Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

Angry Anyone else see the '06 Tahoe on the cover of this months Truck Trend??

They look HORRIBLE!!! Looks basically like a revamped Expedition. Absolutely no radical design changes, I think this redesigned model is a step back from the current model. Interior is horrible, too, but of course the editors of the magazine praise it (I don't know why everyone feels the need to bash on the current interior, I love it). The reason I see this of relevance to this forum is that I'm sure the new Silverados are going to be built on this same frame, just like they are now. Also must mention that the mag says that the Silverados and the Sierras are going to start differing much more drastically.

Anyways, lets just say I'm glad I got my '04 when I did and I plan on keeping it for a LONG time if this is the new trend. I gotta say at this point that the new F-150 looks real tempting next to what is probably going to be the next Silverado...even to a diehard Chevy fan.
FiTxAg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
BlenderWizard
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlenderWizard
Re: Anyone else see the '06 Tahoe on the cover of this months Truck Trend??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiTxAg04
Interior is horrible, too, but of course the editors of the magazine praise it (I don't know why everyone feels the need to bash on the current interior, I love it).
I agree; I think the interior in my '02 is wonderful, though is does look like an update on the '73-'87 interior design.

Quote:
The reason I see this of relevance to this forum is that I'm sure the new Silverados are going to be built on this same frame, just like they are now.
The Silverados better not have the plastic bumper crap like on the Tahoes... fools.

Quote:
I gotta say at this point that the new F-150 looks real tempting next to what is probably going to be the next Silverado...even to a diehard Chevy fan.
You must not be that "die hard" then. The only thing worse than doing that would be going to a Toyota. I always thought Ford was an alright truck, until they came out with that "aero" design (what was that, in '95? I dunno). Looked like someone cut the front off a minivan and put a bed on the back... I hate minivans.

"When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson
2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster
BlenderWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

Re: Re: Anyone else see the '06 Tahoe on the cover of this months Truck Trend??

Quote:
You must not be that "die hard" then. The only thing worse than doing that would be going to a Toyota. I always thought Ford was an alright truck, until they came out with that "aero" design (what was that, in '95? I dunno). Looked like someone cut the front off a minivan and put a bed on the back... I hate minivans.
I hate the "aero" design, too, but the newest body style isn't too bad... What I'm saying is that the latest in Chevy styling flat out sucks. Like you said about the old Fords, the latest Chevy looks more like a mini-van than a full size truck. I'm just pointing out the fact that I'm highly disappointed in my boys. I was hoping for a radical new design...something big and intimidating like the ram and f150 but it looks instead like were getting something worthy of nothing more than hauling kids to soccer practice and grandma on her weekly grocery runs.
FiTxAg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
BlenderWizard
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Anyone else see the '06 Tahoe on the cover of this months Truck Trend??

Quote:
I hate the "aero" design, too, but the newest body style isn't too bad... What I'm saying is that the latest in Chevy styling flat out sucks. Like you said about the old Fords, the latest Chevy looks more like a mini-van than a full size truck. I'm just pointing out the fact that I'm highly disappointed in my boys. I was hoping for a radical new design...something big and intimidating like the ram and f150 but it looks instead like were getting something worthy of nothing more than hauling kids to soccer practice and grandma on her weekly grocery runs.
The new effies are alright, but Ford has some major redeeming to do (IMO) for that "aero" crap. However, no matter how you feel about the looks of the new Silvies, they pack quite a wallop

"She don't look like much, but she's got it where it counts." - Han Solo

"When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end!" - Homer Simpson
2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster
Old 12-11-2005, 11:33 PM   #5
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone else see the '06 Tahoe on the cover of this months Truck Trend??

I'm just holding out hope that the Silverados look better than the Tahoes. Not that it should really matter to me as long as my '04 holds out! No doubt that it will!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #6
dr_of_lovephd
AF Enthusiast

Check out this website to see the spy shots of the next trucks and SUV's. Scroll down to the bottom and pick out the catagory you want to see.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ehiclesLanding

I am going to reserve judgement on the new trucks until I can drive one; because with the increase in horse power, fuel economy and fully boxed frame, the ride may be worth driving an ugly truck.
dr_of_lovephd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett

IT didn't look too impressive to me. Looks like they might be copying Ford with the huge bed sides to me.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
BlenderWizard
AF Enthusiast

Honestly, to me, the pics on edmunds of the new Suburbans don't look a whole lot different in the front than the '06 trucks. Instead of having a seperate headlight unit and DRL/turn signal unit, they made it one piece, buyt aside from that, to me, it looks ver similar to the '06 truck in the front. I still stand behind my previous plastic bumper comment, though.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #9
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

After looking at those Edmunds pics, I just don't know. 20 extra HP or not, I'm just not feeling it. Its going to be very interesting to see what happens when these things hit the dealers' lots. I thought the '06s were going to help with a dramatic turn-around for GM, but now I'm more worried than ever.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
JCL82
AF Regular

is it just me or does it look like a van frontend ? both of them... Must be the plastic..

Looks like they change the headlight and the hood. They made the lights more like a big square and the hood more with an arch.
JCL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #11
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlenderWizard
The Silverados better not have the plastic bumper crap like on the Tahoes... fools.
I hope you're just referring to the bumpers. Because as of 2000 I believe they quit making beds out of metal and have been plastic since then.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #12
FiTxAg04
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: Anyone else see the '06 Tahoe on the cover of this months Truck Trend??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasF355F1
I hope you're just referring to the bumpers. Because as of 2000 I believe they quit making beds out of metal and have been plastic since then.
I believe the stepsides have fiberglass rear fenders, but the fleetside trucks have galvanized steel fenders and bed. You might be thinking of the option introduced in 2000 (may be discontinued now, i don't know) which allowed you to get a silverado with an "indestructible" composite bed. See the link below.

Composite Bed
Old 12-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #13
BlenderWizard
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasF355F1
I'm pretty darn sure the bed on my 2002 is steel... at least the metal shavings from the holes I've drilled would indicate so.

Old 12-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #14
Moose is loose
AF Regular

Nah, I'm sure that's just "metal impregnated ABS shavings" from the bed.
Moose is loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:10 AM   #15
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett

I want to seriously buy a new truck, but if they look as bad as I'm thinking, I might have to get something else..maybe the GMC's wont look as bad. I guess I'll have to stick to driving old shit.
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado