Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
View Poll Results: WHAT SHOULD I DO?
KEEP FACTORY CD PLAYER? 0 0%
CHANGE TO AFTERMARKET AND WILL NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM? 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
vp82
AF Newbie

Question 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Factory Radio Replacement With An Aftermarket Raido?

I have a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville se. I want to replace factory cd player with an aftermarket mp3/cd player. But I have a problem, I bought a sony mp3/cd player and took it to circuit city and moblie one to get it installed and they told me it has a computer in the raido. That controlls something else besides the radio such as airbags, taillight, etc. They told me they will install it but they will not take any responsible for any damages caused by the replacement of the radio. I did not get it installed. I contacted two pontiac dealership and they both gave me different answer. One said that you can put an aftermarket without any problem. But the other dealership told me that it has a computer that controlls someelse beside the radio. Please HELP ME. Can I REPLACE THE FACTORY RAIDO WITH AFTERMARKET RADIO.
vp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:41 PM   #2
vp82
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Factory Radio Replacement With An Aftermarket Raido?

YOU CAN EMAIL ME @ VIP_PATEL@YAHOO.COM
vp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 11:23 PM   #3
ibtopcop
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Pontiac Bonneville Factory Radio Replacement With An Aftermarket Raido?

There Should be no problem with repalcing your radio unless it is the new style 01+ I belive. If you do replace it I would be interested in buying your old one (oem radio) to upgrade my tape deck. ibtopcop@yahoo.com
ibtopcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:19 AM   #4
century189cid
AF Newbie

aftermarket radio

I recently bought a 2000 bonneville SE and ran into the same issue. I took the initiative of starting from scratch and hard wiring all new wires for my new cd player. So far after 2 months the only thing i have seen happen is that the door chimes and headlight on key out chimes are no longer there. No other issues have been noticed. On the same subject... i found out that all of the dome/courtesey lights and automatic headlight controlls are wired through the climate control unit.. screwy isnt it.

By the way.. one of the other features of the computerized Radio is that it is VIN encoded. therefore if the VIN in thr radio doesnt match the VIN in your PCM, the radio wont work.
century189cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
02sonoma
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 02sonoma Send a message via Yahoo to 02sonoma
Re: aftermarket radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by century189cid
I recently bought a 2000 bonneville SE and ran into the same issue. I took the initiative of starting from scratch and hard wiring all new wires for my new cd player. So far after 2 months the only thing i have seen happen is that the door chimes and headlight on key out chimes are no longer there. No other issues have been noticed. On the same subject... i found out that all of the dome/courtesey lights and automatic headlight controlls are wired through the climate control unit.. screwy isnt it.

By the way.. one of the other features of the computerized Radio is that it is VIN encoded. therefore if the VIN in thr radio doesnt match the VIN in your PCM, the radio wont work.
I just put in an aftermarket stereo in my wifes 2000 bonneville after having 4 shops laugh at me... i ran the acc. wire for the deck to a few differant wires... and after about 10 minutes, the deck turns off. does anyone know what the problem might be? and where is the best place to run the stereo acc. wire?
2002 GMC Sonoma/Automatic/4.3L V-6/Akuza Sublime 18's/Shaved Tailgate and emblems/rollpan,F/B Adj Air Suspension/ billet grille/Billet a/c and headlight knobs/ Flowmaster w/turndown/ Sprint flush mount tonneau cover
02sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #6
thefancyaughen
AF Newbie

12 Volt Ignition / Switched

what i did in my 02 bonnie is i ran it to the dimmer switch and it works great but there are a few thing to keeep in mind to make it work

1 you must keep your dash lights on high NO DIMMING THE DOWN
2 now to keep power running to your deck in the day light just turn your fog lights on and leave them on

3 now your radio will turn on and off with the key

the only woth way i see to do it is to open up the drivers side door and then with a voltage meater find the wire that allows you to operate the windows wil the car is off and then run a basic relay from there to the deck
any question
e-mail me at
augheniscool@msn.com
thefancyaughen is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville