Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 200/Tomcat
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
BillBigsby
AF Newbie

Question 216SLi Immobilisor problem

I've just purchased a 96 new shape 216SLi and having a problem with my immobilisor in that the alarm fob is working, the electrics and battery are fine, tried entering the key access code to re-set the immobilisor, all to no avail. It just won't allow you to start....Has anyone had this problem / know how to fix this ?
BillBigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 02:41 AM   #2
PJF220
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to PJF220
Re: 216SLi Immobilisor problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBigsby
I've just purchased a 96 new shape 216SLi and having a problem with my immobilisor in that the alarm fob is working, the electrics and battery are fine, tried entering the key access code to re-set the immobilisor, all to no avail. It just won't allow you to start....Has anyone had this problem / know how to fix this ?
is the key access code the 4 digit code you enter via the drivers door lock? I'm only familiar with the rover coupe but it may be the same. You put the key in the lock, turn it left and back to centre howeve many times to equal the first digit, the right and back to centre to enter the second digit, thne left again for the 3rd digit, and finally right again for the last digit. If the batteries are fine in the fob, try resinking it to the car by using the method I described in the thread entitled key fobs, below. It may be the same system on your car to resink it as when you disconnect the battery, the key for coding goes out of sink as it changes the code every time you press it. The 4 digit code will always remain the same though.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 200/Tomcat