Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:33 AM   #31
Bunique
AF Newbie

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship Scam?or Not?

Quote Requested On 6/23/2007Quote Sent On6/25/2007Estimated Purchase Date1/1/2008VendorPart #DescriptionQtyAdvertised PriceMember Cost Options Auto Salonhks-32018-az002HKS legamax exhaust1 $876.00 $856.29 Options Auto Salontp-11540050Greddy turbo kit1 $3,596.00 $3,515.09 Options Auto Salontp-14043009Greddy grex strut bar front1 $114.00 $111.83 Options Auto Salontp-14043010Greddy grex strut bar rear1 $114.00 $111.83 Options Auto Salonhks-80040-xz001HKS hypermax rs coilover kit1 $1,573.00 $1,595.62 NotesI don't plan on ordering all at once, But maybe a few items at a time.Shipping & Handling$0.00Sales Tax $0.00Extended Cost$6,190.66Co-op Dollars Used$82.34Co-op Dollars Available$10,000.00Co-op Dollars Remaining After Purchase$9,917.66I signed up last week after getting a call from some guy about the application I filled out. He got me all excited and said he'd call me back after he talked to his superviser. So I said ok. When he called me back I told him that I didn't know if this was the right or not to sign up and that I would like to sign at the end of summer. (I had a few different reasons) He told that sponsorships are not always available and that I wouldn't have to enter any shows, but only show up at them. I said alright.....Here I am a week later. I went onto their affiliated partner site and requested some price quotes on few parts for my car. (I drive an Rx8) I was pumped and checking a few times a day to get their response. I've got about 1500 bucks and I was trying to figue out what parts to spend it on. I was a little dissapointed with thier response. Especially cause the guy on the phone said that they pay 50% of the parts and I pay the other half. Do the math. $82.34 is nowhere near 50% of the totall. I could even get some parts cheaper if I didn't go though them. Scam? Maybe, but they do offer discounts(not 50%. More like 1.3%) I'm gonna call my guy up tomorrow and be like WTF. I'll let yall know how it goes.
Bunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #32
killerjoker69
AF Newbie

Re: Sport Compact Pro Sponsorship (Team SCP) Scam?or Not?

i would like to say that scp is a scam i payed the 88 dollors to have them hook me up in 3 days i got a call back saying they were going to give me a partial full sponsorship on my 95 honda civic 4 door the guy i talked to said my stickers and papperwork would me on the way and that i would be getting parts for my car free of charge to promote sponsors i was like cool i got my papperwork and sent it back the next morning cause postal services diddnt know how to deliver my mail tell 4pm but promoted two on the doors one on the front windsheild and one across the hoog nice hookup right my free stuff i got was stickers lol. i called the guy up and asked scp about what sponser i had and the guy at scp says i have 6 sponsors and i have a body kit on the way for my car and they want me to go to a car show and enter into it so i do right i pay $100 and wait for the show to come as well as the kit to come in. i get a letter 1 week before the show sayin that i have $8000 in sponsership credits i can use with my sponsors and i will have the parts right away. i give scp and my sponsors a call and scp says they will hook me up i call my sponsors and they say they dont have me on record so i was out 100 for the show cause i was embarassed to take my sussposed to be sponsored car to a car show and i physaclly dont have any sponsers i think they need to do something with me but they wont answer me and i am not going to pay any more money to get sponsored again scp is an all out scam and i hope one of there reps see this and does something about it cause that is harsh to do to people. if anyone has any questions please feel free to email me at jon23202@yahoo.com i will answer some of the questions you might have thanks.
killerjoker69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Magazine Critic > Sport Compact Car