Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
inforcer958
AF Newbie

Chevy 350 Indentification

Ok, heres the story... i have a 1985 El Camino. A few years back. the original 305 took a turn for the worse and I needed to swap in a new motor. Well i ended u finding a local place that was selling reman blocks for cheap bc there were a diesel company that bought out an unleaded engine reman company. I was alot younger at the time and so all i knew what that i bought a 350 that would bolt up to all my 305 stuff.

Now i have had the motor in the car for many years, and i have no idea what engine model it is... L98, LM1, L05? no idea. I have no idea where to look for the casting codes? and i dont want to tear the motor apart to try n find it.

Is there anyway to know by just knowing that al my acces and stuff swapped from the 85 305? I have been trying to find this out for almost a year to no avail.. any help would be great.
inforcer958 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
350 , camino , chevy , code
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion