Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 07:03 PM   #1
Chriznat20@msn.com
AF Regular

00 LS SES & WRENCH LIGHT ON

I guess I spoke too soon on my other post The L series now has the service engine light soon on, which I read with my DRBII readout and its the O2 sensor. Now the "wrench" light comes on intermittently, and when it does the Trans shifts REAL hard. Then the low anti-freeze light came on and my traction control wont work!!!!! What the $&@(*!())!)#$*$*)(@Q#()*)(*@#(*&!(&@*&!^@*@&*$^(*& @($^&*@^$(*

Ok, happy thoughts chris. The car is at the Saturn Dealership. However, the wrinkly bag of *$@! (some old guy at the service dept) wouldnt listen to me and I feel that he didnt fill out the papers as descriptive as needed. I told him that when the wrench light went on, the trans basically stopped shifting nice. It bangs so hard into gear I for sure thought I would lose the trans on the way there. So on the service papers, he didnt note a single thing about banging into gear. Greeaaatt.. Now I know why I paid $1700 for a Saturn Extended Warranty.
Get this - he noted that the brake light was out. $30 just to check if the light bulb is burnt out!!! I told him to forget about that, he was trying to make $$ off me and it was obvious. If I have to go through this every time I need service, its getting traded in... whatever happened to saturn having this excellent service reputation? Anyways does anybody have any idea why the wrench light coming on would have anything to do with it shifting like a banshee?
Chriznat20@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:24 PM   #2
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

Re: 00 LS SES & WRENCH LIGHT ON

the wrench light comes on for basicly any problem thats no emissions related(that what the SES light is for) a problem with the transmission or traction control would fall in this catagory.

if you are not happy with the service, talk to the service managier or the customer satisfaction hotline.
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:45 AM   #3
Chriznat20@msn.com
AF Regular

Im going to wait until about 2pm today and then I am going to call and see whats up.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:08 AM   #4
Chriznat20@msn.com
AF Regular

I jumped the gun and called the dealer early. The water pump(!) is shot and so it the Mass Airflow Sensor. Also, my rear brake light assemblies are bad and everything is getting replaced under (extended) warranty. All I have to pay is $100 deductable.. woo hoo! sure beats $1200!
Old 11-13-2004, 01:31 AM   #5
sierrap615
Master Tech Wanna-be

hence the reason i am in favor of extended warrantys
sierrap615 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saturn > LS/LW