Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 01:13 AM   #1
neunan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to neunan
Question why is my ACT HDSS clutch slipping?

ive put about 9000 miles on this clutch with no problems until tonight. the slipping was horrible... worse than my stock clutch. was it maybe just temporarily overheated? or does it need to be realigned? the clutch was the only thing i paid somebody else to do - and the flywheel at the same time. so i dont really know what im doing here. the clutch is stated to hold up to 41% over stock torque..which would give me up to about 200 ft. lbs from my stock 145. theres no way im pushing 200 with these mods. help?
AEM cai * DC Sports cc 4-2-1 header * GReddy EVO catback* AEM trupower pullies * ACT HDSS clutch kit * ClutchMasters 8lb flywheel * NGK blue wires * 4 wheel Brembo slotted rotors with AEM pads * 4bidden Motorsports shortshifter
---
pioneer deh9300 * phoenix gold zero point wiring * blaupunkt pa2100 pushing diamond audio HEX 6.5 comps in front * blaupunkt pa275 pushing power acoustik fahrenheit 6x9s in back* 5" LCD TV * 8-bit original NES
neunan is offline   Reply With Quote