Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 10:52 PM   #61
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

It was ether Car and Driver or Road and Track they were testing the new Max and they said the G35 now holds the 4DSC (4 Door Sports Car) title that the Maxima has had for many years. Bad news for Maxima owners but nice news for G35 sedan owners. But on the plus side it was said that they liked the engine on the new Max alot. It was like new life putten in the Vq35
deadmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:51 AM   #62
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by deadmaninc
It was ether Car and Driver or Road and Track they were testing the new Max and they said the G35 now holds the 4DSC (4 Door Sports Car) title that the Maxima has had for many years. Bad news for Maxima owners but nice news for G35 sedan owners. But on the plus side it was said that they liked the engine on the new Max alot. It was like new life putten in the Vq35
i drove a new max, and it actually felt less powerful than mine. granted it sounded better cause of the new dual exhaust setup, but i think the 5.5 gen's are faster, due to the newfound weight. my next car will be a g35, for sure

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 05:13 AM   #63
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by thrasher

granted it sounded better cause of the new dual exhaust setup,
I wonder how an aftermarket exaust would sound. The Max seems to get heavier every year
Old 04-08-2003, 05:23 AM   #64
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

I don't know what it is but the other day I went back to Nissan and they are trying to sell me a 2k4 for about 27K with a trade in on my 2k that has over 120k miles on it.

I thought that I was upside down and they showed me how I wasn't upside down and that they could get me out of my car the same day and into the new Max. I was tempted but I still haven't drove the car yet, because I think if I do that I will wind up buying it (for my wife).

She likes the car but I don't want to trade the 2k because I'll finish paying it off this year, so I'm probably just gonna keep the 2k and buy her the new Max. We had previously went to Inifinti and test drove the G35 but they are at 35K and I wasn't ready to purchase one at that time. I wanted to give Nissan some time to work out some of the bugs in the G before deciding and then they came out with the new Max, so now I have a dilemma but keep in mind it's not for me, it's for her.

I figure just get her the Max and save me some money, since she likes both of them anyway and she's used to fwd not rwd cars. I wonder what you guys think I should do. Just to put something else in the mix, I've also pondered the thought of just buying the G coupe (after the trade in the 2k) and probably buying her a 2.5SE Altima and keeping the G coupe for myself. I just don't want to be paying for 2 cars at the same time even though I could swing it, maybe just keep the 2k and get it turboed.
Help me out fellas
Old 04-08-2003, 05:33 AM   #65
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax
I don't know what it is but the other day I went back to Nissan and they are trying to sell me a 2k4 for about 27K with a trade in on my 2k that has over 120k miles on it.

I thought that I was upside down and they showed me how I wasn't upside down and that they could get me out of my car the same day and into the new Max. I was tempted but I still haven't drove the car yet, because I think if I do that I will wind up buying it (for my wife).

She likes the car but I don't want to trade the 2k because I'll finish paying it off this year, so I'm probably just gonna keep the 2k and buy her the new Max. We had previously went to Inifinti and test drove the G35 but they are at 35K and I wasn't ready to purchase one at that time. I wanted to give Nissan some time to work out some of the bugs in the G before deciding and then they came out with the new Max, so now I have a dilemma but keep in mind it's not for me, it's for her.

I figure just get her the Max and save me some money, since she likes both of them anyway and she's used to fwd not rwd cars. I wonder what you guys think I should do. Just to put something else in the mix, I've also pondered the thought of just buying the G coupe (after the trade in the 2k) and probably buying her a 2.5SE Altima and keeping the G coupe for myself. I just don't want to be paying for 2 cars at the same time even though I could swing it, maybe just keep the 2k and get it turboed.
Help me out fellas
Wow, your still up Dude don't get rid of the Max. You have the last verson of the 3.0 liter. Don't do it....... No but if you think its time for a change and you have the money, Id say go for what you want man. I know I would. I'd feel bad getting rid of my Max unless I get an updated version but thats just me. Although Ive heard the G35 coupe"s stock exaust and that thing is so tight. I fell in love with that alone. If you can do that, Once again I'd go for it
Old 04-08-2003, 11:24 AM   #66
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

yeah, i drove a g35 coupe 6 speed before my local infiniti stopped letting people test drive the stick, and that thing hauls...the exhaust is sweet, rumbles nice and deep when accelerating but is dead silent at cruising speeds. the new max, i dunno, i would say go for a 2k3, and save 6-7 grand, get a better looking, better performing, better built (not in the US) car

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:48 PM   #67
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

why dont u give ur wife ur Max and you get etheir the new Max or a G35 coupe for ur self?
Old 04-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #68
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
why dont u give ur wife ur Max and you get etheir the new Max or a G35 coupe for ur self?
I would've done that if I hadn't opened my big mouth and promised her a new car. I'll probably keep the Max, I've been doing some thinking today I saw 2 black 97 Maximas for sale, one was an SE with 24k on the ODO and in perfect condition, the other was a GXE (might have been a GLE) in perfect condition with Leather and about 89K miles. I tried to call both numbers to see how much they wanted for them but they've been busy all day. Must have a lot of interested takers.

I might just pay off my Max and try and get the one with 24K on it if it will still be available. I still have to get my wife a new car regardless of what I want to do for me, she'll be first.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:37 PM   #69
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

Why dont u get the that Max fix it up then sell it for more so u can have more money then u can maybe save up for getting two cars. Just a thought.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:44 PM   #70
99maximagxe
AF Newbie

Quote:
I believe the new mazda rx-8 holds the crown of the 4doorsports car with its superior handling and aggressive style.
99maximagxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:15 PM   #71
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by 99maximagxe

I believe the new mazda rx-8 holds the crown of the 4doorsports car with its superior handling and aggressive style.
"4 door", yeah right, just cause it has 4 doors doesn't make it a 4 door(aka sedan), it's just a coupe with easier access

Steve Martin.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:05 PM   #72
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

I read that somewhere it is like called a cab coupe or something.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:31 PM   #73
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Actually fellas I think I'm slowly but surely making up my mind on what to do about my car situation and here's what I came up with:

G35 Coupe on 18's is probably definite. What will make it definite is if they (Nissan/Infiniti) offer the coupe in a Convertible model, then it is definitely on.

I saw the Z roadster Convertible and it looks tight, I'm thinking if they do that to the G then I'm in love and I'm keeping the Max (gonna pay it off this year).

I'm trying to come up with reasons not to give my wife the G (even though I promised her a new car) so I came up with some lame @$$ excuse about the G being RWD and she wouldn't be able to drive it because it handles differently than the FWD that she is used to and been driving all of her life.

You think she'll buy it, if not what excuses would help validate me keeping the G for myself other than just flat out telling her forget the promise I made?
Old 04-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #74
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

i think you may have screwed yourself by promising her a new car. once she sees and drives the g she's gonna want it.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 03:36 PM   #75
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax
so I came up with some lame @$$ excuse about the G being RWD and she wouldn't be able to drive it because it handles differently than the FWD that she is used to and been driving all of her life.

Good one but thats not gonna do it bro.
Just cry....... Like seriously Cry:hehe:

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35