Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 06:37 PM   #1
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to grncivicdhr
Question 240 brakes...

i'm comparing prices on brake upgrads right now. i've heard that you can get 300zx brembo rotors redriled 4 lug for the 240sx. if this is true, where can i buy these rotors? if not can a shop do this for you? any help would be appreciated and i'll share all the info i find out on any brake up grade (the spec-v idea included).
grncivicdhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 07:23 PM   #2
klohiq
AF Enthusiast

You can get 300z brakes from a junkyard for a pretty cheap cost...make sure you get the ones you want though since there are a few variants. A shop can drill a new 4 hole pattern on them for you or better yet you could upgrade to 5 lugs which is a better idea, even though it costs a little more. If you're tight on cash though then go with the 4 lug, just make sure the stock rims will have enough clearence I know stock s14 se (5 lug) rims will clear it, not sure about all the rest...

Infiniti Q45 brakes should also work, but I'm not sure how easy they are to install...

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/.../240sx_brakes/ - conversion howto
http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm - another swap
http://www.princeton.edu/~asad/zbrakes/ - brake caliper comparison
Old 08-29-2003, 07:28 PM   #3
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

thanks for the info. a 300z upgrade won't work with stock s13 240 wheel but i bought a set of 17s so it souldn't be a problem.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #4
klohiq
AF Enthusiast

17" rims are perfect on a 240sx

Too bad I can't find exact copies of the stock s14 rims in 17"..probly just go with the crowd and get TE37s or something similar, either that or 5 spoke, 5 double spoke, or 6 spoke that look nice.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
Suislide
AF Fanatic

yeah, you can find them pretty much anywhere...a junkyard, eBay. hell you could even go into Nissan or a parts store and order a brand new set, although that would cost more. are you looking for calipers too? it's usually a good idea to upgrade everything when you upgrade one thing.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #6
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

i've found the calipers and rotors both on ebay and seems like i can pick them up for alittle over $400. project silvia haas stainless steel brake line you can use with the z32 calipers as well. right now i'm just looking at what everything will cost me.