Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Videos Got a crazy video to share?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #16
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: C6 with some mods

hmmm....droping the clutch to make it chirp.... i guarontee you i could run the same time or faster in that same car without squaling 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.... it can be avoided and the same times can be ran and you dont put extra ware on your tires, clutch, drivline.... im not saying feahter the clutch out when going into 4th....im saying you dont have to drop it like a hot potato and keep the thottle on as much as that guy was to run the same times...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #17
SuperHighOutput
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-THGENH24LUDE
I am just tired of hearing bout all these damn american muscle cars being sooo fast.
The Corvette is not a muscle car, it's a sports car. It will handle anything sold in the states from Japan, on the street, strip, and race course. The reason you are hearing about them being sooo fast is because they are.
SuperHighOutput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #18
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-THGENH24LUDE
wow I guess it's good for a vette. and I like the part at the end where it says "Yes ir chirped every gear" wow who cares build any car that has a ish load of torque and you can do it to. sorry I had a momment I am just tired of hearing bout all these damn american muscle cars being sooo fast.Put them past tuned supercars and I will say there fast.
not a problem, take the corvette, lingenfelter setup and have it run 9's. and outperform 850hp porche's and mosler's all night.

hate the vette all you want, hell i hate the evo-8. but that still doesnt stop me from recognizing that the evo-8 is a outstanding car. even though i hate it

just like kobe bryant, i hate him with a passion, but he's so damn good
Old 03-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #19
7M > V8
AF Enthusiast

The C6 is the sh!t. Down talking it only proves how bad you wish you weren't a broke ass bitch. Every design aspect of the C6 is competitive genius.

Show me a car that has the curb weight to handle turns at speed like a C6, around the same price range. I would go as far as to compare the C6 to a skyline of equal value on a road coarse, and would see a damn good race.

Its not a super car but I garuntee $100,000 dumped into it and you would rival an F50.

PS: Give the tire chirp a rest, the owner is probably just happy to have bought a car of uncommon quality and doesn't submit thought to whether or not it should grab each gear. The car was perfectly driven, say you can do better? Show us a vid.

Does your car grab 4th? Oh my bad i geuss it doesn't because you don't want it to, faster times that way huh? Even if your car could im sure you would jump right on it, with hopes of eliminating the "problem". wtfever

Last edited by 7M > V8; 03-03-2005 at 10:28 AM.
7M > V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #20
lickem
AF Enthusiast

ON the corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Trend Magazine

A super car must have a racing pedigree

Privatteers have raced vettes for over 50 years, but the factory joined the fun only in 1999. The C5-R won an overall victory in the Daytona 24-hour race, three 1-2 finishes at the 24 hours of LeMans in the GTS class, three straight class wins at the 12 hours of Sebring, and four consecutive manufacturers championships un the american LeMans series. The team ran undefeated in 2004.
The Corvette cant compete with Euro supercars?
Modifications-hubcap removal, QTP sticker,(weight removal-back seat, passenger seat, spare tire, a/c unit, power windows, windshield wipers, rearview mirror, center console, shifter knob,radio, gas cap)
lickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #21
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7M > V8
Show me a car that has the curb weight to handle turns at speed like a C6, around the same price range. I would go as far as to compare the C6 to a skyline of equal value on a road coarse, and would see a damn good race.
Lotus Elise $50-$60,000 same price range will out handle just about anything on a road course. Check out the video of the Elise vs. the GT3 and the F40. Just remeber you said "equal value on a road course".
Old 03-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #22
SuperHighOutput
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCUJer
Lotus Elise $50-$60,000 same price range will out handle just about anything on a road course. Check out the video of the Elise vs. the GT3 and the F40. Just remeber you said "equal value on a road course".
While the Elise is an awesome machine, it won't beat a C6 around a road course. Here is a link to a comparo done by R&T. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1
SuperHighOutput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #23
CBFryman
Banned

Elise has better handleing than the c6....the c6 handles great but the elise is one of the top handleing cars in the world. the only way a vett would beat an elise on a road course is if the course was largely straights but when there was a corner it was very tight and you ahve to accelerate hard out of the corner.
the vett has better acceleration abd a higher top speed but the elise has better handling....

