Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Central US
Central US Texas, Michigan, Chicago, Kansas, etc...
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 04:02 PM   #1
saranaz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to saranaz
Wi underglow?

does anybody know if underglow is illegal in WI?....im planing on getting some green
saranaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:35 PM   #2
bilsonator
AF Newbie

its not illegal as far as i know. a couple of friends of mine have it and they only get pulled over when cop is being an asshole. one of them got pulled over because his underglow was blue, and he got a ticket for to much lighting of an unwanted color. but the rest of my friends have red and none of them have had any trouble with it. from what i gather they only pull u over if u got an exotic color. everyone has red around me so the cops dont mined. i would still do the underglow just make sure its done good and you have a switch on it. and when driving past a cop dont turn it off just as you pass him, either leave it on, or have it off way before he sees you. the cop that pulled over my friend with the blue underglow said the only reason he pulled him was he turned it off after he passed him.
if you do get it done be sure to post some pics
bilsonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
saranaz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to saranaz
aight man thanks...yea im gettin it put on next weekend....last weekend we put red on my friends gunmetal lancer..it looks fat as hell
saranaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 01:08 AM   #4
nismo4banger
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to nismo4banger
It is illegal to have the lights on while driving on a public road. I did a report on wisconsin motor vehicle laws last year. They are very clear as to what kind of lights are legal on the car. I specifically remember them saying that red lights can only be located on the rear of the car. Here is a link of stuff you can download. Some of it is pretty interesting.
http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers...ks/lawbook.htm
Old 12-10-2003, 12:42 PM   #5
Bilson8tor
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Bilson8tor
even if you can't have red anywhere else on your car
there is still a plethora of other colors you can get
green for example
and just because its illegal to have dosen't mean you'll
get pulled for it
its all a matter of where you drive it(don't drive it past
any state troopers) most local cops either like it or they
don't care
Bilson8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
nismo4banger
AF Regular

They are all illegal, but Red and Blue are worse to have because they are reserved for emergency vehicles. But like you said, some cops aren't going to care. It all depends on where you live. However, I know people who've gotten tickets for interior Neons. Personally, I'm not a fan of any unneccessary lights, so to me it doesn't seem worth it.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:27 PM   #7
GreyTemplarPW
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Wi underglow?

Underglow in any state is not illegal. The only colors that are illegal are Red and Blue. The reason for that is the colors red and blue are reserved for emergency vehicles so they can be quickly recognized. Green is fully legal, after all I use it. Ive also noticed some places are a little slack on emergency colored underglow so a few ppl have gotten away with it.
GreyTemplarPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 01:08 AM   #8
nismo4banger
AF Regular

I don't really care what you heard. Motor vehicle laws vary from state to state. If you carefully read through the link I provided, you will see that it is very clear that under glow neons are illegal in Wisconsin. You may have "heard" that certain colors are illegal and others are fine, but that's just not true. It's a government website, so none of the information is false. Red and Blue are reserved for emergency vehicles, like I said. They will result in additional fines as a result. Any additional lights on a vehicle may be "destracting" to other drivers. This may result in an accident, according to law. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the law, but that's the reasoning. Most cops might not care, but it's possible that the person that posted this could still get a ticket. Plus, if you read the box that the neons came in, it will read "For off road use only". It says that for a reason.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:52 PM   #9
Bilson8tor
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Bilson8tor
Re: Wi underglow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo4banger
I don't really care what you heard. Motor vehicle laws vary from state to state. If you carefully read through the link I provided, you will see that it is very clear that under glow neons are illegal in Wisconsin. You may have "heard" that certain colors are illegal and others are fine, but that's just not true. It's a government website, so none of the information is false. Red and Blue are reserved for emergency vehicles, like I said. They will result in additional fines as a result. Any additional lights on a vehicle may be "destracting" to other drivers. This may result in an accident, according to law. I'm not necessarily agreeing with the law, but that's the reasoning. Most cops might not care, but it's possible that the person that posted this could still get a ticket. Plus, if you read the box that the neons came in, it will read "For off road use only". It says that for a reason.
jeez man dont pop a vein
Bilson8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:33 PM   #10
nismo4banger
AF Regular

I didn't mean to sound pissed. A lot of people are confused about the laws in their state. I'm just saying, you can't go by what your friends say. The answers are on the web. Just go to your states motor vehicle web site. You can find the laws there. Even after I provided the link with the right answer, somebody is telling this guy that they are legal. The guy asked a question and people are giving him the wrong answer. It doesn't really matter, since the guy said he was already going to buy them. I just want him to know that they are illegal.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #11
devereaux2016
AF Newbie

I have installed 2 12" led underglow on my audi to a toggle switch i havent had a problem with the law about it but that's be cause i only have it on when in a parking lot or on my land
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0097.jpg (63.8 KB, 1 views)
devereaux2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #12
nismo4banger
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devereaux2016 View Post
I have installed 2 12" led underglow on my audi to a toggle switch i havent had a problem with the law about it but that's be cause i only have it on when in a parking lot or on my land
This thread is 11 years old. Most of the people that posted in it are retired or dead.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Locations (USA, Canada, Asia, etc...) > Central US