Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 03:45 AM   #1
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Thumbs up 300zxTT skirmish with Panda, 1st Gen RX7 gives up

My pal TerminalVelocity and I are heading back to my crib from a night of chillin wiff our homies. You know, the Families... grove street for life bitch!... too much Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas....

Err... So yeah, we hop on the freeway and settle in for 75mph-ish cruising. As we pull onto the freeway I happen to look left and see the silhoutte of a Z32 300zxTT skim past, Black with deep tint and chrome wheels. Pretty car.

And a 1st gen Rx-7, bright yellow. Cruising at about 85-90mph. They both go by. I pick up the pace after about a mile and start to catch them. We pass the Rx-7 on the left, I'm in the fast lane. He looks like he wants to play but I got impatient so I pulled ahead a bit.

The Z32 over in one of the 'slower' lanes is shadowing me two lanes over. I'm looking over at him, and watching traffic out front. We pace each other for about 2 miles.

He then starts to get on it, I give persuit and we jump up to 120mph and I go around a few cars. Hardly any traffic so it was relatively safe to do such speeds. Although it is stupid I know.

We play cat and mouse with each other for about 3 miles at speeds well past the century mark on the speedo. We let off and do a couple romps past each other and give each other thumbs up. Actually, he gave me the 'Shooter McGavin' point-n-shoot hand gesture like out of Adam Sandlers "Happy Gilmore". Or at least thats what it looked like through the tint.

I was hoping he'd hop off the freeway, but he took another freeway and I gave him a quick highbeam flash to signal to him 'thanks for the fun'.

We'd been back to 75ish for a while now and the Rx-7 was just now catching up. I think he was trying to keep up. I slipped it down to 4th gear as the rolled up next to me. I figured I'd be ready for them if they gunned it.

I guess he didn't want to play since he saw the Z32 and I just straight go to 'plaid'. But for the hell of it I just buried the pedal and shifted to 5th gear at 6,500rpm or about 120mph. We put on at least 10 bus lengths.

Obviously he didn't go for it, but it was just silly fun.

Nothing exciting, no 'kills' just foolin around with perfect strangers.

A good night indeed.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:01 AM   #2
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
nice!!! i love good fun...

i played with a honda prelude, newer one (what is it? 5th generation)...anyways it was the one they ended the prelude tradition with. we did about that same back and forth thing that you did with that TT at speeds well over 100mph. everytime we would get to about 120 i would start to pull on him, so i figured that was where it wanted to shut down on him. then i had to exit so i give him a honk and he gave me a honk back. pretty fun...

BTW: not saying much with the prelude but you have to keep in mind that i still have a n/a!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:33 AM   #3
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187
Re: 300zxTT skirmish with Panda, 1st Gen RX7 gives up

there is this last gen prelude that i have met on the interstate three times now, and everytime we end up going above 100. i should find out a way to meet her in person, because she loves to race and she is hot.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Thanks for sharing! I wonder if he just playin' around with you? That would be interesting to see a head on race!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx

Thats a pretty good story dude... And I agree, its fun to mess around with strangers... And not have to talk to them again

... O we were talking about racing... Nevermind.

I want your car Matt... I hate you.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:15 PM   #6
Wolfwood
AF Newbie

Hey, Redneck, i've seen a few of your posts, and i've been curious why do you call your car "the panda?"
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:20 PM   #7
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood
Hey, Redneck, i've seen a few of your posts, and i've been curious why do you call your car "the panda?"

'Cus Initial D is his fave show!

"Panda": ala panda (popular black/white scheme color) AE86 Toyota Trueno/Corolla popular with drifters...

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 12-30-2004, 04:43 PM   #8
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfwood

Basically what 1ViaDrft said, Although IntialD isn't my favorite show, I do enjoy it from time to time.

The name came about when a few buddies and I were all talking about InitialD as most dorks do, and I made the comment that my 240z had the classic "Panda" paint scheme going.

Ever since the nick name stuck, I never got around to naming my car a true female name like I should of... but Panda seems to fit.

And, I believe that Z32 was stock. My motor limits me to 130mph (rev limited in 5th gear to like 6000rpm.) I know had he floored it I would of been forced to hit my limit of 130... thus he would of walked away.

One of these days I'll get it taken off to see how fast it will go, but my common sense says "Why? No need to go so fast on the streets."

I can't say I don't agree... but it was fun.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #9
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Hmmm... to tell you the truth I never named my Z32...

Old 12-30-2004, 05:33 PM   #10
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Re: Re: 300zxTT skirmish with Panda, 1st Gen RX7 gives up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft
Hmmm... to tell you the truth I never named my Z32...
you should name her maria!!! jorge and maria!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 12-30-2004, 05:48 PM   #11
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Chaddup, anus!

So what do you call your 2+2, kiddo?

Old 12-30-2004, 05:57 PM   #12
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

nothing...

hi-ho silver!!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 12-30-2004, 05:59 PM   #13
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
nothing...

hi-ho silver!!!!

You worry me, child...

Old 12-30-2004, 06:03 PM   #14
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

ive got a question about the term "1st gen rx-7", is there more than one gen or is the rx-8 considered a gen of rx-7

is "gen" a name also used for another year of a car even though the car may not have changed over the years that it was produced, get my drift ? for example there would be 2 gens of 350z, the first that were 280 hp and the 2005's which have 300hp or is a 350z a 350z no matter the small engine mods
rendertrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:09 PM   #15
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Re: Re: 300zxTT skirmish with Panda, 1st Gen RX7 gives up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendertrust
ive got a question about the term "1st gen rx-7", is there more than one gen or is the rx-8 considered a gen of rx-7

is "gen" a name also used for another year of a car even though the car may not have changed over the years that it was produced, get my drift ? for example there would be 2 gens of 350z, the first that were 280 hp and the 2005's which have 300hp or is a 350z a 350z no matter the small engine mods
usually generations of cars change according to the body style changes...the 350z wouldnt classify as 2 different generations because all as they did was give--- the same engine, in the same car--- more power. the rx8 is not a generation of the rx7...rx7 is a different car. i think there were 3 generations of rx7's

-pre-86's
-86-91 (in the US)
-93-97? (in the US)

in japan they did something different with the 2nd and 3rd generation rx7's. i think the just offered the 3rd generation (FD3S) in 92...they didnt do that in the US. in japan, i think they also offered the FD until 98'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft

You worry me, child...

what??? i thought that was a creative one!!! sorry to disappoint you Jorge, i will think about a good name!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)