Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
Lincoln2004
AF Newbie

04 lincoln transmission issue

Hi , just wanted to put this out there . I noticed my car was shifting weird and
The service transmission message appeared . I scanned the computer and got code P0775 . I then realized shortly after the car was not
Going into 2nd and 5th gear . I did some searching and found it may be solenoid pack causing the shifting issue . I took the car to a tranny shop and after pulling the valve pack out and testing it , found it was working fine . So after some tech talk the garage dropped the tranny and looked at the servo piston . This was the issue . The piston shaft had come through the piston (2pieces now) not allowing
Pressure to build and cause the shifting issue . A $1200 garage bill .. Still cheaper than a new transmission .
Lincoln2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
Victor62
AF Newbie

Re: 04 lincoln transmission issue

Wow, good example of just one more thing that might be the problem with those trannies, my daughter has a 2002 V8 that I am constantly working on, I wouldn't own one of them if it has over 120,000 miles on it, they are nice cars but geesh what a pain, she just started having trans problem and her trans warning light came on, they pulled a PO795 code, so gotta figure out what it is, I think the car is past worth keeping, hopefully she will get something else in a few months. I thought I read all the trans probs until I came across your post, Thanks.
Victor62 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