Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 10:38 PM   #1
CanadianGTR
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to CanadianGTR
Newbie Intro.

Hey guys,

I'm new as you can tell... I own a 1990 240SX f/back ... I have been in the repair stage for so long I have lost all hopes of modifying since it is hard enough just to keep my new love on the road.

However, in summer of 2004, (august to be exact), I will be acquiring a new project.. a fairly unique one (if you live in Canada, more specifically Toronto) ... I will be importing a 1989 bnR32 Skyline GTR the moment they become legal in Canada (to those who are not familiar, Canada has a rule saying that if a car doesnt meet safety standards from the factory, it has to be 15 years of age or older - to the month - to be eligible for importing into Canada) ... hense the username.

I look forward to being a part of this board and contributing as best I can.

I am a member of some other forums such as NICO, TSR, and GTAsr (some clubs/forums in the GTA)

I usually have the username NiTeRiDeR, but it seems to be taken

again I am glad to be a part of the board and I hope to get to know all of you (maybe not ALL) a bit better.

Take care,

Justin
CanadianGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
Welcome to AF, cool shit about that GT-R. Sorry to hear that your 240 has been problematic, but it will be worth it once it's running smoothly. It always is. Keep on keepin on, and let us know how your 240 is coming and the status of that GT-R.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:45 AM   #3
CanadianGTR
AF Regular

will do.

240 just has small problems... thing is that there seems to be endless amounts of small problems...

thanks for the warm greeting
Old 10-28-2003, 08:47 AM   #4
clutch240
AF Regular

Welcome to AF. I am really impressed with your determination through all the problems to keep your 240sx. Most people start to have multipule problems and the look for a new car.

Also very excited to hear about the GT-R that would be awsome to own a skyline over here.

Again nice to meet you

Matt
clutch240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:12 PM   #5
Dorikin
AF Fanatic

You are in luck. 4 other people are from toronto on this forum alone

Myself
S13_iketani
RalphCare
Takeshi_Nakazato

We're part of a crew called Garage Dori Friends. 2 other members, who dont belong to the board, also have 240s, one is KA powered, the other is SR powered.

If you need anything, PM me.
Derek: Haha AF Sig Material
Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:33 PM   #6
Suislide
AF Fanatic

Re: Newbie Intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorikin

Myself
S13_iketani
RalphCare
Takeshi_Nakazato

We're part of a crew called Garage Dori Friends. 2 other members, who dont belong to the board, also have 240s, one is KA powered, the other is SR powered.

actually, Derek, Kenny did have an account on here, Edge240, but he hasn't posted in MONTHS. i'll tell him to get his ass back here.

as i said in the other thread, welcome fellow canuck! do you happen to be a member on SON240SX forums? because i know there's a guy on there who's also planning on importing a BNR32 next year, i was just wondering if it's the same guy or not.

what part of T-dot are you from? i'm actually not in the city, but about 30 minutes north. no-one knows where my little town is though, so i use Toronto as a landmark.

i also plan to take advantage of the 15-year-rule sometime in the near future. i am planning to import a late-'80s Nissan Cefiro A31, which is a 4-door RWD RB20DET powered sedan, and a popular choice amongst drifters (just in case you didn't know what it was). not sure when that'll happen, but it will sometime. my friend Roby, Takeshi_Nakazato on here(he isn't on much at all), is also planning to try to import a BNR32 sometime before 2005 if his funds will allow it.

anyways, good luck with your 240SX, good luck with the BNR32, and welcome to our humble little corner of AF. PM me if you want to chat about T.O. events and such.

PS were you at the Signal Auto drift event in September?
Old 10-28-2003, 10:15 PM   #7
CanadianGTR
AF Regular

Hey,
I too live just outside of the city (30 mins east, 15 if you drive like myself) in a town called Whitby. Nobody knows it so I just say Toronto. It's still the GTA I suppose so its alright.

I have an account on SON240SX but I never post on there...

I was at the signal drift event and I thought it was disappointing to see the representation of "canada's finest" drifters... I was SUPPOSED to enter, but alas, my insurance had its way with me (again) and I ended up in debt. Sooo I couldn't enter.

I have been into drifting long before the signal drift event... and long before I ever had the unsatisfying experience of playing Initial D... so many people hate on drifting... so I usually just keep to myself... most people I know are all about who is fastest in a straight line, but myself, I'm more about impression... I'm a bit of a showoff, so drifting suits me nicely... I am not overzelous (spelling) though, and never do a manouver that I havent already practiced on a deserted road infront of a croud... if I hurt myself drifting, thats one thing, if I hurt someone else, thats another.

Anway, enough of my post.

Feel free to e-mail me (justindaniels1@rogers.com) and/or add me on msn (justindaniels69@hotmail.com)

Take care, and thanks once more for the warm welcome.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #8
Dorikin
AF Fanatic

We take care of our canuck brothers.

The guy with the red hatch who made it into the top five, thats Mike, hes good except he has manual steering, so its tough for him to counter-steer.

The guy with the grey hachi roku was also in our crew, thats Roby, aka Takeshi_nakazato. Roby coulndt drift(you try with 70hp) but he was tied for 1st place at the end of the 1st round. He scored full marks for everything except drifting lol

I live right downtown, so Iactually live in T.O lol

Derek
Derek: Haha AF Sig Material
Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 05:22 PM   #9
TheLogikal1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to TheLogikal1
Re: Newbie Intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorikin

Myself
S13_iketani
RalphCare
Takeshi_Nakazato

dont take offence, but how come garage dori friends only has 1 member with a car?

btw, is there someone on 240sxforums by the name of "driftrps13" in your team? cause he claimed that name a while ago

1994 lexus sc300 (dead)
tein cs
kenwood flip out 7'' screen

1995 Nissan 240sx 5 speed (dead)
GP Sports Spec-D exhaust
Custom Carbon Fiber Intake
17'' ricer wheels in Kumhos

hahaha stole this pose off of koguchi...my shirt makes me look fat...ahaha
TheLogikal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:10 PM   #10
Suislide
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Newbie Intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogikal1
dont take offence, but how come garage dori friends only has 1 member with a car?

btw, is there someone on 240sxforums by the name of "driftrps13" in your team? cause he claimed that name a while ago
driftRPS13 would be me. that's my user-name on pretty much every other web-board, as well as my e-mail address (driftRPS13@hotmail.com). i wanted a change for this forum, so that's where S13_Iketani came from.

and no, there are actually 3 members out of 5 in GDF with cars. i HAD one, until i wrecked it, then had another one, until i sold it, and i'm, as most of you know, currently looking for my next "whip".

Justin - you sound like a great addition to this board. the last thing we need is more bandwagon jumpers. most of the "regulars" around here, including myself, have known about drifting and 240's for a loooong time now. it's been about 6 years for me personally, and i agree with everything you said about practising in a deserted place before doing it in front of a crowd. one thing i can't stand is people who try to drift in public places and crash. most of the time, all they do it total their car, but there's the potential of killing someone, seriousley damaging someone's property, or killing themselves. those people are lacking a few thousand brain cells IMO.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:16 PM   #11
crisis
AF Newbie

wow, can't believe there are so many 240 fans in the GTA!!
this is my first post but have been looking around these forums for a few months. I don't have my car yet, I'm just waiting til I'm 25 so my insurance rates will go down, so I've got a few months to go.

Not to sound like i'm jumping on the 240 or drifting bandwagon, but since last summer (2002) i've been looking into buying a car, looked over most of the imports, but after i was offered to buy a 240 from a friend of a friend (when i couldn't afford it and the insurance) and have now settled on buying one. Not because i want to try to drift, but cause I don't want a riced up civic, and i want a car that not a lot of people have seen or see around.

anyways i like reading the posts here and hope to learn a lot from you guys

oh yeah, i'm in the GTA aswell, Thornhill to be exact
crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:22 AM   #12
CanadianGTR
AF Regular

we should have an AF meeting in Toronto... would be cool to meet everyone.

on a side note... you know your into your car when you school phones... asks where you are... and you tell them your working on your car all day so you cant come to school

they didnt like that excuse one bit...
Old 11-01-2003, 09:54 AM   #13
klohiq
AF Enthusiast

Looks like next year I'm moving the canada...Do I need anything to move there? Like most places you need to have a visa or be a naturalized citizen.

I'm going to check that shit out...And save some money. There are Walmarts in Canada right? I could just transfer my job...WOOT.

CANADA2WIN
Old 11-01-2003, 11:00 AM   #14
CanadianGTR
AF Regular

nice
if you need a tour guide lemme know
ill show you some drift/race/meet spots in the GTA

and yes there are millions of walmarts in canada
Old 11-01-2003, 01:01 PM   #15
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to grncivicdhr
i heard theres good titty bars up in canada.
grncivicdhr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX