Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 11:20 PM   #61
TKMS
AF Newbie

Angry Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

You know its people like you who P#@ me off. And obvious someone needs to grow up. It seams to me that just about everyone of the postings that our about Sport Compact Pro, are people who applied to them and were denied, post negative input about them, when they really don't know anything about the company.

I was just simply posting my thoughts, and letting ones who Doubt Sport Compact Pro, Know that there legit. And you know what, there's a saying in life, and I don't know if you have heard it before, but nothing in life comes for free. There's always some way or sort of catch to it.
TKMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #62
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

People like you do not "P#@ me off." You make me smile

I gave it a few days to see and guess what?
No more posts by you. This board is huge and has a lot of information to share and the only thing you have logged on to discuss is this?
Hmmm ... I'm sure you have no personal gain here - no agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMS
I don't know if you have heard it before, but nothing in life comes for free. There's always some way or sort of catch to it.
I never implied that anything is "free."

Let's see my first post on Page 1:

Quote:
If someone can truly afford to "sponsor" you, they will not need you to pay for anything. Think about it, if they can afford to give you $12,000 ... why would they need $80 from you????

All these "deals" are is buying membership into a discount club (just like Sam's Club or BJ's). You are paying for a discount.

I have several sponsors and I assure you they do not ask me for money ... quite the other way around.

Companies sponsor you to get their name out there ... Pepsi wants to sell more soda, Falken wants to sell mroe tires, etc ...

What product are they offering that they want to get their name out there for?? Their "product" is your $80-$90.
Show me were I implied anything is "free."
Sponsorhip is an exchange of parts, services or cash for advertising space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMS
It seams to me that just about everyone of the postings that our about Sport Compact Pro, are people who applied to them and were denied, post negative input about them, when they really don't know anything about the company.
That's funny. Please enlighten us ... who in here applied and was denied?
Name one person that posted in this thread that was denied.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #63
cheveys10
AF Newbie

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

i just got acepted by sport compact pro yesterday and im not sure if there legit or not but im hopeing they are and if everything is as easy as its suposed to be or as easy as they say then no problom but if they take my 88 dollars and i dont get anything in return im aganna be p*#@ed off and they wont like that. but form what i hear its alll legit and i cant wait to get rolling on ym s10... called wanna be
as in wants to be a big truck
cheveys10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:29 PM   #64
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Send me $88 and I will sponsor you too.
I'll send you a Jekyl Hyde Racing sticker to prove that you are sponsored.

lol
Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #65
sde1972
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship

Regarding your quote:

"most of the time to get a sponsor you need to be a proven winner"

Well, actually, I got a call from a gentleman at SCP and he needed my car for sponsorship due to the fact that the Neon SXT in their circuit in my area had been totaled out. I accepted and was allowed to take part in a $10K sponsorship for a 12 month period, and I have never, ever put my car in a show or anything. I am, however, excited about the opportunity to attend at least 4 shows within that 12 months and fix my car up how I want at a VERY discounted price. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, huh? Thanks!
sde1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #66
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Great ... now we have SFI Marketers trolling the board.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #67
jszarecki
AF Newbie

hey all..just reged to post for this... but ill eb coming back here.

i also got a call from SCP and carsponsorships.com. they were very excited telling me i was sponsored for this an that. im a endorsed musician so i knwo a bit abotu being sponsored. again i said theyu were very helpful and excited in trying to find me stuff i coudl qualify for until....

i told them what kinda car i have. 1975 280Z 5 speed, slightly modified.

they said, well, we have stereo and decal and lightig kits.. i said i dont need/want those. do you haev any body kits, engine parts, etc?

they said they are not affiliated with any engine co's as street racing si illegal. i told them im a registered/licenced autocrosser and the guy (SCOTT his name was) didnt knwo what that meant.

anyway, after 30 minutes on the phone, no one there coudl find me anything for the car. he said he was gonna send me soem paperwork and soem decals and id get em in 2 weeks. i said fine.

THAN it hits me. after i hung up i realized i filled out something online to get this fool to call me anyway. and lo and behold i saw an 88 dollar charge on my card the next day. ive since had it reveresed with my bank, thank god! so well see what happenes next.

PLEASE FOR TEH SAKE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY. DO NOT SEND THEM MONEY. I DONT KNWO ABOTU CARS, BUT IN MUSIC REALITY YOU NEVER HAVE TO SEND ANYONE MONEY TO GET STUFF. that only happens if lets say you get a 75% off deal, than of course you pay the differance.

speaking of the co's these guys use, i went to all there sites and the stuff looks liek crap. oh i almost forgot, he offered me verticle doors. i said thast cool, if i get them for free. he saoid no, about 1500. i can get teh kits myself from a magazeene cheeper than that! the best part is, is they say they have deals with dunlop, so i asked abotu tires...and guess what. they couldnt even find anythign to fit my rims...wierd. they are STOCK NISSAN RIMS! idiots.

see kids, if this was a REAL endoresement company they woudl find you stuff that woudl work in your car!!!!!

