Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
NearlyHeadlessNikk
AF Newbie

Jeep Overheating After Car Accident

Hai
Well yesterday LI experienced its first snow storm of the year so naturally I was cut off on the expressway and slid into a guardrail.
I hit the passenger corner, the headlight is completely destroyed and the corner panel is crushed. Luckily the passenger door was barely missed but the window must've been knocked off the track because it's stuck down. After, my car drove fine until it started overheating. A good jeep-driving samaritan stopped to help me out and looked under the hood, he was pretty sure that the damage was only cosmetic and couldn't see anything wrong. Does anyone have any ideas? My radiator is full and as far as I can tell not leaking so I'm not sure where to go from here
NearlyHeadlessNikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
wire2power
AF Newbie

Re: Jeep Overheating After Car Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearlyHeadlessNikk View Post
Hai
Well yesterday LI experienced its first snow storm of the year so naturally I was cut off on the expressway and slid into a guardrail.
I hit the passenger corner, the headlight is completely destroyed and the corner panel is crushed. Luckily the passenger door was barely missed but the window must've been knocked off the track because it's stuck down. After, my car drove fine until it started overheating. A good jeep-driving samaritan stopped to help me out and looked under the hood, he was pretty sure that the damage was only cosmetic and couldn't see anything wrong. Does anyone have any ideas? My radiator is full and as far as I can tell not leaking so I'm not sure where to go from here
NearlyHeadlessNikk,

Check and make sure your radiator fans are working. A bad or faulty radiator fan can prevent adequate cooling of circulating engine coolant, which can cause an engine to overheat.

With your car in park, start your car and check weather or not if overheating occurs with HVAC compressor on or off (turn heat on high/then off).

It also may be a case of coincidence. I would begin with a complete over-all look and make sure hoses are not crimped. I know you checked but check again. If nothing is noticed, I would begin with T-Stat.
wire2power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
crazydriverz
AF Regular

Re: Jeep Overheating After Car Accident

its probably your fan relay or wire hardness to it. its located under the passenger headlight lamp.
crazydriverz is offline   Reply With Quote