Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
tidbit96
AF Newbie

Motor turns over but wont fire any ideas?

We own a 2005 Chrysler300 & haven't been able to start it in many months, after gettin it stuck on a muddy road & killing the engine. Moments after the engine stalled, bout 3 or 4 attempts at starting it back up & it did actually fire up for a split second at most! Since then its done nothing but crank & crank, but to no avail. it turns over fine but sounds as if it isn't getting any spark or fire...its just the monotone sound of an engine being turned over by the starter. I'd hoped after cleaning it thoroughly, gettin all the mud out of the motor compartment & the serpentine belt area it'd finally run but also to no avail just the same sound of the starter turning over the motor.
Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions bout how this could be fixed or what the issue could be? someone mentioned to me that if it was a sensor it could possibly be corrected by (factory resetting it?) I'm not sure if this is something that actually is doable, he said something about disconnecting the battery & then turning the key a certain amount of times then reconnecting the battery? I think he was just a professional bullshitter or know-it-all but I'm not a professional mechanic so I cant be positive. I own a hand held OBDII reader but haven't figured out how to use it, was hoping I could figure out what was wrong with the motor using it just not sure how to use it.
If anyone could give me even just a hint of an idea at which direction I need to head in to attempt to fix it I'd be extremely thankful for. Thanks
tidbit96 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > 300M