Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #46
Grimmer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Grimmer
Re: Re: 300ZX Drifting Downfalls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXSlideStar
Anyone who says they aren't drifted for money reasons is wrong. You think drift teams give a shit about repair costs? People drift FDs all the time and they are in the same price range as Z32s. People drift everything in Japan, but I've never seen a drift Z32, it's not a question of money, there's just something about how the car is built that doesn't make it any good, maybe its to wide and not long enough or maybe the steering angle is garbage, who knows.
Well to let you guys know. There is a kid in Japan that Won Battle of the Drifts in his Z3 . They kept telling him that it really is not the best car to drift in. Two reasons really, wheel base and and the modifications needed to to get the steering angle much more dramatic.

<a href="http://www.streetneeds.com/ttnet/up/bm2.jpg">pic</a>
<a href="http://northwestnissans.com/board/archive/index.php/t-14733.html">Link</a>

That should pretty much settle the issue.
Grimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #47
R.W.240
Banned

huh... this one must have slipped by me when my computer was down... a month ago...

Z32s shouldnt have a problem with adding angle... below the tie rod its all S13 stuff.

An S13 Hicas rack and Uras Inners are all that guy probably used.

I kinda want a Z to build into a drift car.

Z31s have a Clutch type R200? HHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMmmmmmmmm Verrrryy Interesting.

* > Z31
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #48
mowerman121
AF Newbie

Smile Re: 300ZX Drifting Downfalls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W86g9wSPA7M
Dont drift in Japan? not sure where you got that from. There are 3 drivers featured in d1 articles for drifting their Z32's. They use TT 2+2 since it has a 10 in. longer wheelbase allowing more control with tie rod spacers for more angle. 3 people including myself drift 2+2's on our local drifting circuit. it can for sure be done, you just have to be very commited to the task at hand and give it your all
mowerman121 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX