Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: which is better
syline 40 44.94%
ferrari 49 55.06%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 09:16 PM   #16
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
UHh all that computer and shit is "engineering" and squeezing 300hp out of a 2.6 liter motor is engineering. The skyline is an incredible car and its a race car, not some preppy girls race car. I mean inside that Ferrari is ugly, looks like a diaper, leather is cheap leather that Land Rover uses, The Skyline uses comportable cool looking race seats

Whats the car for, Racing or Showing off?

that makes all the difference, but I am skyline all the way
Old 12-27-2001, 10:33 PM   #17
TatII
AF Fanatic

hahahah i agree with the craftsman ship part. and yes the ferrari is also a technical marvel. but its too much of a bitch mobile to me, that only preppy people would drive. not a car that a hardcore sports enthusiast would drive.
Old 12-28-2001, 02:14 AM   #18
USA Racer
AF Enthusiast

The Ferrari. I don't see how it's preppy (do you guys even know what it means?) buy being more expensive, rare, faster, and lighter.

TatII: Most 360 guys I know are true sports car freaks. Other wise they would have got a Lexus like everybody else. ..."not a car that a hardcore sports enthusiast would drive"... can back this statement up?

Anyway, the Skyline is a nice car and all but you compairing it to a Ferrari. Ferrari ALWAYS wins.

JBL85: That 2.6L engine is also twin-turbo cahrged and intercooled. It doesn't make 300bhp either. It makes about 280bhp. You still need to do something to the RB26 to get 300 horse out of it. The Japanese made a (useless) 276bhp limit to all mass production cars (don't think 400R counts though) although the Supra Turbo and GTO (3000GT here in the States) have well over 300bhp.
Old 12-28-2001, 02:43 AM   #19
JBL85
AF Fanatic

USA RACER go race your ford or whatever american car you drive and leave the japenese cars to me

the skyline makes well over 300hp STOCK

it says 276 because thats the most a japanese production car can have.....and yeah obviously its twin turbo'ed duhhhhh everyoen knows that do you feel better by pointitn it out to me.....and wow look i have a skyling that out WEIGHS and outhandles a Ferrari, sucks for the guy who just paid a shit load more then me for a more unreliable car =)
Old 12-28-2001, 02:57 AM   #20
USA Racer
AF Enthusiast

The Skyline doesn't outhandle the 360 you ill imformed ImportTuner reader. Show me a road test where the GT-R R34 beat the 360! Saying that 3400lb saloon can out handle a midengined car designed be Formula 1 professionals is a foolish statment indeed. And I prefer GM over Ford thank you. I love the GT-R myself. But it can't compair to the 360 in any way. Peace JBL85.

**OFF TOPIC**BTW, I used to live were you do. For about 5 mounths as a kid. Was kinda boring although it's probably a nicer place now. Are home prices expensive or sain there?**OFF TOPIC**
Old 12-28-2001, 04:38 AM   #21
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

I have never had the pleasure of getting a ride in a Ferrari, but I recently was in a 2001 R34 Vspec ll . With the aircon on and two people in the car we managed to do the 0 - 100 kms in 4.8 secs flat.

For those who do not understand why a GTR is such an awesome car you need to brush up on it more before you make assumptions. The ATTESSA system in the R34 is second to none. We pulled over 1.2 G's according to the little center G-Force screen on roads that were not as smooth as a race track. For a car that weights in as much as it does the corning ability is scary.

While the GTR is not the ultimate car, don't just dismiss it so easily.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 12-28-2001, 05:08 AM   #22
USA Racer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Razorgtst
We pulled over 1.2 G's according to the little center G-Force screen on roads that were not as smooth as a race track. For a car that weights in as much as it does the corning ability is scary.

While the GTR is not the ultimate car, don't just dismiss it so easily.
I can belive the 62mph one.... As for 1.20 G... Don't you mean 1.02?? That's wild. 1.2 g is more than two tenths of a G-force more than the normal V-spec calimed to have. Insain my friend. I'm not doubting you. Just sounds crazy. Congrats if it's true though.

BTW, I'm not dismissing the GT-R at all. JBL85 was just dismissing the 360 when in fact he is contradicting himself.

..."leave the japenese cars to me" he said.

Last time I heard the NSX is a Honda from Japan. The Ferrari 360 is just an 'Italian NSX' if you will. The NSX 'made' Ferrari go the direction they did. With out the JAPANESE ('his' cars) NSX the 360 probably would be even softer.

Sorry JBL85. lol I don't mean to pick on you. Just want to state MHO.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:16 AM   #23
TatII
AF Fanatic

i guess its becuse of the people that i see driving those cars in nyc. they seem soo rich and snobby. and they think they're the shit cuse htey own one and think that they can beat anything in the street. give me a modded gt-r and i'll smoke any ferrari anyway.:sun:
Old 12-28-2001, 02:07 PM   #24
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

Nope not a type. We watched the replay on the G-Force readout. It went completely off the screen. His aftermarket alloys and enormous tyres just hold the road so well.

In fact three of the corners we achieved .85 -87 G's were off camber. You could feel the car unload terribly and wiggle a bit but he kept his foot into and the front wheels pulled us around.

We are not talking about a walkin the park speed either. The average speed around these bends would have been over the 170kph (105mph) mark. These are on corners rated at 70kph (43mph).

A note to remember is that when they do comparisons look at the tracks they use. Basiclly a circut track with high banked corners. Now put those cars in a real world situtation and it becomes a totally different stroy. The Supra's, RX's, bla bla will have to slow down considerably to make the same corner the R34 just flies through. At one of our local tuning shops they get these wild vids from Japan all the time. There have been heaps of comparisons on race tracks in Japan. Ones with no banked corners. The NSX would be all over the GTR down the straights. Sometimes even begining to pull up to it, but once the tight corners hit the NSX would just fall behind further and further. Mind you these comparisons were done with off the shelf cars, no mods.

In the end if you drive a GTR into a corner hard you have to be willing to or be brave enough to just put your foot down if the back end begins to step out. The G-force sensors will kick in and apply torque to the front wheels. If you back out of well it becomes a 2wd car then. It takes big balls to get a GTR sideways and stay with it, but if you do the rewards can be awesome.
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
Old 12-28-2001, 03:21 PM   #25
Kaneto
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kaneto
My choice, easily the GT-R.

For one, 360s really aren't all that special here in SoCal. I can think of a handfull of people that have them locally. 550 would be a different story.

Since we're talking best overall, I have to consider price in that as well. Performance-wise they're pretty close stock. Of course the Ferrari has more power, but the Skyline has one of the best AWD systems on the planet. It does put down rediculous handling numbers stock. The GT-R can generally be had for much less than the 360 most anywhere in the world. Even here in the States it can be imported and made street-legal for less that 6 digits.

It may be 276hp stock, but minor mods on a GT-R and you have over 300hp. Change out the turbos and you can have over 450hp. All easily done, and more, for the difference in price between the two cars.
Old 12-28-2001, 05:08 PM   #26
USA Racer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaneto

It may be 276hp stock, but minor mods on a GT-R and you have over 300hp. Change out the turbos and you can have over 450hp. All easily done, and more, for the difference in price between the two cars.
Is that little modification that every GT-R owner does to get 300bhp called seomthing? The Supra people call it BPU. I think it jsut makes the engine breath better or something.

BTW, you can twin-turbo a 360. lol I does the quarter mile in like 7-8 seconds.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:21 PM   #27
JBL85
AF Fanatic

sorry i dont know anything about honda, i forget they make real cars also, but yes refering to RAZORGTST, the skyline is a rally car also and pretty much has a computer driving for you, and the thing handles unreal.

Dyno's show the skyline is around 316 hp or something like that stock, but thats just a few of the claims I have read in magazines, maybe ill go ask in the Skyline Forum and get the real 411.

""It may be 276hp stock, but minor mods on a GT-R and you have over 300hp. Change out the turbos and you can have over 450hp. All easily done, and more, for the difference in price between the two cars. ""

the skyline is btw, known as like the most tunable car in the world or something like that, i heard its factory de-tuned to meet emissions
Old 12-28-2001, 08:39 PM   #28
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

i think you guys know which one i will chose so i'll just post a pic for you kids to drool over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modenainside.jpg (13.4 KB, 522 views)
Old 12-28-2001, 08:41 PM   #29
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

...I'd say this car is very photogenic, from most angles that is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modenabackshow.jpg (7.9 KB, 444 views)
Old 12-28-2001, 09:16 PM   #30
JBL85
AF Fanatic

I never said I didnt like the FKN thing, of course its beautiful its a Damn FERRARI. I just like Japanese and I have tons of respect for the thing and arguing/discussing with people about the car is fun =)