Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
stoner1
AF Newbie

2000 ls 2

Hi there jsut curious card has a small drip underneath a leak in the driver side right abount under the door right about there. I put cardboard there and appears to be transmission fluid. Any idea where this could be leaking from. Also where does one add transmission fluid in car.Pic would help thanks.
stoner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
stoner1
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 ls 2

Okay took it to a shop and they say that it was the heator core leaking that I needed new one. Wow they cannot find a aftermarket one just from Saturn pice from Saturn is 414.24 my question is anyone know where I can find aftermarket one or how to replace heator core is it hard what steps are involved.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
saturntech
AF Regular

Thought that it was leaking under the car?? if it was the heater core it would be leaking inside the car. Was it 400 for the whole job, or just the part???
saturntech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
stoner1
AF Newbie

Yes it is leaking under the car looks like small puddle under car right around heater core area underneath car. Yes Saturn sell it for 414.25 can't find a aftermarket one this is in Canada. Would it be cheaper to buy in U.S what is average price for labour per hour there.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
stoner1
AF Newbie

Okay took close look at two hoses that attatch to the heatercore from the firewall of car and the one hose on left side closest to passenger side is leaking abit. How does one go about and fix this if I change the o ring on hose will it stop lek. How does one go about and open connection from hose to replace o ring how is this done any pics would be appreciated.Would replacing o ring on the hose stop radiator fluid from leaking out? What would chances of this being problem without replacing whole heator core.

Last edited by stoner1; 03-22-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: forgot to ad stuff
Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
stoner1
AF Newbie

Can any help me out with this.
Okay took close look at two hoses that attatch to the heatercore from the firewall of car and the one hose on left side closest to passenger side is leaking abit. How does one go about and fix this if I change the o ring on hose will it stop lek. How does one go about and open connection from hose to replace o ring how is this done any pics would be appreciated.Would replacing o ring on the hose stop radiator fluid from leaking out? What would chances of this being problem without replacing whole heator core.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Oppizoff
AF Newbie

Mine was leaking into the cabin, and as said above was an expensive fix...as I have had enough of this car, I used Bard's stop leak, and its been over a year since the core has leaked.
Oppizoff is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW