Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 04:07 AM   #106
fairladyz_gt-r
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to fairladyz_gt-r Send a message via Yahoo to fairladyz_gt-r
Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

err...ok, yea i said ok

fairladyz_gt-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #107
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Too early for GT500 vs '07 Skyline GTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
what i got from the last... oh say... 3 pages?

ok?
yea, ok!
er... ok...?
OK, DUH!!
oh yea, ok!
wait... what?
ok!
ok ok...
wait, you didnt say ok?
yes i did, ok?
oh, ok!

i think you've laid the issue to rest.

shopping cart < regular mustang < GT500 < Z06 ?~? GT-R
and by this post...you are not helping matters.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:40 PM   #108
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
what i got from the last... oh say... 3 pages?

ok?
yea, ok!
er... ok...?
OK, DUH!!
oh yea, ok!
wait... what?
ok!
ok ok...
wait, you didnt say ok?
yes i did, ok?
oh, ok!

i think you've laid the issue to rest.

shopping cart < regular mustang < GT500 < Z06 ?~? GT-R
haha, you said "ok" lots of times.

I love lamp.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:15 PM   #109
FordJunky
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FordJunky
jimster, are you just looking at random things and saying you love them?
FordJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:33 PM   #110
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

What did I get from pik d's post? Shopping carts own Neons...
broddie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:38 PM   #111
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

Woohoo 7 pages FULLY READ!!! I can't possibly not post. Not a bad thread considering it repeated itself, and debated the blatantly obvious facts for 5 pages........... which is the gt500 will handle on the level with the gt-r even given it's breed, and lack of another $30k worth of car . Glad we got this panned out.

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
PWRDbyUNCLEbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:50 AM   #112
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRDbyUNCLEbens
Woohoo 7 pages FULLY READ!!! I can't possibly not post. Not a bad thread considering it repeated itself, and debated the blatantly obvious facts for 5 pages........... which is the gt500 will handle on the level with the gt-r even given it's breed, and lack of another $30k worth of car . Glad we got this panned out.
this is a stupid post with the only result of 4 million reposts of what the entire thread was about...

smelly pirate hooker

americans companies crack me up some times... i think it was chevy buti cant remember.... like a week ago, i saw a commercial for a truck that said "now with THREE VALVES... thats right 3 intead of 2 which means better performance!!!" idk, what the hell they were trying to prove since some japanese cars had 4 vpc in the mid 1980's lol... TWENTYFIVE YEARS LATER..... THREE VALVES!! which is why im still confused as to why even the new corvettes wouldnt have 4

is there an explanation to that
ghetto7o2azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 09:04 AM   #113
9ball
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto7o2azn
this is a stupid post with the only result of 4 million reposts of what the entire thread was about...

smelly pirate hooker

americans companies crack me up some times... i think it was chevy buti cant remember.... like a week ago, i saw a commercial for a truck that said "now with THREE VALVES... thats right 3 intead of 2 which means better performance!!!" idk, what the hell they were trying to prove since some japanese cars had 4 vpc in the mid 1980's lol... TWENTYFIVE YEARS LATER..... THREE VALVES!! which is why im still confused as to why even the new corvettes wouldnt have 4

Hell, let's go back further. Jaguar, Aston Martin, Auto Union, Alfa Romeo, Maserati were building DOHC 4 valve per cylinder with twin ignition back in the 40's! However, those were on in-line engines.

With V-shaped engines, there's a stronger case for pushrods than most people realize. Overhead camshafts is a very inefficient use of space and is heavier because the heads have to be bolstered so much more in order to support the camshafts. With a pushrod design, it's more complicated to get 3 or 4 valves per cylinder and it's also not a big issue because v8's displace enough that it's easy get tremendous power with 2 valves. Why spend the extra money if it isn't necessary? Pushrods may add reciprocating mass, but they're still perfectly capable of revving 8000rpm+.
9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #114
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

smelly pirate hooker

Actually that was ford that had that commercial. They do have 4 valve engines and have had them for some time. I think it is impressive that their base line V8 has 3 valves per cylinder. The same argument could be made that japanese are just now making V8s. Nobody cares though, just as nobody cares about how many valves you have. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Look at the new vette, 500 hp pushrod 2valve motor.
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:37 PM   #115
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

i know that ford has cars with 4 valves per cylinder, but the corvette designed to be chevys top sports car, i would think they would have it... and i guess 9ball explained it "Why spend the extra money if it isn't necessary?" its known for the best bang for you buck.. i just think it could be better idk
ghetto7o2azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:15 PM   #116
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

and obviously you don't know how valves and number of valves affect engine performance.
having more valves doesn't mean anything.
i.e having a 5 valve four pot isn't going to automatically make it a better engine than a four valve one.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #117
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Read this I posted this thread in the beginning of the summer. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=409529
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #118
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Quote:

smelly pirate hooker

The 1990 Corvette ZR-1 had a DOHC 32 valve V-8.

The official time for the new Corvette Z06 at the Nurburgring, arguably the toughest track in the world, is 7:43. The new Z06 gets 26 mpg on the highway.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/

New Corvette Z06

The Panoz Esperante has a Ford SVT 4.6 liter 420 hp DOHC 32 valve V-8.

The Saleen S7R doesn't have four valves per cylinder, but unlike most supercars it has already proven itself with nearly 40 races around the world.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:57 AM   #119
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
the hemispherical engine is still one of the most if not the most efficient motor ever built. it isnt a 4 valve per cylinder...

if american companies can make an engine and still have it compete and beat the competition then there is nothing to even complain about. who gives a f***...a corvette is pushing 500hp, you cant argue with numbers.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:04 AM   #120
FordJunky
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FordJunky

[quote=ghetto7o2azn]this is a stupid post with the only result of 4 million reposts of what the entire thread was about...

smelly pirate hooker

is there an explanation to that [/QUOTE

Mercedes has used the 3 valves ohc design for a long time and has had great success with it, and chevy did build the zr1 which was an ohc 350, proved to be pointless, they couldve made the same power with a pushrod with way less complication, less money and work.. plus havin the over head cams took away from the well known "workability" in other words easyness to work on which is what has made the 350 such a popular engine. on top of all that ford has a new crate which is a 5.0 dohc (Cammer) out of the box 440 hp and capable of alot more. the prob is the engines first off arent cost effective and alot of people dont feel the over head cams warrant the cost... so havin a 3 valve as a base engine is pretty decent.
FordJunky is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons