Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 01:04 AM   #16
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
I can't get the movies to work.

----------
"Ferrari isn't a car, it's a lifestyle"
-Enzo Ferrari.
enzo@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 02:42 AM   #17
unite@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to unite@af
OK here is my point if you put a tiptronic shifter on a metro it would be a cool car... So when you through in the awesome dimensions and engenering of the NSX and a tiptronic option then it has to be a damn fine car in my standards... I would take a metro with a tiptronic trans. Yes the tiptronic is probably worth more then the metro but its a metaphor... anyway... COOL CAR!!!!!!!

----------
"SUBARU" is a Japanese word meaning "unite," as well as a term identifying a cluster of six stars which the Greeks called the Pleiades -- part of the Taurus constellation. According to Greek mythology, Atlas' daughters turned into this group of stars.
unite@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 01:36 PM   #18
Steveo
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steveo
Is it not downloading?

I think you are supposed to download it first.

Å£

----------
The Artist formally known as Ahkmid Lickachicken.
http://psxi.tripod.com
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 04:01 PM   #19
enzo@af
Old Mod

Well, when I go to the link it says this page is not available. I've tried it from two different computers, so I don't think it's my computer or server.

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.
Old 11-30-2000, 05:41 PM   #20
carman
AF Regular

just click on the movie files from this page:
http://www.geocities.com/phattcars/acuransx.html
geocities dosn't allow direct linking
carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 05:44 PM   #21
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
Its all about the Mobil 1 NSX
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 09:27 PM   #22
unite@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to unite@af
You need to right click on the link and go Save target as and it will download
unite@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 09:39 PM   #23
Steveo
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Steveo
With a V-6 and All-Aluminum Body,the 2001 NSX has a horsepower of 252 at 6600 rpms. Ir has a low emission of toxins so it is really good for the earth. The sleek body style is what draws me in, It is such a beautiful car, and after reading up on it, found out that it gets 24 miles to the gallon. Which isn't bad for a V-6.

I've come to understand that a DHOC VTEC engine is quite powerful and a 24-valve motor in the NSX is exactly that. Quite a powerful car.

It does deserve praise.

Å£

----------
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 11:13 AM   #24
enzo@af
Old Mod

It's DOHC...Dual Overhead Cam.

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.
Old 12-01-2000, 07:59 PM   #25
carman
AF Regular

I really do respect NSX, but I think they could do a better job on it. Like putting some turbos on it wouldn't hurt a bit
Also, the price sucks. What?! You want me to pay $90,000 for a car? Are you crazy? They could sell it "4 Less" and they'll have more profit GUARANTEED. Are you saying that that's not what they want? You think they want to be prestigious? Nope, every single manufacturer's goal is to sell cars and earn money. Getting everybody talk about the car maybe a part of their goal, but selling the car is their goal. So, Honda! are you listening? Lower the price and we will all be happy!
carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2000, 10:31 PM   #26
Dimex
AF Newbie

Selling it for less means sales drop for their integra type R's and their S2000's, and their Civic Si's. Also, the 90K price tag does include some things you might not think about...like tariffs. Try buying a new Vette in Europe. I guarantee you won't pay anywhere to close to 40K
Dimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2000, 06:54 PM   #27
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
Quote:
Quote: ahkmid@af ( 10:39 pm on Nov. 30, 2000 )

With a V-6 and All-Aluminum Body,the 2001 NSX has a horsepower of 252 at 6600 rpms. Ir has a low emission of toxins so it is really good for the earth. The sleek body style is what draws me in, It is such a beautiful car, and after reading up on it, found out that it gets 24 miles to the gallon. Which isn't bad for a V-6.

I've come to understand that a DHOC VTEC engine is quite powerful and a 24-valve motor in the NSX is exactly that. Quite a powerful car.

It does deserve praise.

Å£

----------
It actually makes 290bhp.
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2000, 08:38 PM   #28
JD
AF Newbie

Contrary to the mentality which Honda adapts in producing most of its race-inspired cars, the NSX is available with both a manual and an automatic transmission. The manual transmission version receives the 290-hp engine, while the automatic transmission version receives a watered-down 252-hp variant. This strategy goes against that which they use for many other Honda sports cars, which are available only with manual transmissions. Examples of this phenomena are the Integra GS-R, Integra Type R, Civic Si, Prelude SH, and the S2000.

Honda's strategy in this respect is two-fold:
1)Cut costs by releasing these cars with a single transmission choice. Every variable option Honda throws into the mix potentially limits their profit margin, since they don't build cars on an as-demanded basis.
2)Limiting the transmission choices does exclude drivers who are unable to drive cars with a manual transmission from purchasing any of the cars mentioned above.

Because the NSX fetches such a hefty price tag, Honda does not want to lose its business to competitors by offering it only with the manual OR automatic transmission. If unavailable with the transmission desired by the purchaser at such a high price bracket, where people expect to get exactly what they want (granted they will be paying almost $1000,000 for a car), the strategy employed by Honda for their less expensive sports cars would cost the company a lot of business.

This helps outline the different sectors in Honda's marketing strategy, as at the other end of the spectrum, one finds the Accord V6, the 3.2 TL, and the 3.2 CL, all of which are now only available with automatic transmissions (although the TL and CL have a brilliant five-speed automatic with tiptronic sport shift options). These are still sporty cars, but lacking the razor-sharp enthusiast touch of the cars previously mentioned.

This strategy pays off particularly big in the Acura line-up, where few accessory options are offered, and the cars come loaded as standard packaging, yet unifying the car platforms as much as possible, allowing Acura to undercut competitive models by Lexus, BMW, and other premium brands by thousands or even tens of thousands.

But again the strategy is different still in the case of the NSX. Consider cars that are bought as status symbols. Many people are marked in wealthy superficial circumstances by the cars they drive. If they drive a $45,000 Corvette, they immediate association may immediately be that they drive a car that fits into a price bracket. In a superficial society like the one I am describing, if a $70,000 Porsche 911 pulls up at a stop light next to the Corvette, the Porsche owner can turn his/her nose up at the Corvette driver.

Based on the above, if the NSX cost only $70,000 it would have to compete directly with the 911 for business. And I believe that Honda has wisely shied away from this. They realized that once people can afford a lifestyle where they have the luxury of automobile shopping within this price bracket, the difference between $70,000 and $90,000 becomes insignificant.

If a wealthy person decides they want to spend in the neighborhood of $70,000 for their next car, they are forded an array of options. They can consider a BMW M5, Mercedes Benz E55, Jaguar XKR, Dodge Viper, or a Porsche 911, just to name a few. However, if they decide they want to shop a little higher at the $85,000 to $90,000 price bracket, they in much more exclusive company. They are now looking at a BMW 750iL, Lotus Esprit, Acura NSX, and not much else. Because of this price difference, the NSX establishes itself as a much more exclusive status symbol among its peer automobiles, like the 911, Viper, and Corvette, and yet the price difference keeps it in some senses from being a direct competitor. Therefore it increases its intrinsic value as more of a stand-alone, class-of-its-own automobile.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote