Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
ellev8or
AF Regular

67 Pontiac Bonneville Questions/Concerns

The partial specs of the car are the following: 6.6L 4BL OHV 8cl 400 engine with
58000 miles. It has an oil leak and I would like to ask how many oil pan gaskets does it have and I humbly ask for any tips you all may have for installing a new gasket and the best kind? Next, what is the normal operating temperature of this car, I'm trying to detect if it is overheating, but also, it's missing an overflow reservoir. Does it suppose to have one because the small black hose is just hanging down through the front left area (if facing engine) of engine and when it overflows it runs out onto the ground leaving a mess? What causes the radiator to overflow and is that a bad sign if it does? I checked the fluids in the radiator and it was at half level. Is it suppose to be at full at all times or is there a leak in the radiator, water pump, etc? Lastly, have you all ever heard of a full injected kit? Please take a look at this and tell me what you think. Would it actually improve the fuel economy and give the engine more power? Ladies and Gentlemen, sorry so long and thank you so much.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...H1950220S.html
ellev8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 67 Pontiac Bonneville Questions/Concerns

Due respect here, you need a shop manual to properly work on this car, that is just an overflow hose, there is only one pan gasket, check the source of the leaks before assuming that is the source. A bad cap, clogged radiator, head gaskets, water pump can all cause overheating and over flow. You need professional help with this, we can only suggest areas that may require attention.