Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
wingy
AF Newbie

edumacate me on buying a 2000 LS V6 sport

I have my eye on a rather nice looking 2000, Sport with 5 spd. It has 53k miles which scares me because it appears that these cars have some mechanical issues, and of course its just out of warranty. The car is extrememly clean beyond that.

What should I be looking for and can my local LM dealer verify service/repair history?

I love the looks of the car, and the idea of a 4dr that has some fun factor is extremely appealing. But I do not want to be hemmoraging $$ later for fixes.
wingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:31 AM   #2
CGGorman
AF Enthusiast

Re: edumacate me on buying a 2000 LS V6 sport

All had 5 speeds. You mean the Getrag manual? If so, there are no major mechanical problems. The windows are about it! If it's clean, straight, and the price is right, I'd jump on it! Your dealer can run an OASIS report to determine what work has been done at any FLM dealerships.
CGGorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
wingy
AF Newbie

Sorry, I neglected to mention that the tranny is the manual. I test drove it Friday, and was blown away. Even in the greasy slush after a week that had 16-18" of snow, it was awesome. And I don't understand all of the criticism of its bad weather attributes, even without trac control it never got squirrely. It does have snows on it, maybe thats the key? I purposely went down some sloppy, slippery roads to see how it acted.

Dry pavement and cornering were awesome, as was a brief run down the freeway at 80mph. The balance of the car is its strong point. I love it, its a superb package. The manual is one of the best I have ever touched too.

I ran a carfax, and I had my LM dealer run the report It looks like I have found a very clean one owner car, with a VERY detail oriented owner. He had all oil changes and regular maint done at the dealership as well as many nit-picky items such as rear decklid paint and squeaky shifter boots replaced. I have 6 pages of history, and not one major issue.

From my research it would appear that the manual V6 is indeed the most solid version of this car. I'm smitten, I want it.

Pretty sure it'll be mine later today or tomorrow. Ironing out some price and finance details at the moment.
wingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 07:10 AM   #4
CGGorman
AF Enthusiast

Re: edumacate me on buying a 2000 LS V6 sport

Good Luck and good choice. I love my V8 but wish it had a Getrag!
CGGorman is offline   Reply With Quote