striek 3 with me. anyone else actually take pix of there "products installed" lets see them
5 speed
32K original miles
2nd owner
jszarecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 AM   #68
series600r
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to series600r Send a message via Yahoo to series600r
well, i have already accepted the "sponsership" and have become a scout also. so far there has been no problems except that the list of part ditributer sites they gave me dont have much for my car beside what i already have. im going to try to call them tomarrow to see about the turbo kit im lookin for. i can find them but its gonna cost me $3600 and would like it if the "discount" saved me a lil money. if this is a scam, i would fell kinda bad signing on other people......it kinda makes me part of the scam itself. any other info would be appreciated. thx
series600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #69
jszarecki
AF Newbie

yeah its almost like a pyramid scam
5 speed
32K original miles
2nd owner
jszarecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:24 AM   #70
imtheoneandonlyD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD

I did this about year ago with my old truck. Got some vouchers for decalskits.com and some audio "quasi" thing. I sent in a voucher with the pictures of the "decalkits.com" on my truck and got the "monster" decalkit which was more than $88 (that i stupidly paid) listed on their site. I got the decals and only used 2, the rest i sold on ebay (the huge ones for about 25 bucks a peice). Since then i tried to get more decals but never got anything else. The audio stuff was a joke and i didnt even both with their lame prices and products in the "catalog"

Overall it was a learning exp and i would not recommend them to anyone.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:34 AM   #71
imtheoneandonlyD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD

I did this about year ago with my old truck. Got some vouchers for decalskits.com and some audio "quasi" thing. I sent in a voucher with the pictures of the "decalkits.com" on my truck and got the "monster" decalkit which was more than $88 (that i stupidly paid) listed on their site. I got the decals and only used 2, the rest i sold on ebay (the huge ones for about 25 bucks a peice). Since then i tried to get more decals but never got anything else. The audio stuff was a joke and i didnt even both with their lame prices and products in the "catalog"

Overall it was a learning exp and i would not recommend them to anyone.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #72
2002ZX2
AF Newbie

Angry Scp

I just read everythread in the forum. I too applied for a sponsorship online and when I got to the CC info BIG RED FLAG. So i did not continue. Well, they called me 10 days later saying a car just like mine was totaled and they needed my type of car to sponsor. I stalled them and said I would have to check it out first and then get back with them. They said if I did not do it soon someone else would get my sponsorship. Well, after checking bbb.com all complaints have been resolved but that doesn't comfort me after reading these forums. I am not a regular member of the forums but they just saved me $88 because I will not be giving them any money. Thanks for everyone's advice. Especially you Jekylandhyde!
2002ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #73
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Well sense everyone keeps talking crap, how about some proof that SCP is not a scam, yes sitting right outside my house is proof. It's a 1989 240sx Hatch I picked up for 400 dollars (blown transmissions and messed up body). Got it back in Feburary of 2005. In April of 2005 I got it sponsored by SCP. By June the car had a Sr20det motor swap, Koyo Radiator, Greddy FMIC, Greddy Hotpipe, Greddy BOV, Greddy style oil pan, Perma-Cool 14" electric fan with controller, gauges, Optima YellowTop battery, RS*R Downpipe, 3" Exhaust w/ Apex-I mufflar, and the streets of Joplin, Missouri haven't been the same sense....all thanks to the guys and gals down at SCP. The car is going into my garage this week, I'm starting on a roll cage and a T04 Turbo upgrade. Mainly waiting on me coming up with the rest of the money and materials to fabricate a V-Mount intercooler/radiator system on the car.

Pictures...
http://www.rewerkd.net/personal/009.jpg
http://www.rewerkd.net/personal/016.jpg
Re_Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #74
JekylandHyde
AF - Advisor

Just curious Joshua, how is that you are into such a large car project and you are a member of one of the largest (if not the largest) Automotive message boards on the internet and you only post in this thread?

What you have is not a sponsorship.
You bought into an Automotive discount club.
It's no different than Sam's Club or BJ's.

Paying for a discount is not sponsorship - especially when the mark ups are so high.

Send me $88 and I will send you a Jekyl Hyde Racing sticker so you can tell people we are sponsoring you too.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #75
Re_Joshua
AF Newbie

Well then if I did that I would be paying 88 dollars for a sticker lol. Yes I only post on these because these (SCP topics) is the only reason I joined these forums. People who deal with Sr20 swaps and 240sx's and actually know anything about them go to the smaller forums to chat. Less BS from people who dont know what they're talking about.

I will agree I paid for discounts, so freakin what. Sure has paid off for me. And after uninstalling the radiator and intercooler system to custom make a v-mount system makes me love paying for that "sponsorship" more and more. If it wasn't for it, I'd still have the blown POS 2.4 litre truck motor in the car and it would still be sitting in my barn, lol.

I understand that there are people they don't or won't pay for the "sponsorship" for a discount, ok; thats fine, just don't talk crap on those and the companies that offer it. Also please remember that if you cannot afford to fix up your car/truck/whatever don't apply for ANY sponsorships, deals, etc; it's a waste of your time and the companies time also.
Re_Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car