The vett is still nothing to mess with (and for the price if i wanted comfort/daily driver i would go with the vett, for the track i would go with the elise and add some type of FI)
as far as dumping 100,000 into a vett to make it rival an F50.... it will never happen. in the 1/4 mile yes but the ammount of engineering that went into the F50 it would take rebuilding the vett from the ground up. and even still i would rather have the F50 because i may stand a change in an F50 going 180MPH+....plan on dieing in a vett. remember that the F50 has a carbonfiber capsule that surrounds the driver/passenger in the eenof a crash...just like F1 cars...the F50 is a formula one car with streetable tires and legal emmisions....
Old 03-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #24
7M > V8
AF Enthusiast

i've seen a video where an elise chases a C5 around a track for 45 mins and never has a chance in hell of getting around him
Old 03-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #25
CBFryman
Banned

driver plays a large part in road racing. Elise will usualy pull faster track times on the more curvey tracks than C5's and C6's with the same driver. but im not bashing the vett...if you look in a previous post of mine on this thread i made an anology of the vett to the elise. like i said...if i was looking for a daily driver that could hit the track on weekends the vett would be a good choice. if i just wanted a track car and cruise when i feel like driving fast in my little 150hp go kart. the elise would be my choice.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #26
7M > V8
AF Enthusiast

I know that was a bold statement about the F50 since it is the closest thing to an indy car you will ever see on the streets in the US, unless you see a mclaren f1.

180 isnt too much for a c6. if your worried about death, get an 8 point cage.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:58 PM   #27
CBFryman
Banned

190hp, sorry
Old 03-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #28
CBFryman
Banned

hmmmm, well 180 in a vett isnt as bad as 150 in a civic...lol.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #29
4-THGENH24LUDE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to 4-THGENH24LUDE
Re: Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngvr4
hate the vette all you want, hell i hate the evo-8. but that still doesnt stop me from recognizing that the evo-8 is a outstanding car. even though i hate it
The corvette is a amazing machine but I still hate it I recognize it's one of the most feared cars, but I still gonna stick to MY OPINION because I am aloud to and say THA ALL CORVETTES ARE SHIT!
4-THGENH24LUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #30
OCUJer
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: C6 with some mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHighOutput
While the Elise is an awesome machine, it won't beat a C6 around a road course. Here is a link to a comparo done by R&T. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1
Ok I checked out your link and let me just say this; "Road & Track Magazine" car testers are a bunch of crack smoking monkeys. The are obviously pandering to the American reader who wants to see the C6 on top. Further note, how in the blazes did the Viper rank below the S2000!!! What kind of crack are they paying these guys with. Also the track, "the West Loop" has a 1/2 mile long straight stretch, this obviously favors cars with greater HP.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....page_number=13

"The latest and greatest version of the Corvette is a bona fide world-beater, and America’s sports car is now back in its rightful place atop the sports-car mountain." quote from the web-article.
Atop the sports-car mountain!!! OMG, do they realize that the cars they tested do not begin to scratch the surface of the "sports car mountain"!!

Cars Tested:
9th: Merc SLK 350
8th: Nissan 350Z
7th: BMW Z4 *he he*
6th: Viper SRT-10
5th: S-2000 *ROFLOL*
4th: Elise *ahem, underrated!*
3rd: Carrera S coupe
2nd: Boxer
1st.......wait for it
C6 vette

I would think that there are more than a few cars missing from this testing line-up for the and I quote "Best All-Around Sports Car" compitition.

Now that I read your link you have to watch my video. Here's what an Elise really can do...
http://www.gti18t.com/files/leluc.mpeg
BTW turn 3 on this video has serious pucker factor.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos