Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 09:35 PM   #91
Pick
AF Fanatic

Look, I'm not trying to offend you. I'm just standing up for what I think, just as you are. You may be right, but I just don't think so.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 11:52 PM   #92
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Ok
Old 12-27-2002, 12:53 PM   #93
Pick
AF Fanatic

BTW, does the ALtims 2.5 have the same engine as the Spec-V Sentra?
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 06:18 PM   #94
JBL85
AF Fanatic

yeah, 175HP with 181lbs Torque.

I tried racing an auto 95/96 max last night, but he wouldnt go, it was slammed on rims, debaged, clear corners and a big wing. Kid driving, but still wouldnt run, probably thought I had a v6 or something
Old 12-27-2002, 06:31 PM   #95
maximafever
AF Newbie

When a car is slammed on the wheels they don't drive all that fast and airbag systems weigh a lot. Most cars set up like that are for show not racing.
maximafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 06:55 PM   #96
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

if the VQ's pussy why does nissan use the vq35 in 9 of their nissn/infiniti vehicles. they put an inline four in the economy vehicles for peple who can't afford the insurance/ gas of a beastly 6 cylinder.

Not to mention the nissan vq in the maximas and I30-35 has been rated best v-6 in it's class for the last 9 years.
put an intake and exhaust on your altima it'll sound like a 4-stroke 4 wheeler.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 02:18 AM   #97
un4gvnbb
AF Enthusiast

well listen in my opinion i dont think your altima ca beat the maxima. however i could be wrong. its a possibility, however slim it may be.

i can admit it but i want to see it happen. show us some tape and prove us wrong. until then you have no proof and all this is talk is worthless.

(no offence is intended at all)
Old 12-28-2002, 11:27 AM   #98
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

i smoked an se-R sentra 6 speed. that's all the proof i need. unless putting the same engine in a heavier car with one less gear somehow makes it faster
Old 12-28-2002, 01:02 PM   #99
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
if the VQ's pussy why does nissan use the vq35 in 9 of their nissn/infiniti vehicles. they put an inline four in the economy vehicles for peple who can't afford the insurance/ gas of a beastly 6 cylinder.

Not to mention the nissan vq in the maximas and I30-35 has been rated best v-6 in it's class for the last 9 years.
put an intake and exhaust on your altima it'll sound like a 4-stroke 4 wheeler.
Vq30, vq35 isnt a pussy, I had an auto altima smoke me

as for the guy racing a sentra, you have a 5speed, you notice I am claiming on an auto altima
Old 12-28-2002, 09:41 PM   #100
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

VQ30 is one of the best 6 cylinders to come out of the 90's, period. It's not only about power, it's about smoothness and durability as well. The idea to use molybdenum coated pistons was ingenius. If you had a Maxima, you should know how sweet the engine is.
:bandit:
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 02:59 AM   #101
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Yeah I loved that car, she did a good job for the 30k miles I owned her, then at 107k, traded her in for my altima. She ran great every mile
Old 12-29-2002, 11:06 AM   #102
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85

Vq30, vq35 isnt a pussy, I had an auto altima smoke me

as for the guy racing a sentra, you have a 5speed, you notice I am claiming on an auto altima
yeah i noticed you're claiming on an auto altima but you're also claiming the vq30 to be a pussy engine. if the engine's pussy why can't you beat a 5 speed one. You said it yourself the only way you'll win is against a slushbox. if anything, you should be claiming that nissan uses shitty auto transmissions, not engines
If the VQ30's pussy you should be able to beat it in any form. 5 speed or auto and i don't think you could beat either.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:18 PM   #103
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa

yeah i noticed you're claiming on an auto altima but you're also claiming the vq30 to be a pussy engine. if the engine's pussy why can't you beat a 5 speed one. You said it yourself the only way you'll win is against a slushbox. if anything, you should be claiming that nissan uses shitty auto transmissions, not engines
If the VQ30's pussy you should be able to beat it in any form. 5 speed or auto and i don't think you could beat either.
Good point, they make a shitty trannies, my car is on its third one and it only has 15k on it.

I know its a great motor, my 300zx with a VG has 155k and runs strong, its not fast, but its not dieing anytime soon
Old 12-30-2002, 09:28 PM   #104
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by MaximusGTR
Hey bk2 are you coming to los angeles?
Naw, I'm not coming that way, I'm up in San HOzay visiting in-laws and my brother but maybe one of these times I'll drive when I have more time and come through but I'll holla at you before I make it out that way.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #105
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
What are we talking about, pussy?

Im sorry, but this is cars, I have beaten 3 Nissan Maximas, and my dad owned one as well as me, both 97's. My point being, I have driven/owned this car, and now I dont, but my new car does beat the older maxima. Thats a fact, while having someone brake torque their launch on an auto 95-99 maxima, and me launching my 5 speed 2.5 altima, I can beat them.

I dont see why you guys are crying, its not like its a bad car to lose to, it has a huge 4 cylinder motor compared to a pussy 3.0 VQ. If you guys are racing the stock 3.5, they are going to hand your ass too you.
JB, I can't believe that you called the VQ 3.0L a pussy, I know my 3.0L will eat just about any Altima (stock) that is from 0-60 and the 1/4, but calling the VQ 3.0L pussy is just not proper. This engine is so good it's been named to the Ward's Ten Best Engine List 8 years in a row and you don't make that list by being pussy.

The Altima is not all that fast, I know because I've owned 3 of them and furthermore the Altima hadn't reached the league of a Max until they dropped the 3.5 VQ in it. A 2.5 cannot beat a 3.0L with an auto or a stick. I raced an Altima 2.5 S with a stick 3 times last week and I'm auto 3.0L and my Max just $hitted all over him everytime.

It wasn't even close from 0-60 or the 1/4, I'm sorry there's no way an Altima unless it's got the 3.5 VQ can hang with or $hit on a 3.0L VQ Max in any form auto or stick.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35