Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Initial D Japanese Cartoon Racing, Drifting and more.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 11:00 AM   #31
WhiteBlur
AF Regular

that was a good story, I like the choice of cars you chose. Good story line, but ever think about changing the location? like a different state, just a suggestion but other than that its a pretty good story :sun:
Old 03-23-2003, 02:41 PM   #32
Dorikin
AF Fanatic

There is no RB30DETT

Also a TT setup couldnt fit, cuz the TTs are on the left hand side and interfere with the Steering rack/column
Derek: Haha AF Sig Material
Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:46 PM   #33
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the constructive criticism. As for the location, I set the story in an area that I know. Without knowledge of the area and its roads, I can't describe the races well.
Besides that, I already started writing the full version of the story. I'm up to the final race, now.

Nissan did not offer an RB30DETT, just an RB30ET. Many have swapped the DOHC head from the RB26 onto the RB30 block, creating a powerful hybrid. That is what Shin did with "Zed." There are RB26DETT-powered Datsun Zs, so the turbo placement probably isn't a problem with them, either.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 05:49 PM   #34
WhiteBlur
AF Regular

Can't wait to read the rest.
Old 03-24-2003, 04:21 AM   #35
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

What I posted her was the basic idea of the story. I'm almost finished actually writing the first part. I'm up to the last race now.

Depending on how much time I have, I might be able to finish writing today. Then I can type it up. It will be a huge file, so I won't post it here. I could email it in an MS Word document, though.

I also wanted to set up a cheap website so that I could post the story, along with pictures and examples of what things would actually look like. I might get a digicam soon, and I could take pictures of the roads where the races take place. If I had a guestbook, I could find out what more people thought, too.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:22 PM   #36
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Just an update, for those who care. I'm at 61 pages right now. To celebrate crossing the 60-page mark, I'll post an excerpt for you.

This scene take place just before the final race between Darren(poser with the riced out Prelude) and Scott(racer with the raced out CRX). Enjoy!

At FM 1463 that evening, the crowds appeared once again. The G-Riders, minus Darren, were providing music for the people to dance to. Dante, the team's second-in-command, got the phone call he had been expecting. "Hello?"
"Yo, I'm on the way. Get the intro started."
"Right." Dante hung up. "Hey, Darren's almost here. Start the intro."
When making appearances, Darren liked to have theme music playing upon his arrival, as if he were a professional wrestler. The G-Riders all began playing the song, and awaited their leader's entrance.
Darren made his way down the feeder road after exiting Interstate 10. He had to make his entrance look good. Under his Prelude's dashboard, there were several switches. The first switch turned on his underbody neon lights, casing an eerie blue glow over the pavement around the car. The second switch activated Darren's strobe lights, which were installed in the headlights, taillights, and rear wing. Intended for emergency or show vehicles only, the illegal strobes would help draw more attention to Darren himself. Next, Darren lowered his windows before turning on his 3000-watt stereo system. With an extensive audio/video setup in the cabin and a massive subwoofer enclosure in the trunk, Darren's Prelude provided the ultimate on-road entertainment experience. When Darren turned onto FM 1463, the crowd began cheering. The final switch activated the Prelude's "Dragon Fire" module, which sent a 10-foot flame shooting out of the exhaust. Darren tried to drop the clutch and perform a burnout, but bogged the engine, and had to restart. Nevertheless, the G-Riders and other spectators gave high-fives and pats on the back to the local god. Katie was waiting as well. She pulled Darren into another long kiss, almost too long. Darren found himself gasping for air when she let him go. After regaining his composure, he turned to Dante. "Is everyone here?"
"Everyone but that guy Scott. I bet he'll be late."
He probably doesn't want to race you," Katie purred, arching an eyebrow. "If he doesn't show, can we still celebrate later?"
"We're still on for that, babe. Even if he does show, I'll win anyway." Darren made a show of checking his watch, trying to show his frustration. "I bet he's scared. We'll leave soo-"
"Hey, do you hear that?" Dante interrupted. "That noise from down the road."
A high-pitched wail came from the opposite end of FM 1463. Those who heard it stopped what they were doing, and wondered what kind of manic car could be making that noise. The sound began to die down, 'jumped' twice, and came back even stronger than before. Finally, a pair of headlights appeared from around the first corner. The car was as dark as the night itself, seemingly absorbing any light thrown at it. The car looked as if it were at a strange angle at first, but as it came into view, onlookers realized the car was in a tail-out slide.
No way. It can't be Scott. It just can't. Darren watched as the car continued screaming toward them. Wait, is this dude gonna stop?
The mystery car smoothly veered to the left then began rotating to the right in another slide. People in the crowd began to move away from the road, afraid that the car was out of control. The car performed a perfect 180-degree spin, and came to a stop.
Darren finally recognized the car as Scott's CRX. He just knows some fancy tricks. He isn't a real racer, like me. I'll smoke him, no problem.
The CRX settled into a lumpy idle and the driver's side door opened, revealing Scott to be the pilot. "Hey guys. Sorry I'm a bit late. Are we still on for tonight?"
"It's about time you got here!" Darren made Scott's tardiness a big issue, just to put him down. "We might as well get this over with."
“That's fine. Is your car ready?"
"Of course it is! I got the best mechanic in town. Hey Paul," Darren signaled for the team mechanic to come over. "Check out his car. See if it's worthy."
"Is this your car?" Paul didn't believe a stock-looking car painted in a dull black primer could ever be worthy of racing Darren's Prelude, with its body kit, custom paint and vinyl graphics.
"Well I just drove it here."
"It's not how you drive your car; it's how you stand by your car. You better remember that." Paul rolled his eyes and popped open Scott's hood. "Hey, this hood feels kinda light. Weird. Hey, what's up with this?" Paul turned to Scott. "You got a B16 with carbs? Paul was fooled into thinking that the individual throttle body trumpets were carburetors.
"Um, yeah." Scott shrugged his shoulders. "What can I say? I'm poor." I wouldn't let this guy check my wiper fluid! Doesn't he see the fuel injectors right there? It has a red ‘Type R’ valve cover, meaning I have a Type R’s cylinder head, and if he had checked the block number, he'd know it was a B20, not a B16. Idiot.
"I guess that's okay. Not everyone has money like us." Paul smirked. "Your idle is kinda rough, too. I know you're poor, but you could have at least gotten a tune up before you came here. You're wasting our time." Paul paused for a moment, and looked at the rest of the CRX. "Geez, you've only got 15s on this thing?"
"They're 16s."
"Whatever. Everyone knows you need at least 18s."
"Don't worry, I'm ready." Ever heard of an aggressive cam profile? The lumpy idle comes from the longer duration, genius. One of my wheels and tires combined weighs less than just one of your wheels.
"You say that, but you'll be hurtin' when Darren smokes you with his supercharged H22." Paul pointed to Darren's car, and then to himself. "I personally tuned it. There's no way you can win." Paul walked back to tell Darren what he saw.
"So you say I shouldn't be worried, huh?"
"Yeah, Scott's got himself a little B16, but it isn't even running good. As if he thought a little 1.6 liter could hang with you."
"He won't be a problem, then. But I really wanna beat him good. Lemme show you something." Darren opened his driver's side door, and showed Paul a black bag on the floor, behind the driver's seat. He opened the bag, showing the large metal bottle inside. "I got NAWS!"
"Are you some kind of idiot?" Paul exploded. "You can't run nitrous with the supercharger you already have. Your engine is stock, and it can't handle the pressure from both."
"This isn't not nitrous man, it's NAWS. There’s a difference."
"It's not even called 'NAWS.' The brand name is 'NOS,' short for 'Nitrous Oxide Systems.' You don't even have that brand. You've got this, this" Paul struggled to find a word loathsome enough. "'Nitrous in a bag' joke. You should have talked to me before doing this. I always do the work on your car."
"Well I didn't feel like callin' you. This other guy got me the hookup for cheap. It's a 100-shot."
"I can't believe you did this! You're making almost enough power to break parts already, and you want another hundred horsepower?" Paul shook his fists in frustration. "Alright, I can't do anything about it now. Just disconnect that junk until I can take it out tomorrow. Don't even think about using it."
"I won't."
"I mean it! If you use that nitrous, your 'Lude will be getting towed home. The engine will be gone."

Last edited by VQuick; 04-10-2003 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:09 AM   #37
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

I hit 40 pages with part 2 today! To celebrate, here's an excerpt. Scott has his new car, an S14MC-chassis 240SX with an RB26DETT swap. He and Jenny are on their way to the import drags with Darren and the G-Riders. Darren has a 3000GT VR-4 Spyder now, and thinks he's hot stuff. More comedy ahead.

Enjoy!

“Yeah, maybe we can catch up with Darren.” Scott started the car, and headed back to Interstate 10. As he entered the eastbound freeway, he saw a caravan of chrome and fancy paint ahead, which could only be the G-Riders. Perfect timing. “Jen, call Darren on my cell and hand it to me.”
“Okay.” Jenny dialed the number for Darren’s cell phone and handed the phone to Scott. She had a curious look on her face. “What are you trying to do?”
“Thanks.” Scott pressed the ‘send’ button to begin dialing. “This is the ultimate in smack-talking. Watch.” He set the phone in its dashboard cradle and set it on speaker mode.
Darren saw Scott’s number on the caller ID and answered his phone. “Hey Playa, I know why you called. I’m not slowing down so you can catch up, so forget about asking. I’ll be waiting for you at Baytown.”
“You don’t need to slow down, Darren. I can see you already,” Scott said matter-of-factly.
“What? We left you behind. There’s no way you could have caught up!”
“Well, I’m here. Check your left side.” Scott hung up and focused on driving. This is gonna be good.
Darren handed his phone to Katie, and looked in his left mirror. Nobody’s there. I knew he was just playin’. Suddenly, a grey car changed lanes and came into view. The car flashed its high beams twice, and Darren realized it was Scott. He tried to accelerate and stay ahead, but the mystery car was closing too quickly. It soon roared by, as if Darren hadn’t even tried to speed up. Darren watched the car continue, and before a curve, a flame shot out from the exhaust. Hey, that’s just like the car I saw Wednesday night! That was Scott! He grabbed his cell phone from Katie and frantically dialed Scott’s number.
“Hello?”
“That flyby wasn’t funny, Playa.”
“I wasn’t trying to be funny. You were in my way, so I passed you.” Scott grinned at Jenny, and tried not to laugh.
“Whatever, Scott. And I know that was you on Wednesday night.”
“Wednesday?” There was a short pause on the line. “Ohh, yeah. On 1463, right? That was you?”
“’Course it was me! How many other people have dope VR-4s like mine?”
“Well, I’d never seen your car before. But now that I think about it, you did fall for my fake move again. It all makes sense now.”
“Well…I gotta go. You shouldn’t be talking on the phone and driving, anyway.” Darren hung up.
In the car, Scott and jenny looked at each other, and simultaneously burst into laughter. “I told you it’d be good!”
“That was so mean,” Jenny said, gasping for breath. “But seeing the look on his face as we drove by was priceless! He must have been so embarrassed with Katie there next to him!”
“The part about Wednesday night was the best.”
“Yeah, but was that really you”
“Yep. I wasn’t sure if that was actually Darren or not. I knew he had a 3000GT, and I figured he still couldn’t drive very well. The car I saw was really gaudy though, just like he would have liked. I just figured he wouldn’t have had the time to do add so many things to it so soon.”
“So you actually underestimated him for once? Wow.”
“I should probably slow down and wait for Darren, huh?”
“Yeah, you should.” Jenny tried to keep a straight face, but started laughing again.
“I’ll take that as a ‘No.’”

The G-Riders finally arrived at the hotel in Baytown. Scott and Jenny were standing outside next to his car. They watched as Darren pulled into the parking lot too quickly, and scraped his undercarriage on the ramp.
“Ouch, that’s gotta hurt.” Jenny winced when she heard the scraping sound.
Darren continued, and the front bumper of the 3000GT’s body kit made a terrible cracking noise as it hit a parking bump.
“Ooh, not good.” Scott added. They both watched as Darren stopped and jumped out of his car. He stormed his way over to them, ready to give Scott a piece of his mind.
“That wasn’t funny!”
“I know. You said that already.”
“What were you tryin’ to do?”
“Pass you. You were in the way.”
“You could have told me you got another car.”
“I did last week. It’s a 240SX. I’ve only had it for about a week. I was worried that it wouldn’t b ready in time to go to the race with you guys.”
“Oh yeah? So why do you have that?” Darren pointed to Scott’s keys. The key to the car had Nissan’s ‘GT-R’ logo on it. “You don’t have a “GT-R.”
“No reason. I just like ‘em a lot. That’s all.”
“Well I know you aren’t stock. What do you have? Engine swap? Turbo?”
“Yeah.”
“You must have an SR20 swap. They’re pretty tight. I thought about putting one in my Honda before. I heard the stock engine on your 240 is from a truck, so it’s not any good.”
“Actually, the stock KA24 is pretty good with a turbo. Jenny has one in her old 240SX hatch. The KA is bigger, so it can make more torque than the SR. I don’t have either of those, though.”
“Paul, the team mechanic, walked over. He took pride in his work, especially in tuning Darren’s cars. He still had a grudge against Scott, ever since he and his little CRX beat Darren’s Prelude. Paul had tried to redeem himself by tuning Darren’s new 3000GT for even more power. “Pop the hood. Let’s see what you got.”
“Pop the hood? I don’t think you want me to.”
“Yeah, there’s a reason he has a GT-R key,” Jenny warned.
“”Pop the hood!” Darren and Paul shouted.
Scott sighed. “Alright.” He began to lift the hood. They’re gonna flip.
“It’s an SR! I thought you said you didn’t have one!”
“Darren, it’s not an SR. The engine is too big. This is an…RB...26,” Paul read the number off of the engine. “RB…that’s the engine from a-“
“Skyline GT-R.” Jenny finished Paul’s sentence. “You’re pretty smart to figure that out.”
“Well it's my job to know things like that. How much power do you have, Scott?”
Scott paused for a moment. “Uh, 350 horses.”
Jenny closed her eyes, trying not to laugh. He’s making more than double that! Worst of all, they believe him!
“That’s all? Darren had regained his usual overconfidence. “I’ve got 400 ponies, so I can take you easy.”
“Darren, let me take him in my Supra.”
“Whatever, Paul. Your Poopra isn’t even the turbo model. You have to race turbo against turbo. He's got two, and I got two, so it's fair.”
“Well my CRX didn’t have anything, and I still raced your supercharged Prelude, Darren.”
“That’s different. I had more power than you.”
“The difference was 50 horses. It’s the same now. Back then, though, the difference went up to 150 horses with your Nawwwws.”
The conversation was just too much for Jenny to take. She burst out laughing, and excused herself to get a drink.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:53 AM   #38
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
cliffnotes ?
Old 04-11-2003, 10:08 AM   #39
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Very funny. This is about as much as I can simplify it.

The first excerpt highlights the contrast between Darren's 'all show, some go' and Scott's 'all go' tuning ideals. If you notice the instance where Darren can't even do a proper burnout, it also shows how little he knows about driving. His 'entrance' also shows how vain he is. Darren also tried to add nitrous to his already supercharged(and lean-running) Prelude. Of course, as a knock on TF&TF, I have Darren call it "Naws," when it isn't even the right brand.

The team mechanic, Paul, isn't much better. He looks at Scott's engine, and dismisses it as a 1.6L with carbs when it is a 2L hybrid with individual throttle bodies. Paul also thought that the bigger the wheels, the better, which isn't always true.

Here's the background for the second excerpt: Scott has a new car: An S14 240SX with an RB26DETT swap. The engine makes nearly 800hp at maximum boost, but Scott normally drives around with about 350hp.

Darren has a new car as well, a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Spyder, with about 400hp. Darren is out testing the car one night, and feels confident that he'll be able to beat Scott now. A pair of headlights appear in his rearview, and the car ends up passing him effortlessly. Darren can't catch up. He sees a flame come from the exhuast pipe, and wonders who could be driving the car.

Two days later, Scott and his girlfriend Jenny go to the import drags with Darren's team. The team leaves early however, and Scott has to catch up. Scott gets within sight of Darren and calls him. Darren sees him in the mirror, and tries to keep him from passing, but gets passed easily. Darren watches Scott go by, and sees a flame come from his tailpipe. He realizes that Scott was the driver from two nights ago, and is mad.

Soctt and Jenny get to the hotel long before the team. Darren arrives, and is mad about Scott passing him. He asks what Scott is running, but Scott won't answer. Paul gets into it too, and tells him to show them the engine. Scott shows the the RB, but only tells them he has 350hp. Darren thinks that he can beat Scott anyway, just because he has 50hp more.

Right now, I've just introduced Frank, an out-of-towner with an F150 Lightning. Darren wants to race him, so they're heading out to the race spot.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:26 AM   #40
Toksin
Non-profit Organisation

Send a message via AIM to Toksin
Keep it coming man, I love it!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:43 AM   #41
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Thanks a lot!

