Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
gotnos
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to gotnos Send a message via Yahoo to gotnos
SCP is a SCAM!!!!

The money you pay is a donation to some illegal street racing fund. Ok, we need ask where is the money going? Who is getting it? and how is it being spent? Keep any info pertaining to SCP. I have a # of someone at SCP. CALL Bill 302-892-3400 make it a point to call him twice a day about your sponsorship package. This is the only way we are going to get anywhere with this scam...if we bother them enough they are not going to want to deal with the calls. It's hard I'd like to start a law suit against them but it cost big money...I say keep calling, you bought something just keep on them til you get it...but really you find better deals on ebay than this scaming outfit. I've turned them into the internet fraud...but they don't care...so we have to try something else. Also call Ty at SCP 1-888-333-7621....LOL I just called while writing this...call tell them you want to join the scam...they are going to hate all the calls...bother them how ever you want.

Kyle Gilbert
gotnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
cies02
AF Newbie

Yeah there a bunch of d**ks I order my carbon fiber trunk for my ride and there were yeah your all set you'll get it by a week or so and its been 2 or 3 weeks and nothing i have called every single day and they just hang up on me thats just bull s**t
cies02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
302Focused
AF Newbie

Alright guys so I have been sponsored to drop a ford crate v8 and convert it to rear wheel drive....

Now comes the bullshit about the sponsor..
It's sport compact pro..
Now Stop the tsking and sighs and jeers..
These guys are legit
The previous owner has been ripping people off...
That I can't deny..
That is why he is not around any longer.
The guys at sport compact are very kind respectable and generous..
The contract proceesing fee is legit..
They draw up personal contracts for EVERY PERSON
No car sponsorship is the same...
and the fee IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE!!
Take it from someone who does his own taxes...
1099 at the end of the year
Independent contractors contract
The guys who talk all this shit are people who wanted stock cars sponsored, and they got the sponsorship because these guys wanna help the little people out... The people trying to get their project off the ground. Why hate on people being helpful...
Also the complaints about them not having any parts in the wholesaler catalogues they provide....
If they don't provide it Sport Compact Pro WILL FIND IT!!
I know for a fact that dave from sport compact spent about 4 hours last night looking for an m3 styling kit for one of his sponsored supras...
So how can you talk shit when you haven't spoke to these people personally...
And about the people not being able to get ahold of their sponsor, Think about it... If you had 25 cars you had to find parts for and maintain that they are keeping their end of the bargain.. You would be hard to get ahold of too.

So all in all I am very confident about my sponsorship from sport compact pro.. and if you did have a problem with them look at www.bbb.com (better business bureau) and look for yourself, they have been working hard since the previous main shareholder had fucked things up...
And all you naysayers are just fueling the fire...
So you guy's can keep driving your beater 94' integras

I'll call you when I break 6's with my sponsored focus
302Focused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
streetjustice
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: SCP is a SCAM!!!!

u must be new, 100% of the people who say SCP is a scam is usually the ones with no talent let alone a car, i happen to work for SCP and i have for a while now, the only scam here is u being a little biatch with no skills and ur driving a GEO Metro so suck it
streetjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:37 AM   #5
zeeboy1
AF Newbie

Ripped Off Also

best thing we can all do is go to
http://ftc.gov/ftc/consumer.htm
and file a complaint.
i'd like to organize a class action suit. i don't care how much $ i lose, this "company" needs to go down and i'll help organize it. if you're in, email me
zeeboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #6
jszarecki
AF Newbie

Re: SCP is a SCAM!!!!

hey all..just reged to post for this... but ill eb coming back here.

i also got a call from SCP and carsponsorships.com. they were very excited telling me i was sponsored for this an that. im a endorsed musician so i knwo a bit abotu being sponsored. again i said theyu were very helpful and excited in trying to find me stuff i coudl qualify for until....

i told them what kinda car i have. 1975 280Z 5 speed, slightly modified.

they said, well, we have stereo and decal and lightig kits.. i said i dont need/want those. do you haev any body kits, engine parts, etc?

they said they are not affiliated with any engine co's as street racing si illegal. i told them im a registered/licenced autocrosser and the guy (SCOTT his name was) didnt knwo what that meant.

anyway, after 30 minutes on the phone, no one there coudl find me anything for the car. he said he was gonna send me soem paperwork and soem decals and id get em in 2 weeks. i said fine.

THAN it hits me. after i hung up i realized i filled out something online to get this fool to call me anyway. and lo and behold i saw an 88 dollar charge on my card the next day. ive since had it reveresed with my bank, thank god! so well see what happenes next.

PLEASE FOR TEH SAKE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY. DO NOT SEND THEM MONEY. I DONT KNWO ABOTU CARS, BUT IN MUSIC REALITY YOU NEVER HAVE TO SEND ANYONE MONEY TO GET STUFF. that only happens if lets say you get a 75% off deal, than of course you pay the differance.

speaking of the co's these guys use, i went to all there sites and the stuff looks liek crap. oh i almost forgot, he offered me verticle doors. i said thast cool, if i get them for free. he saoid no, about 1500. i can get teh kits myself from a magazeene cheeper than that! the best part is, is they say they have deals with dunlop, so i asked abotu tires...and guess what. they couldnt even find anythign to fit my rims...wierd. they are STOCK NISSAN RIMS! idiots.

see kids, if this was a REAL endoresement company they woudl find you stuff that woudl work in your car!!!!!

strike 3 with me. anyone else actually take pix of there "products installed" lets see them
5 speed
32K original miles
2nd owner
jszarecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
firedog206
AF Newbie

wish i saw this place sooner i just join scp today so thay probly walk away with my 93 $ hu f**k i am going to go tell everone on my space about this you all should go tell everone you know to so some one elts dont get f**k two
firedog206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
Team SCP
Banned

Re: Not sure who you are talking about?

If SCP didn't work for you please try Team SCP and tell all your friends about www.TeamSCP1.com as well.

We will not only give you access to great deals on parts and posible sponsorship opportunity but we will pay you cash for wins, places or shows at regional and nation races and events, up to $200.00 for best in show. Also, please visit our web site at teamscp1.com.

... We would be happy to have you and your friends as members of our group. I am one of the owners! So by all means please email me any of your thoughts or concerns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedog206
wish i saw this place sooner i just join scp today so thay probly walk away with my 93 $ hu f**k i am going to go tell everone on my space about this you all should go tell everone you know to so some one elts dont get f**k two
Team SCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #9
civica
AF Newbie

i knoe this is a little late but i just signed up, i joined team scp and after about 5 months i finally got a user sign in. after lookin at their site for a bit i went to nopi.com. its the same exact site in a different color, when i went on the products were the same and so was the pricing
civica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
sakisteve
AF Newbie

So Ripped off too

SCP Is the biggest scam out there. They Just sale wholesale, with a NORMAL Profit margin. MSVP Is about 40% + On any product and they only mark it up to what 25% hell thats still less them MSVP and More then Cost. I joined, and within a day i knew it was a scam. I should have known, when you have to PAY to get a sponser. All the sponsers i had, PAID ME. Plus i had an old school rx7, you think they had any parts?, Told me that i would have a pro sponsership slot and would pay up for 50% of my motor. Well I Even proviod them with a suppier and as i expected, Nothing. They wanted me to buy though theirs so they could mark it up and and then back down to give me my 50%. Tell you the truth, smart guys. I Work in Wholesale, I know how much everything cost. Thats B.S.

Well moving on, After i pay them the "sign up fee" or what ever, I decied i want to Cancel it, Cut my losses, I couldn't get my money back ( the review board said no), So i wrote a letter Canceling the Account( as required in the Contract, and anther letter to The better business bureau. And thought my fight was done. BUT NO, I recently looked over the charges on my credit card and found a *NEW* $65 charge from them (imagine a membership renewal) . I went NUTS! I call my bank and have the charges pending. I call to get a refund, And of course it has to go to their (review board), I said that was bullshit and want the Top dog the person that can fix this. Some chick, ellen, or something i can't remeber, well her extention is 105. @ 302- 892-3400. She Still has not call me back. I would like to also file a class action lawsuit too. All i want is to be DONE with them, and get my money back, or parts of = or greater value. And to NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN!!! I will not endose them, In fact i would run a " Anit-Team SPC1" Campain at all Midwest drift day events, and at all SCCA events i attend. Hell at this point i want to start a friggin website, just to hate them. I'll keep posting till this is resolved. And i welcome any Insite from Team SCP As no one really handles anything there anyways, maybe something may get done this way?

DORI DREAMS
Milwaukee Chapter Pres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProduce
I can live with 75-250 rwhp but not without the style.
sakisteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #11
sakisteve
AF Newbie

DORI DREAMS
Milwaukee Chapter Pres.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #12
Packrat007
AF Newbie

im probably going to get ripped for this but i actually have a carsponsors account and i get items from that at a discounted price usually 30-50% off if not more. i have ordered 2 things through them and about to make my third order and have not had any problem. i have also talked a teamscp1 guy on the phone and via e-mails and they sounded legit and i have talked to people that have a sponsorship through them. even tho they are not a sponsor they do the same thing car sponsors do. but i do think they get more things for your car than carsponsors cause they only give you things for your car that are more for show and not to help your speed much.

anyways thats my 2 cents.
Packrat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #13
sakisteve
AF Newbie

Quote:

Reliability Report for
Team SCP, LLC
The BBB reports on businesses, both accredited and non-accredited. If an organization is a BBB Accredited business, it is stated in this report.
Name:Team SCP, LLCPhone302) 892-3400Address:610 Main StreetWilliamstown, MA 01267Website:www.teamscp1.comPrincipal:Mr. Thomas Shanley, ManagerCustomer Contact:Mr. Thomas Shanley, ManagerEmployees:1File Open Dateecember 2007TOB Classification:Auto Perform, Race & Sport EquipmentBBB Accreditation:This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

The BBB develops a full report on a firm based on inquiry or complaint activity. This company first came to our attention in December 2007. We are attempting to develop more information on the company. At the present time we do not have enough information to issue a full report. The BBB suggests you read and understand company promotional materials and contracts and check company references and licensing, where applicable.

Customer Experience
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
The BBB processed a total of 6 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 6 complaints closed in 36 months, 6 were closed in the last year.
Refund or Exchange Issues Resolved 6 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
Industry Tips
Auto Repair and Services

Report as of February 15, 2008
Copyright© 2008 BBB®, Inc.

If you choose to do business with this business, please let the company know that you contacted the BBB for a report.
BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company or has been compiled by the BBB from other reliable sources.

As a matter of policy, the BBB does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.
Check it out for yourself www.bbb.com
issuses not accepted by the consumers, meaning it was not a resolved in a way that they felt was good.

DORI DREAMS
Milwaukee Chapter Pres.
Quote:
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #14
skidmrk
AF Newbie

I am a member of scp and ordered parts from them a week ago and got them today. so i dont know what all the whinning is about. suck it up you got a lame ass ride and no one likes a baby!
skidmrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:31 AM   #15
Crazy Driver
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Crazy Driver

On the contrary, noone likes people with insanely large ego's.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car