Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What is Better
MUSTANG GT 20 29.41%
CAMARO Z28 48 70.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:53 PM   #136
Greenman344
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Greenman344
Both cars are badass, but i am saving for a mustang gt, because i think it is a overall better car.

ps, i know that z28's will blow by me with no problem but i do not care.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:33 AM   #137
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman344
i know that z28's will blow by me with no problem but i do not care.

If only all owners were like you. Cool dude, good luck on gettin your car.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:46 PM   #138
2000LS1Z28
AF Enthusiast

Mustangs are cool, my car eats them everytime. I still hear no complaints from her
Old 11-17-2003, 08:09 PM   #139
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Mustangs are cool, my car eats them everytime. I still hear no complaints from her
Race any Cobra SVT's lately? I hope you do because you will have your ass handed to you.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:03 PM   #140
2000LS1Z28
AF Enthusiast

Mayhaps you think my car is stock. Here is a list of my mods:
2000 Z28 M6
Z06 intake manifold, HPP3 program, SLP underhood ramair, whisper lid, DR's, panhard rod, Edelbrock 100 shot, Pro 5.0 shifter, MAFT.
The car runs 13.1 sec. at 113 mph at elevation (BTW at that track modified 03 Cobras run 13.4 sec. 1/4 mile at 110 mph. I mean modified by catback, CAI, DR's and chip). Corrected the car runs a 12.7 sec. pass at 115 mph, w/ a crappy 2.3 sec. 60'. Most stock 03 Cobras do very little if I am on the juice. I have been smoked by a 03 Cobra that was HEAVILY modified (It was the team X2C's car). He ran a high 11 sec. pass at LACR.
I like the mustang crowd, but have to admit that everyone of them at the track has pretty much lied to me when I have been honest. ex. I wanted to race a 98 Cobra N/A vs. N/A. He told me he would, and still used the 100 shot on me down the strip. The X2C's car owner/driver was worried about me using nitrous too. I guess I should lie next time.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:53 AM   #141
justacruiser
Banned

Eh, what can I say? The stang would always lose. I'm pretty rare I guess, I like both Ford and Chevy. Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious to me that Chevy always has the upper hand in the power department if the engines are similarly modified. Their engines are much easier and a bit cheaper to work on as well. I like my Mustang, but I'm not stupid, it's no Camaro. Ford steering always makes an ass out of Ford as well. It's loose and feels very undependable compared to most Chevys. Chevy on the other hand seems to go through motors, (specifically cams), a bit more.... my friend Kevin has had the engine in his truck go out.... 6 times now if I remember right, in the last 4 years. Now only 2 of them have been new, the others were rebuilt, but still....
Old 11-19-2003, 04:52 AM   #142
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacruiser
Eh, what can I say? The stang would always lose. I'm pretty rare I guess, I like both Ford and Chevy. Unfortunately, it's pretty obvious to me that Chevy always has the upper hand in the power department if the engines are similarly modified. Their engines are much easier and a bit cheaper to work on as well. I like my Mustang, but I'm not stupid, it's no Camaro. Ford steering always makes an ass out of Ford as well. It's loose and feels very undependable compared to most Chevys. Chevy on the other hand seems to go through motors, (specifically cams), a bit more.... my friend Kevin has had the engine in his truck go out.... 6 times now if I remember right, in the last 4 years. Now only 2 of them have been new, the others were rebuilt, but still....
Well I'm not going to flame you just point out where you are wrong. Chevy always has the upper hand in power if the engine are similiary modified... Not really.... it all depends on what motor what year etc.., etc.., It's pretty much a split

As far as easy to work on... they engine wise are agian split. Ease to work on as far as Fox Stangs vs. 3rd Gen F-bodies and even Sn-95 vs. 4th Gen Mustang wins both times F-bodies engines are mounted 10X tighter and harder to work on but this is also what helps gives them better handling.

Cheaper.... Your expierence must be with carbed I assume this ause of your car's year. Once you start getting into Fuel Injection era Ford is the cheaper of the two. So once agian split

Old 11-19-2003, 04:28 PM   #143
justacruiser
Banned

Well, I'll give you a few points on the cheaper to work on for the 90s era ones. I don't have much experience buying parts for those or newer Camaros. As for power....Sorry dude, yes Chevy is always more powerful with a similar sized motor, if they are built up the same. Stock to stock, would depend on year and model, I wouldn't bet an old 2barrel 327 Camaro winning against a newer GT, etc. However, in the same years they were made? With the same relative sized and modded motors? I'd bet my money on the Chebby. As for easy to work on.... maybe the newer ones, I've never worked on a modular before. Pre modular? Hell, no. Especially with the space provided. Always amazed me that with an engine of smaller physical size than a Chevy,(pre mod), Ford always managed to cram so much extra shit in the engine compartment that it's hard to even change the friggin spark plugs. But I still like the looks of a Mustang MUCH better.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:40 PM   #144
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacruiser
Ford always managed to cram so much extra shit in the engine compartment that it's hard to even change the friggin spark plugs. But I still like the looks of a Mustang MUCH better.
Have you ever tried to change a 4th gen Camaro's spark plugs? It's a job from hell.
Performance Mods: Z28 Catback, Cutout
Appearance Mods: 35% side, 5% rear tint
Charcoal leather seats
Comming soon: 3.73's, LSD, Air Lid, VS Cam
Not in that order....
Old 11-19-2003, 10:22 PM   #145
2000LS1Z28
AF Enthusiast

I've heard that it's actually worse to change the spark plugs on a Lightning pickup.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #146
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
I think with the new gen F-bodies and Mustangs have strong points in many different categories. As far as tunning, the Mustang swapped over to ohc which can make things a lot easier and less expensive if you want to tune it (as far as FI). With a new Cobra is already boosted with the supercharger, and with a few changes you can be boosting around 18psi. without any major chances to the interals. On the new ls1, its a bit more difficult to do that considering its ohv and its compression is already running really high. An ability to push around 8psi with stock internals is about all you could get before you start changing things. So if you want to get hp this way, the Mustang platform offers a much easier start off to begining with.

The bad part of the ohc on the Mustang is that it takes so much room in the engine bay, it would be very difficult to drop in anything bigger than the 4.6. It was a task to put the 5.4 in the Cobra's (which is why they didn't do it) from what i've heard due to the fact of the upper/lower A-arm setup and the larger dimensions of the ohc setup make it a larger task.

I wouldn't consider buying either of these two if i'm looking for a good handling car. The weight isn't very impressive on either setups, and the Cobra is just to big and tall. The CobraR would be a possibility (if you can even find one) or the Z06. As for as the F-body/Mustang, I would mainly use them to go straight. But thats just what I think.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:10 PM   #147
justacruiser
Banned

I can't wait for the new Mustang to come out. I've already told myself I'm gonna get a 2008 GT or higher model, (for a 40 year span between my Mustangs), they look very impressive. I like them a lot better than the last generation of Camaros made.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:31 PM   #148
tHaCuBe
AF Newbie

why would ford bother making the car quicker when they are already outselling the competition? i mean id love to see a quicker mustang, the current body style is much better than a camaro, but if it costs them less and they still sell, whats in it for them? im sure if ford wanted to and had to, they could pump out some quick gts
Old 01-29-2004, 06:38 PM   #149
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
ancient thread revival

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination