Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
drfeelgood0097
AF Newbie

97 S-10 2.2 White Smoke!!!

Ok I know that white smoke generally means that its a head gasket, but shouldn't it be overheating too if it were the headgasket? Another thing there is alot of water dripping out of the muffler and tailpipe. The check engine light came on last week so I took it to advanced auto parts to have the scanner hooked up and they told me it was cylinder 4 misfire! Well that night the check engine light went out that night and was running fine again. But last night it would not start just a click. Finally got it started and white smoke pouring out. Like a smoke grenade! Was running rough when the check engine light was on then when it went out it was fine. No that its smoking its running rough when it first starts. Anyone that can tell me what might be up with it would be great. By the way it has 128000 miles on it!
drfeelgood0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
ronaldk
AF Regular

Re: 97 S-10 2.2 White Smoke!!!

Did you check for coolent loss? White is not oil nor fuel, so its coolent. If not in oil thats good better in cylinder being burned then in oil. You can do coolent pressure test,but it sounds like head gasket. Also easier on 4 banger that v8.Good luck
ronaldk is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Performance