I just finished the race with Frank(short for Francisco), the driver of a white SVT Lightning. The Lightning has approx. 450 crank hp from a smaller pulley for more boost, exhaust, ECU upgrade, and a 50-shot froma small 'slim-jim' nitrous tank under Frank's seat. He killed Darren on the road, passing him on a straight, before the curvy section even started.

Scott offered to race him, and Frank accepted, hoping that he could at least see more of the road. Frank surprised Scott by creeping up on his side at a point with a bridge, since the road was wider. Scott almost lost, but accelerated in time to keep Frank from passing.

Frank led the way back, and Scott tries to use a fake move at the bridge, but doesn't have enough room to pass on the right. While Scott is alongside Frank trying to pass on the left, a car pulls out in front of Frank. Scott brakes and lets Frank accelerate to get by. Scott pulls up again, and both drivers punch it on a long straight. Frank runs into an aerodynamic wall, and his acceleration rate begins to slow. He just didn't have as much power as Scott did, and can't accelerate any harder. Scott finally downshifts and passes Frank, claiming victory.

After that, it's Scott and Jenny's six-month anniversary!! Scott comes to Jenny's place to take her out to dinner. He stops by the shop first, and invites her in. Scott bought her an S15 "Strawberry Face" conversion, and a Blacktop S15 SR20DET, with the 6-sp tranny still attached.[big side note: Jenny has an RPS13 240SX hatch, so she can use these parts] Jenny can't talk; she's pointing at the pallet, and looking back and forth at the pallet and Scott. Jenny tries to hug Scott, but he walks to a shelf and pulls off...an HKS GT3037S turbo, the holy grail of 2L engines. Jenny starts crying and hugs Scott. She tells him to marry her(she already did after she saw the RB-powered S14) again.

Jenny: You already know how to keep me happy.
Scott: Really? How's that?
Jenny: With cool cars, parts, lotsa love, and more parts.

Ah, Jenny's the perfect girl.lol :right:
Old 06-29-2003, 09:10 PM   #42
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I gave you an update. The first part, Rev Limit: Rising Star, is pretty much finished. The second part, Rev Limit: Motown Muscle, is about half finished.

I made some changes to the first part, including a fourth race with a Levin-converted, 3SGTE-powered AE86 coupe.

Does anyone want to read it? Leave your email here or send it to me via PM, and I'll send it to you.

Here's a list of cars and characters for the first part.
Scott- D16Z6 and B20/VTEC-powered Honda CRX
Jenny- Custom turbo RS13 240SX
Shin- SR20DET-powered Datsun 510
Amber- E30 M3
Rey- 1.8t-powered Mk1 GTI
Kenneth- GC-chassis Impreza 2.5RS with bolt ons
Bryan- 3SGTE-powered AE86 "Levin" coupe
Darren- Supercharged Honda Prelude with 100-shot

Here's a list of cars and characters for the second part.
Scott- B20/VTEC-powered Honda CRX and RB26DETT-powered MCS14 240SX
Jenny- Custom turbo RS13 240SX
Kenneth- '04 Impreza STi with bolt ons
Amber- BMW M Coupe with bolt ons
Shin- RB30DET hybrid-powered 240Z
Darren- Supercharged(Centrifugal blower) IS300
Dante- Supercharged(Roots blower) Infiniti Q45
Paul- Non turbo MK IV Supra
Leo- Corvette ZR-1 with bolt ons
Kelly- Buick GNX with bolt ons
Chad- Camaro SS with bolt ons and '03 Cobra with 50-shot
Kris- LT1-powered S14 240SX
Frank- 2nd gen Lightning with bolt ons
Gary- Viper RT/10 with bolt ons
Old 06-30-2003, 09:32 AM   #43
Dorikin
AF Fanatic

Not bad, Im impressed.

As long as the tech stuff is spot on, It will be awesome!
Derek: Haha AF Sig Material
Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:40 PM   #44
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Trust me, the technical aspects are pretty much spot on. I could probably come up with a part-by-part list of the components used in the major cars like the CRX.

I needed some help with the second part, since I don't know much about domestics like the GNX. I did research beforehand and made sure I knew what I was talking about before writing.

I'm a big fan of performance driving, so I made sure the elements of that area were pretty accurate too.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:46 PM   #45
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
is this actually becoming a comic? If so Cool! ps

www.tokyopop.com
are looking for new manga talent if you want to showcase your work you might want to try them they might be interested in an American kinda version of Initial D (if you can say thats what it is if it isn't no ignorance intended and sorry)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Initial D