Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: who would win 1/4???
acura rsx type-s 1 11.11%
integra type-r 7 77.78%
geo storm 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #16
OoNismoO
AF Enthusiast

for the rsx getting 14.8 in the quarter, i saw it in car and driver august 2001 issue, page 65. maybe they got really lucky with temp and all that, or the 2001 model yr is just faster, i really dont know, but thats the time they said they got.

well i wasnt looking up rsx's or integra type r's, but just happened to come accros this site with type r magazine articles. looks like they did at some point even got the type r as fast as 14.5 for the quarter in SCC, but i think they got really lucky, and did it only once though. anyways i can believe 14.8 for the type r, i can trust the the time 14.8 motor trend got, but im not sure about the 14.5-14.7 sports compact car got, i just dont know how they do their tests, but you can believe what you want, the times are really close. seems like the 2000-2001 models were the faster yrs, while the 97 got 15.2-15.3, but not sure about 99 or 98. anyways take a look at the site.

click the second one below.

http://69.53.28.141/reviews.html] http://69.53.28.141/reviews.html[/url]

Last edited by OoNismoO; 10-25-2003 at 04:31 PM.
OoNismoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 10:59 PM   #17
TatII
AF Fanatic

well the fact taht i was arguing is that you were giving me the impression that you think the type R can't run a 14.7-14.8 and the way sport compact car does they're test is that they don't use correction factor. where most major magazines do. so i guess its all cool now then. but usually people in sport compact car runs slower times, csue they run them in the desert. like how they were tryin soo hard to get project silvia to run 12's. they could not get them to run 12's at all, they're personal best was 13.05 and when they called motortrend to do a correction factor for them, ( cause dave colemans job was on the line. he had to run a 12 or he'll get fired, and he got desperate) so motortrend gave them the correction factor adn it turns out they ran a 12.4

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:30 AM   #18
got v-tec?
AF Enthusiast

this is where i got my info! www.engine-power.com the reason the type-r ran a 15.2 is most likely because of high elavation.
got v-tec? is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons