Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Gran Turismo Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #16
nicecar
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: things you would like in GT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglesnirt
i just came up with something, its a little far-fetched, but what about being/having to drive the car to the track across town, but i dont mean like speeding through the streets like 150mph, i just mean normal driving and you can get pulled over, lol, or anything like that, even possibly that certain races only happen at certain times, and you are able to miss the races and wait for next year, week, or wutever.
I've always wanted to be able to drive to the tuning shop,wheel shop,etc. etc.
for first car walk to showroom.

chris
Old 06-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #17
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt
Re: things you would like in GT5

yea but im not really talking about body kits at all, i mean like, you know when you just bought a new car in real life, and you wanna go out and cruise it, or take it to a deserted road?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #18
Skyline_BNR34

Make it like NFSU2 but with real crap and stuff and a way better storyline and stuff and That was what I was thnking of havoing to drive toi the tuning shop and make it basically a life of a normal guy who just got out of Racing school and is going ot buy his first car and got money formhis dad, his dad drops him off at a used dealership and he buys a car for less than 20 grand and he buys it an he goes to his house and he calls some of his friends to see what he should do to that car and were are some good street races being held tonight... When they check out his car he has a stock car and he races and itis up to you if he wins or not... He gets some money and he drives ot the shop and he gets some performance parts for his car but you have to go to a garage or your house to install them... When you get more and more moeny you can get moe cars and stuff, also the cops chase you if they know you're a convicted street racer guy and if you spped and pull opver and they give you a ticket and you haveto pay the ticket and stuff... And when you get a rac car for the track you buy a truck and a trailer to trailer it to the races and when it is a Across country one you fly to like Japan and you car goes with you but your little home town is pretty big with a local race tarck like Daytona with aan oval and a raod trsack inside it... Also they have a local dirt track if you start with that... It should be real life cars and damage and when you destroy something you pay to get it fixed and and if your car is totaled you need anoher car... And if you aren't racing but driving around town you can stop in clubs and stuff for a drink and to talk ot other street racers to go out and race... But it is the local hangout fot he racers and stuff...

And when you beat the game the last race is the biggest race of racing like a 24 hours of le mans race and you have to race the FULL 24 hours and when you win that race you are the grand Champion of the world..

Also F1 races agaibnst F1 cars that are basically tuned the same and stuff and their is a schedule to follow and you travel and stuff... You can start your ownrace team and drive or go into B-Spec mode... But when you do that you have to be 75% complete to start doing that because you will be respected and can get alot of money from it... All the types of racing is in this game like in the beginning you pick your favorite type of race like Nascar, F1, NHRA, American Le Mans, or any other Real races and you get richer and start to go into that particular career and you race in that carreer only unless you start a new game or you get 100% in that career...

You pick your favorite and stuff like that and to ge 100% you need to be in the top 5 of that year... Also you get first in that year you win secret cars for that track like some of the first cars on the track and you get to chose what to do is to retire or to go on and start over in another league...

Also you can do anything ot your car that does stuff and Body Kits and stuff...
Skyline_BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:25 PM   #19
EVOclipse
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EVOclipse

i think you guys should buy NFSU because this real life street race bullshit is gay, GT is about TRACK racing. being pulled over is lame. and having to drive all over the damn city with a lame ass story in NFSU2 was boring. if you want all these stories and stuff why dont you try that tokico racer or however its spelled, now the ideas for day night or weather are good contructive ideas inline with GT and so are the adding of cars. the body kits is also a good idea because in general the kits arent about looks, theyre about aerodynamics. i also think the addition of more real world tracks would be nice. ebisu and others. and also a drift park and more about drift racing. also again from my other post NO MORE RALLY car hit penalties. in fact maybe some set times or a ghost car instead so theres no contact. that way drivers focus more on time than just not letting the computer pass.

(96 eclipse RS 5-speed, magnaflow exhaust,chrome headers,cold air intake,denso iridium sparkplugs,new kumho tires )******EDIT totalled car now*******
EVOclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:51 PM   #20
Skyline_BNR34

Having a story in GT would be good but it would take to long ot complete and I have NFSU:2... I like GT better and I said for parts that actually do stuff for your car...

How about wiht the Rally thing no circuit race because Rally isn't about a circuit...

Basically the rally in GT2 is what real rally is...

