Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 05:45 PM   #16
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

if they made all those changes why didn't they change the body?

I don't think it's POS but it's price tag is crazy for the performance!
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 05:55 PM   #17
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Arrow gang$tarr

I'd have to agree. The price tag is IMO reflective of Honda's desire to build a car with Ferrari-competing levels of exclusivity. Sadly enough, that's basically what it comes down to. You charge $80K for a Yugo, it'll still be a Yugo, but an exclusive one.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 06:39 PM   #18
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

heheh, that's exactly what i was thinkin

i'm sure it did compete a bit in 1991... cause then it was competing with like a testarossa.... but now its just a waste of money, if buying new
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-27-2001, 06:54 PM   #19
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Uhhh... can't agree with you there. The NSX may not be quite at the top of the heap, but it remains highly competitive, at least well into 1998. The Corvette Z06 and 360 Modena have effectively raised the bar, but you know that Honda is not going to build (actually in the process of building is more accurate) a new 400-horse V8 NSX in order to fit into the middle of the pack. I'm certain they've got their sights on dethroning the kings, and kicking them down a few steps while they're at it.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 06:56 PM   #20
R35
AF Enthusiast

Yup that is the nature of the beast, no one car will ever remain at the top forever. The good thing of it all is that when one car maker ups the bar the rest work harder to raise it even higher and we get better cars, sounds all good to me.
Old 08-27-2001, 08:04 PM   #21
F20C
AF Enthusiast

The competition have increase the performance gap over time. 11 years ago there was no Viper. Corvette was running a 5.7L 245 hp V8. 911 Carrera Turbo was using a 3.3L 315 hp h6. Ferrari F355 didn't come out until 1995. F355 was tie or beaten by NSX Type S Zero in all category. NSX used to be known as baby Ferrari except half the price. NSX change the way other exotic car manufacture build their cars. It was the first exotic car to suit the driver not the other way around. It was easy to live with because it had all the features you need.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 12:37 AM   #22
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by R35
Yup that is the nature of the beast, no one car will ever remain at the top forever. The good thing of it all is that when one car maker ups the bar the rest work harder to raise it even higher and we get better cars, sounds all good to me.
i was thinkin about this today... i was wonderin how far we could go with car performance
Old 08-28-2001, 03:46 AM   #23
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Competition breeds better products.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 04:45 PM   #24
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C
Competition breeds better products.
what i mean though is like there's gotta be a limit to how far we progress with car performance..... like cars that go 0-60mph in 1s or something like that.... there's gotta be a limit
Old 09-19-2001, 09:24 PM   #25
R35
AF Enthusiast

To that I say

Meet George Jetson, datatadata dada

There are things that are physically impossible to do, plus I wouldn't trust granny doing 200MPH on the freeway so ya I agree with you, there will come a day when "cars" as we know it will have to change.

Sort of a "Chicken or the egg" thing here. Do have to get better roads, better (safer) cars, better drivers, etc. etc. What comes first?

Plus I think we will all be old and grey before say your average car (mid-size sedan) does 0-60 in 1 sec.
Old 09-19-2001, 09:54 PM   #26
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

yeah... i don't think people are going to let cars get that fast

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX