Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
1TAZZ
AF Newbie

No start

I need help with a 2002 lxi 3.0 i inherited ,car was running when parked .It sat for about two years . I had it towed home and started cleaning it up and tried to start it. I installed new battery when i turn switch on the fuel pump wont prime so i installed new fuel pump still wont prime. I checked all fuses and relays. I dont know what to do next. When i try to start it will not send power to the green wire on the fuel pump. Thanks for any help.
1TAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:03 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: No start

The 3.0 is a Mitsubishi engine and in most cases Mitsubishi's do not prime. They only send power to the fuel pump when the crank or cam sensor sees signal.

I'm not as familiar with the 24v SOHC as I am the 12v SOHC or the 24V DOHC here, but maybe some of my knowledge can help regardless.

On one case I had a 94 Dodge Stealth with the 12V SOHC and I lost power to my fuel pump. After lots of diagnostics I figured out somewhere between the MFI relay and the fuel pump was a break in the wire. I had power at the MFI, but nothing at the fuel pump. I ended up running a new wire from the MFI all the way back to the fuel pump and it ran just like before.

Basically, you need to do some basic diagnostics. First thing you need to do is check for power when cranking. If there is still not power when cranking then you need to work backwards until you find where the power is lost.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #3
1TAZZ
AF Newbie

Re: No start

Thank you very much i have power at the plug for sending unit at fuel pump plug, but no ground or power on the green wire . I did trace black and green wire to fuse box and jumped both black and green wire and the pump ran. I also sprayed fuel in the throttle body and it runs fine . Also everything works fine in the car put this . Thanks for the help.
1TAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible