Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
jeckyjil
Banned

Speeding Ticket in MA, entrapment?

Hi, I have a NH drivers license. Several months ago I received a speeding ticket in MA, I think it was for 88 (approx) on a 65 mph interstate. The police officer was in his cruiser, hiding down an embankment, WITH NO LIGHTS ON, no interior or exterior lights at all, this happened late at night, when I was exhausted and had to drive several hours home from the airport. I know I was speeding but do not think I was going as fast as he says he clocked me. There were other cars on the road as well that were speeding but I was the unlucky one. I had 2 people/witnesses in my vehicle that can testify to the fact that he was hiding with no lights on. I was stunned and did not ask to see radar, I know I was not thinking! My first question is: Was this a legal stop? Some people have told me that it is entrapment, which I don't think would wash in court, but is it legal for him to hide in the complete dark like that? I decided to try and fight the ticket, I checked the request for court hearing, promptly mailed the summons and have not heard anything back. This is going on 6 months, what should I do? Do nothing? Call NH DMV where I live? Call state of MA where the ticket was issued? I have no ticket # or info., as I mailed it in!? Thanks for your advice!
jeckyjil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Speeding Ticket in MA, entrapment?

Moving this to Cars in General > Legal Issues> traffic Violations forum.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93
Re: Speeding Ticket in MA, entrapment?

it takes a while to get the summons in the mail. and yes, the cop was perfectly legal to stop you. when you go in to court, you will most likely get some money taken off the ticket, but you wont get out of it. youre best bet is to hire a lawyer if you want to completely get this ticket off your record. best advice i can give... if you dont want a ticket, dont speed.
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only