Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
better
AF Newbie

I just need info. about audio.

I just need info. about audio.

I need to know what is good for bass,
how does ohms, watts, hertz, and dB affect it??

I want a lot of good bass for my car. (1992 Honda Civic Si)

I know the more ohms, the more resistance, which means less power, but what do the other audios do??

Is the higher Watts, Hertz, and dB good?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: I just need info. about audio.

the newbie thread is a good place to start

go here next http://www.bcae1.com/ ............. read it all the way thru. If you don't understand something, read it again - that site has a lot of fundamentals, if you have a good grasp of that stuff it will make the rest of it so much easier.

Honda civics (hatchbacks) are generally good cars for bass systems.

Watts is a measure of power, how much an amp can deliver or a speaker can absob. Generally the more the better. dB or decibel is measure of audio intensity or loudness. Hz is the frequency, so low Hz are bass notes, medium Hz are like voices, guitars, pianos etc and High Hz are like cymbals and stuff like that. They are not good or bad, you need to be able to reproduce all of them to have a good sounding system.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
Galuple
AF Regular

Re: I just need info. about audio.

another thing about civics are that they are relatively easy to pull apart and install systems in. depending on your price range there are tons of things you can do to get some good bass in your car. alot of people here recomend alpine type r's as a good subwoofer, they arent super expensive or super high-end, but give out a good pound, just please dont get a prefab box from bestbuy or something. if you do that, most subs are going to get loud but sound just god awful.

also i'm sure alot of people here would agree, but you should definately consider some dynamat for the trunk and doors and wherever possible, especially in a 92 civic. They have practically no factory dampening whatsoever.
Galuple is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio