Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
Solomon Cloud
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Solomon Cloud
97 eagle vision esi wont start

I recently got a vehcile a while ago and am trying to ge it started but am sortof sitting in the dark.

So here is the back story. The car was overheating, so the previous owner thought it was the head gasket for somereason. (turns out it had no coolant all winter). So the guy decided to try and take the head off and "fix" it.

In all reality he was successfull in removing the cylinder heads and than gave up and put it back together. He told me it started right after he reassmbled it but had forgot to put the thermostat back on and shut it off right away and than tore it apart again and put her back togehrer.

than the car would not start... so I bought it from him for 25 bucks and its sitting in my driveway. It turns over just fine but it does not want to fire.

I'm thinking he may have screwed up the injectors or something as I dont think its getting any fuel. other than that I really dont know what could be a problem. I want to run some tests on it but this car is so damn new its sortof out of my league.

I'm sure once I figure it out it would be no problem and I'll have a nice car afterwards but yah just posting here seeing if anyone may know of any other reasons for this no start problem.
Solomon Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
Solomon Cloud
AF Newbie

Re: 97 eagle vision esi wont start

got code 54, than 55 and I know 55 is end of code sequence, and I assume 54 is the cam position sensor.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
Solomon Cloud
AF Newbie

Re: 97 eagle vision esi wont start

blah timing belt is torn in half, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the crankshaft damper off

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Vision