Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 07:02 AM   #1
Kycowboy
AF Newbie

2016 Chevrolet trax

I have a 2016 Chevrolet trax that has a p0171 code I have changed both 02 sensors, mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors, checked for vacuum leaks and it still has the code
Kycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
autojoe
AF Regular

Re: 2016 Chevrolet trax

4 cylinder? How about low fuel pressure? How did you check for vacuum leaks? Do you have a scan tool capable of reading fuel trims stft and ltft?
autojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 11:12 AM   #3
silicon212
Confoundingly Lucid

Send a message via ICQ to silicon212

Check for unmetered air ... check PCV hoses, check your intake tube, check it all. Everything from the MAF to the cylinder head. The P0171 happens because the PCM has detected a lean condition and has trimmed out. This is almost always due to unmetered air (air which enters the system behind the MAF). Vacuum leaks are a big source, but it can happen before the throttle body too.

Remember - a government that is strong enough to give you everything you need, is also strong enough to take everything you have.
silicon212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:16 PM   #4
SummerFrog
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycowboy View Post
I have a 2016 Chevrolet trax that has a p0171 code I have changed both 02 sensors, mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors, checked for vacuum leaks and it still has the code
Let me put it this way... The fact that you're concerned about the lifespan of a vehicle that's only four years old should tell you a lot. It's hardly had time to even "age".

It's still essentially a new vehicle. However, if there is already concern about its future, leave it alone. When I worked at a Chevy dealer a few years ago, the Trax and Terrain accounted for 95% of all problem vehicles. Constantly bringing in problems. They also ride really poorly. The Terrains were stiff and uncomfortable to drive for me. I'd imagine the Trax is similar, but I don't recall ever driving one.
SummerFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion