Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
duke350
AF Regular

Re: 2002 GMC Envoy RDS Stereo LOCKED! PLEASE HELP!

duke350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
GMMerlin
I know stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paykaninc View Post
Hello there,

I have a rather huge problem here. I have a 2002 GMC Envoy with a RDS stereo audio by BOSE with 6 CD Changer. And the previous stereo was damaged because the CD Changer was no good anymore . So I bought another one at Junk Yard and once when I installed it, it showed a "LOCKED" text on the Radio . Now this is a USED GMC and there is no Manuel. So at first I did some research on Google to see if there's any MASTER key to enter, then later I took it to the GMC dealership itself and they couldn't figure it out after 2 HOURS Now I really need your help! Please reply asap. Many Thanks!!!!
That is really a shame, check that hyperlink provided in the other post, that is the same procedure I use to unlock radios at the dealer I work at.
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details
GMMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
agoin2002
AF Newbie

I am now in the process of ordering my 2nd 6cd Bose replacement stereo for my 2002 Envoy - yes, I paid too much for the dealer to do a 5-minute unlock job on the replacement because they had never heard of such a thing and it was a learning experience (they needed you there GMMerlin!). Here's my question:

Where is the lock stored in the radio? My point is, there is a circuit board attached to the faceplate on the stereo that is pretty easy to get off - if I take my current faceplate and attached circuit board off (it is fine, the cd changer is what screwed up of course) and put it on the replacement stereo I ordered, will it work with the existing code or will it still need reprogramming?

Thanks!
agoin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #4
Ray62406
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoin2002 View Post
I am now in the process of ordering my 2nd 6cd Bose replacement stereo for my 2002 Envoy - yes, I paid too much for the dealer to do a 5-minute unlock job on the replacement because they had never heard of such a thing and it was a learning experience (they needed you there GMMerlin!). Here's my question:

Where is the lock stored in the radio? My point is, there is a circuit board attached to the faceplate on the stereo that is pretty easy to get off - if I take my current faceplate and attached circuit board off (it is fine, the cd changer is what screwed up of course) and put it on the replacement stereo I ordered, will it work with the existing code or will it still need reprogramming?

Thanks!
I don't understand why your dealer couldn't reset the vin in the radio. The service tech can do a vin clear on the radio and then a vin relearn. It is not like the 90s radios. The radio is synced with the vehicle identification number. Take it to a different dealer. FWIW, the radio should have come with the vin of the vehicle it was removed from.
Ray62406 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy