Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > XJ6| XJ8| XJ12 | XJR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
XJ6| XJ8| XJ12 | XJR Classic and Current XJ Models, including the R series.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #1
00SVTdubs
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 00SVTdubs
? about XJR mods

Im looking at a 99 XJR right now that is bone stock. I want a fast luxury sedan and I want to stay in the Ford Family. Right now I drive an 00 SVT Contour as my daily driver and an 03 Cobra convertible for leisure. The cobra has 474hp 496tq SAE and ran 11.74 @ 118 before the new blower and spray. I post on SVTPerformance.com all the time under the same name (00SVTdubs) so you can check my credibility.

I just wanted to ask some questions about the XJR since I am not too familiar with the car.

I want to upgrade the blower, make more power at the same boost level due to running it more efficiently...
I want to get a smaller blower pulley to add some boost (how much boost is stock and how much can I run while staying efficient and making good power? Also where do I get pulleys for this car?)
I have someone who can tune the car for $350 for me so running lean after the increase in boost will not be a problem since I can richen it up when I get it dyno tuned.
I also want a performance intake, K&N probably
I also was looking into an aftermarket exhaust but I dont want the car to be loud since it is a luxury car.

My question is, who sells these types of products, who has the best products and how do I contact them?

Thanks for your time in advance!
2000 Silver SVT Contour
00SVTdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #2
Swoxy
AF Enthusiast

Ask these guys. Good luck, let us know if you do anything. Sounds like you have great plans!
Old 10-14-2004, 05:36 PM   #3
DC Kelley
AF Newbie

You might want to take the question over to http://www.jag-lovers.org/ where you will find more of the tinkering crowd. This is mostly an XKE site, but there is a good amount of "current" data as well. That plug is by no means intended to dis this board by the way. So why would someone with a hot Cobra need to ratchet up a 3000 lb Jag? If God spares me long enough to ever get that ERA replica (i.e. real Cobra ) I have wanted for 20+ years it would, in my own case, reduce the driving stress I would put on the Jag.
DC Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:30 AM   #4
nysteelhorse
AF Newbie

XJR mods

I have some good tuning sources if theres still any interest... I have a '98 XJR and this thing can be very fast.
(I know, I stuffed it into the wall at Pocono Raceway when I spun it at about 95mph on the north road course.)
Just be assured, everything is expensive for this car. It's reliable as hell, but mods are costly. Subtle body kits are 6-7 grand!
nysteelhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:40 PM   #5
evopanop
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to evopanop Send a message via MSN to evopanop
I'd like to see some XJR mods, as I'm thinking about buying a used one. They've really come down in price, and they're looking MIGHTY tempting. Time to get rid of the beater Civic, too... Finally, I can afford a fairly decent vehicle, lol.
My Gallery
evopanop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #6
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote