Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 10:31 PM   #31
1qtrmilekid
Banned

Question why

yeah, I think they're a little cheezy, I agree, they weren't as much b-4
SCC :rocket:

Boingo82 deleted SPAM content.

Last edited by boingo82; 04-09-2003 at 01:41 AM.
1qtrmilekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:17 AM   #32
Mallet
Banned

Nowi'm not ightng but just to be clear.. on a canyon road i'd use my comptech s200.. and the Fire hawk with just the sroker does 11.70's without the 150 shot..

the grandsport is very low 11's the Mustang is a 10 second.. the Jaguar i have it tweeked to nice 13.6-7 it comingin along nicely

the Boss hoss doe 0-60 in 3 flat

the Porsche ( my fave) is right at 13 flat 12.9 but it feels right.

so no offense integra but i usually have a car for all occasions..lol
hell i've spent y families inheritence to indulge mydsfe in y engineeering fancies

Author
my 16 nephew just got a Blue Is300 .. very sweet for a first car ,, fairly quic.. he wanted o race the vetein it.. i 1/4 throttled it so he could keep up..

still though they handle nicely

also my other nepwew has aSpec v he's also 16 man i don't know that think has torque you can feel and its so very reponsive suspensionally.. the steering is lightnig quick.. he has I/H?E man it woke that car up

Im a big Nissan Fan.. and i think there coming back as soon as Nismo gets over here they have a chip for his spec raises redline and speed limiter also fuel/ timing calibretion ..it worth 35-40 whp.. thats amazing

Ok integra i give you probably have a 550 hp turbo -nitrous one seater weighing 2000 lbs.. i have a frind with one it inside is striped but looks good outside. he can't launch of the line so he has t race dfroma 20 mile role he beat my firehawk on the Juice but acouple of cars.. it was amazing.. though had he launched from a dead stop.. well he can't control that kind of poer.. and his shafts would snap anyway..

Oh one last thing i don't know were you live but i see alot of youngin in Supra turbo's the one handed gangster loook over their sholder .its a pleasure running them and squashing them.. though i know of just a rare few in my area that my arsenal can't fully handle .. and dwn here they race from 100 upto whatever you can do that there money race..

Later

didn't mean to offend anyone..
oh the comptech does do 11's also.. its totally running correctly and is a full comptech upgrade NSX beware
Mallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #33
Mallet
Banned

Wow srry about not sing spell check.. ouch.. well i use an IR keyboard and form a distance the cpu doesn't pickup every keystroke..

i can assure everyone that i have Bachelors in Engineering.. who doyou think made the design parameters on my cars??
Later guys
Old 04-08-2003, 10:54 AM   #34
Mallet
Banned

This %&&#@# keyboard.. i swear on my life i can spell quite well and have been told i'm eloquent in actual conversation...lol

jeeze i better proof this!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:17 PM   #35
Shiftlock
AF Enthusiast

I wouldn't say their gone soft,look at what they done to project silvia.They took some cans of flat black painted the car.I would call that far from going soft,I've never seen a mag do such a bold move,that shows that the car is strictly business.
Shiftlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:52 AM   #36
bobby28384
AF Enthusiast

Hmmm I like a lot of Japanese cars. Including Civics and Integras. But, unfortunately, most of them are modded into ricers. Please, no altezzas, fake sticky Type R's and cheapo cheapo wings. Save your money and maybe you can get a VW. Supras and RX-7s are rarely rice, because they're still out of a lot of people's budget. I like the 1993+ Supra, and the 1978-1985 RX-7. They were a real bang for the buck at the time.

NSX=wow
Skyline=right hand drive So, thats a NO
MR-2=cool, cause of midengine
300ZX=nice
Supra=high maintnence screamer
RX-7=pretty good, depending on the year
Civic=sorry, too riceroni
Integra=most are ricers, but there are a few sleepers

Either way, I'd SOO much rather have a Euro car. VW, Audi, BMW, Benz, Saab, Volvo!!!

Volkswagen. Drivers Wanted. Don't be a ricer. Get a Golf.
bobby28384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 12:38 PM   #37
cbortnsx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to cbortnsx
i agree that they might be going a little soft, but they're really the only option out there for a car enthusiast. i'm talking strictly import performance mags, of course. if you look at the other options, no other magazine can be accused of going soft because they all already are! scc is still, as far as i know, the only magazine to actually cover scca prorally, ustcc, etc. every other magazine covers drag racing, maybe , and that's it. the other magazines also feature civics monthly, all with garish vinyl, fnf style cars, etc.
scc is really the only serious import performance magazine, instead of a crap import looks magazine. besides, they're not really gouing very soft at all. I've been on the lookout, and in the past year, there's probably only one feature car that i would even dub "ricey" , and that would be that ugly black with white striped cavalier. i mean, what other import magazine would have the guts to run a cover story about purely sleeper cars, with no exterior mods at all? also, the uscc is pretty hardcore, and still is, judging by this year's entrants.
cbortnsx is offline   Reply With Quote