Also real tracks inly no fake ones and the weather is a must like if it rains you get rain tires and can only race certain cars and stuff and more real life race teams and stuff...
Old 06-23-2005, 04:07 PM   #21
honda_racing101
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to honda_racing101 Send a message via MSN to honda_racing101 Send a message via Yahoo to honda_racing101

Another one I thought of, more realistic sounding cars. The muscle cars with exhaust dont sounds right, also for the Hondas make a noticable VTEC changover, like we should be able to hear the VTEC kicking in. And realistic burnouts.
dSoc member #67
1995 Honda del Sol EG2 VTEC Milano Red. RIP :crook:
1994 Honda del Sol EG1 S-full VTEC conversion.

Buy my Del Sol parts!!
honda_racing101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:14 PM   #22
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

i think rally should really be changed into something like real rally racing instead of this 1 on 1 rallyx style thing, i knoe people out there race rallyx but it just doesn't seem to work very well with the style of driving the game has, plus make the car more noticable that it has a suspension, i dont know how to explain it but like if i were to cut a corner a little and get over the rumble strip, it doesn't look right, seems like on some of the more amatuer cars it should bounce more, that and all around the driving feel feels a little outdated, even if they redid it in gt4, feels almost the same as gt3.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #23
cantgo2fast
AF Regular

Every Car Ever Made for instance in GT4 u cant buy a new cadillac how much BS is that i think they should put in the ability to start your own racing team. I hate the way the cars sound. Every car with a turbo sounds the same if it has 1000hp or 200Hp and same with NA cars they all sound the same. They should also bring back the "race modifications" from GT2 where u could turn ur souped up car into a full blown race car for like 100grand or sumthin.
Evo3 16g @18psi/walbro190/Greddy type S Bov/Dejon Intake/Bushur 3in DP/Custom 3in catback exhaust/FIC 750s/innovateLC1 WBO2/DSMLINK v2.5/Axxis ultimate pads/Aeromotive AFPR/ETS FMIC/Tein SS coilovers/ACT 2600/6puck/ACT flywheel/

Enkei RPF1 (15.6lbs) with 245/17 Dunlop Star Specs

Wish list:
CAMS
cantgo2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #24
BullShifter
AF Moderator

They need to add online racing, the computer is too easy and BORING!

In car would be nice
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:42 AM   #25
kfoote
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglesnirt
...plus make the car more noticable that it has a suspension, i dont know how to explain it but like if i were to cut a corner a little and get over the rumble strip, it doesn't look right, seems like on some of the more amatuer cars it should bounce more, that and all around the driving feel feels a little outdated, even if they redid it in gt4, feels almost the same as gt3.
This is actually quite realistic as is. A car with stiffer spring rates will bounce a lot more when it hits a curb than a car with a stock suspension in real life. The stiffer the suspension is, the more hitting a curb will upset the balance of the car. In GT4, the car pitches and rolls a lot more with the softer suspension, as is also true in real life. A couple of weeks ago, racing my stock suspensioned Miata at Lime rock, the car pitched so much under braking at the end of the front straight (which is relatively flat) that all I could see in the rear vier mirror was sky. The stock suspensioned Miatas are a lot easier to drive on and over curbs than a Spec Miata is, simply because the spring rates on the Specs are about 3 times stiffer than what they are stock.
kfoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:49 PM   #26
Skyline_BNR34

I liked the full blown race car thing in GT2... Make the cars sound real and bring in basically every car from the 50's and over... Make it so you can do custom work on your car and online is way harder than a crappy SI and when you bounce off a car it dosen't bounce like when your pushing a car in the rear and hit it you should slow down and he should mess up... DAMAGE but most likely won't have... Engine swaps, loike if that engine dosen't fit in a real car it can't fit in the game... It needs to be a Real car tuning and real life driving and stuff... Everythig in the game to do to a car you can do it in the game...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #27
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

damage would be good, but unlike forza, where i have had many times were i would have rolled, it doesn't have it, i would like to see cars roll, as rare as it happens in real life, it still does happen.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #28
SHIFT_KA24DE
AF Enthusiast

definitely need some better AI. The fact that you can win every race by rear ending opponents into the dirt or using them as walls... that's a nono.
Opponents that change their style of driving would be nice too... (just imagine an all out drift competition at trial mountain with 6 cars)... uber hot.

btw... don't know if you guys ever played that old japanese game... choroQ. i think it was number 3... for the ps1. You drive to all your shops/garages/tracks/events.... tuning is kept pretty general but car selection is pretty diverse. R34's to toyota 2000gt's to Diesel Buses... only thing is that everything is comical... cartoony... whatever you want to call it. mad fun.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:33 AM   #29
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

you want body kits and stuff go get automodellista
i just want 1 thing
dyno tuning

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #30
Skyline_BNR34

Everything in real life should be in this game... How about that...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Gran Turismo Series