Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Pat_NC
AF Newbie

94 Nissan Quest GXE

Hi...Thanks you for important tips and sharing info on forum
I have a Nissan Quest GXE 1994 Engine 3.0L V6 Turbo...Miles 202000. Battery is just 2 yrs old , shows 12.40 volts..

I came home yesterday (outside temp was 65 )...I put van in Park and Suddenly all the lights gone.
When i open the door , door lights didnt turn ON...Usually the seat belt comes off by itself once i open door. It didnt
So i tried to start Van..No sound No clicking nothing......Wht might be wrong..??

All i know was brake fluid had gone below min level and brake light was ON... I drove like that for 6 miles...during that once ABS sign also lit up; just for 2 seconds. Then its gone. To be specific I happen to drive almost 4 miles after that ABS light disappeared...Thank god the van reached home But Now its not starting at ll..Wht could be the proble....?? pls help .Appreciate your tips... Pat
Pat_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Re: 94 Nissan Quest GXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_NC View Post
Hi...Thanks you for important tips and sharing info on forum
I have a Nissan Quest GXE 1994 Engine 3.0L V6 Turbo...Miles 202000. Battery is just 2 yrs old , shows 12.40 volts..

I came home yesterday (outside temp was 65 )...I put van in Park and Suddenly all the lights gone.
When i open the door , door lights didnt turn ON...Usually the seat belt comes off by itself once i open door. It didnt
So i tried to start Van..No sound No clicking nothing......Wht might be wrong..??

All i know was brake fluid had gone below min level and brake light was ON... I drove like that for 6 miles...during that once ABS sign also lit up; just for 2 seconds. Then its gone. To be specific I happen to drive almost 4 miles after that ABS light disappeared...Thank god the van reached home But Now its not starting at ll..Wht could be the proble....?? pls help .Appreciate your tips... Pat

Have you checked the terminals and cables?? Check the double connector on the positive post for corrosion. The cables could be bad.

Remove the air cleaner top part and hose to the throttle body and chek for 12 volts at the starter.
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempfixit For This Useful Post:
Pat_NC (12-27-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
JoeNoble
AF Newbie

If they're still the originals it may not be a bad idea to go ahead and replace the cables.... Did the quest GXE come turbo charged?
JoeNoble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeNoble For This Useful Post:
Pat_NC (12-27-2011)
Old 12-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Pat_NC
AF Newbie

TempFixIt, JoeNoble..Thanks a bunch ...I did check the cables..cleaned teh contacts and ground connections...Starter was changed 2 years back. The battery was showing 12.45 volts ..Guess what it didnt have enought juice
I tried jump with other car (running)...Nothing happened btu i could hear click on Quest though...

Then I just removed Quest battery took it to AdvancedParts (local auto part store)..they chekd and the machine said it needs recharge (battery was labled 585 CCA and test showing 496 CCA => recharge)...
So the guy put it for recharge, told me to come after 35 minutes. I went back after 1 hour..And he found out that charging machine aborted this charging process...He again tested and now the testing machine said "Bad battery " ...bad cells... can not charge. I took it to other Auto part store (Autozone)..they said its bad battery....Finally I bought New battery and wolllaaa......My baby is running now ....

Wht I learnt ..Just don't go by bettery voltage (I tested using my multimeter)...Just take it to parts store they test for FREE anyways....I would have enjoyed long weekend but I learnt something new so no problem lol . Atleast I can help someone with it...

Guys thanks a lot for your help and time...I sure learnt many things going thru forum. I can sure tell wht part is where in my Van. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year ..Cant appreciate enough the forum support...Great job ...
Sincerely, Pat
Pat_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_NC View Post
TempFixIt, JoeNoble..Thanks a bunch ...I did check the cables..cleaned teh contacts and ground connections...Starter was changed 2 years back. The battery was showing 12.45 volts ..Guess what it didnt have enought juice
I tried jump with other car (running)...Nothing happened btu i could hear click on Quest though...

Then I just removed Quest battery took it to AdvancedParts (local auto part store)..they chekd and the machine said it needs recharge (battery was labled 585 CCA and test showing 496 CCA => recharge)...
So the guy put it for recharge, told me to come after 35 minutes. I went back after 1 hour..And he found out that charging machine aborted this charging process...He again tested and now the testing machine said "Bad battery " ...bad cells... can not charge. I took it to other Auto part store (Autozone)..they said its bad battery....Finally I bought New battery and wolllaaa......My baby is running now ....

Wht I learnt ..Just don't go by bettery voltage (I tested using my multimeter)...Just take it to parts store they test for FREE anyways....I would have enjoyed long weekend but I learnt something new so no problem lol . Atleast I can help someone with it...

Guys thanks a lot for your help and time...I sure learnt many things going thru forum. I can sure tell wht part is where in my Van. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year ..Cant appreciate enough the forum support...Great job ...
Sincerely, Pat
Glad you got it fixed and thanks for posting the fix.
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote