I wasn't impressed as much as Tamiya one
Vric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #32
Mr. Obssesive
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Obssesive Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Obssesive
Re: Whats the difference between Tamiya Grey Primer & Modelmaster Grey Primer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs36chambers
Whats the difference between Tamiya Grey Primer & Modelmaster Grey Primer? I just wnat to know if its a good primer or not cause my LHS didnt have any Tamiya primer so i bought Modelmaster grey primer.

The only good thing I have to say about Testor's is that it caused me to learn to use an airbrush!! Seriously though, the problem I have with Testors is that it takes waaaaaay too long to dry......in fact I don't think it ever really dries. Also I learned not to trust what might come out of the can on any given day, as the pressure can be unreliable in my experience. Modelmaster may be a different story in that it seems to be a better grade of paint than the regular Testors paints in the small bottles, and their spray cans are a little better quality. But after what I've just described, I don't trust their cans either.

Having said that, I would NOT use Testors brand for any sort of a primer......I personally use Krylon Sandable Primers, since most of what I paint is acrylic enamels, which is compatible with the Krylon. You can find Krylon at any K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Hardware Store or what have you.

As always, it's a real good idea to test these paints on a junk body. before trying these out on your prize project.
Mr. Obssesive is offline   Reply With Quote