Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security
Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #31
22busy
AF Newbie

Re: Honda CRV alarm for headlights stopped working

I've been draining my battery for years. Thanks to this post I swapped the driver and passenger switches and it works now.
22busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #32
Copytech99
AF Regular

.....And the return of your long missing dome light !
Copytech99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
123blanca
AF Newbie

... ditto for me, swapped the switches and back to normal. Took about 3 minutes.
123blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #34
silverbuzz
AF Newbie

Thanks for the help ! I just followed everyone directions and replaced the driver side plunger with the passenger side one and it worked.
I found the part on Rock Auto and the price there is about 3 dollars.
Think I'll wait to order though....
silverbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #35
completetestdrive
AF Newbie

Very nice posting friends please share some more Tricks for BMW
Old 12-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #36
wesdaniells
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Honda CRV alarm for headlights stopped working

I just swapped over the drivers and passengers door light switch. Hey presto! the warning sound comes on if you turn off ignition with the lights on.
Could have saved a 34 year marriage gents !
Thank you so much
wesdaniells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #37
Norfolk Booy
AF Newbie

Good advice boys, several problems I've had for some time fixed in ten minutes by simple swapping the two switches.

Many thanks.
Norfolk Booy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #38
Rlenwal
AF Newbie

Thank you very much for the great advice! I swapped out the switches between the passenger and driver's door and problem solved!
Rlenwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #39
Girlsrock
AF Newbie

So, I tried everything mentioned here. I switched the drivers side switch with the passenger side. Nothing. Went back in the house and thought, "why does everyone post that this worked for them" Re read all posts again. Maybe I didnt tighten the screw down tight enough. Back to the honda. Tightened it down to the best of my ability! Nothing. Back to the house. Read posts again. Well....at least someone posted a part number. Maybe I can just order one. Or....someone mentioned: a spring. Maybe that's it. Went out to check where the spring is located. Took it all apart looking for the spring. Then it dawned on me, maybe I didn't put the switch in tight enough. So I mushed it in as tight as I could and tightened the screw as best I could and...... Vualla!!!!! The sound of beeps and alarms! No more dead battery for me!!! I like being a girl, but sometimes i feel my age creeping up on me and I guess I'm not as strong as I use to be! Thanks to all of you for your wonderful advice I hope mine helps someone like me.
Girlsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #40
bellyholder
AF Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm a new entry here and I'm very glad to greet you all. I also have a 2002 CRV with the same problem as described above. I did try to solve it by swapping switches, but it didn't work. Can anyone please tell me where the buzzer is actually located and how it looks like? Thanks
Cheers from sunny Rome

Last edited by bellyholder; 05-06-2015 at 05:12 AM.
bellyholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #41
dcasey103
AF Newbie

guys and gals...just HAD to register to thank you for this thread, still churning out satisfied customers in 2017..My 2003 Honda CRV got its first jump in the rain stranded in Connecticut on a trip from NY because recently my "headlights on" warning stopped working...Swapped the door plungers and back to working!...Still some other gremlins after 278,000 miles but I'll try researching in another thread...Many thanks to original posters, surely saved me a boatload from taking to a dealer!
dcasey103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #42
Chemus
AF Newbie

Good evening ladies gentleman, boys & girls.
We have ourselves a 2003 Honda CR-V (Henry) it appears we aren't the the only people to have the lack of beeping when we leave the lights on! As annoying as it is we want it back... it's never worked but today started working very briefly!
Unlike most other our interior globe is not working. And the fact it worked intermittently today would suggest a bad earth! I saw in an earlier post that someone mentioned a loom or socket perhaps?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated many thanks all
Chemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #43
Copytech99
AF Regular

^^^ Inspect drivers door pin switch. It is covered in a black rubber boot, and held in place with a single Philips screw.

Swap it with the passenger sides switch.
Copytech99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #44
nmualum
AF Newbie

My daughter has a 2004 CR-V, and I've had to go jump her battery about 4 times. My wife is going over this morning for the 5th time.

Found this forum post and it sounds exactly like her issue, so tonight I'll be going over to swap the switches and see if that brings back her alarm. I'm pretty hopeful, as she has all the symptoms you have been describing: no alarm when the key is left in, no alarm when the lights are left on, and no dome light when you open the drivers side door.

If this fix works, I'll probably check online and order two new switches and replace both sides.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully avoiding an expensive trip to the shop, with their $75 'diagnostic' fee, and probably a $25 switch (actual cost about $5)...
nmualum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #45
Zcraft9000
AF Newbie

Hey guys im having a problem with my 2011 honda crv the fob suddenly stopped working. I put a new battery in it i had the dealer reprogram it i have no dome lights when any of the doors are opened or chiming sound nothing .but the button on the driver door will only unlock/lock the car if the key in on the on or the car is started. It all so locls the car when i start driving amd unlocks when i put it in park i checked the fuse box under the dash and i switched the plungers from the passager door to the drivers and i have nothing. Not chime no dome lights bothing . I hope thats all the info u guys need but anything would be a big help i really dont want to go to the dealer.
Zcraft9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security