Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
KyooMac
AF Newbie

Dropping a HEMI in a Pacifica

I just bought a used 2005 Pacifica that has a dead motor. I know a guy who works at a junkyard. I already have a HEMI motor from a 2005 Dodge Ram. Does anyone know of anyone who has dropped a HEMI in a Pacifica? It would be nice if someone has already gone down this road, I wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel. Please, no player haters telling me it can't be done, etc... This project is going to get done within two years. So either uplift or stay away.
KyooMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
dcx96
AF Regular

Re: Dropping a HEMI in a Pacifica

you goona put aRWD tranny too? I love too see that thing!! plan on doing some remodeling.
dcx96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
onelow_mazda
AF Newbie

How's the swap going? Good I hope. I know you're going to need to get a new trans if you are converting it to RWD. You will have to modify the firewall and tunnel to accomidate it. You will need a new driveshaft made also. The front suspension will have to be beefed up with heavier springs. The ECU is going to have to be HEAVILY modified or completely changed to do this. You also need to check clearance for the hood, exhaust manifolds, radiator, steering, oil pan, and anything else that is close to the engine. *** YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU CAN KEEP THIS ENGINE COOL ENOUGH SO IT DOES NOT OVERHEAT!! *** If that means a bigger radiator then so be it. In addition, you might have to modify the firewall or even move it back to accomodiate the V-8. Other than the above and mabey a few other things that I may have overlooked...SURE, NO PROBLEM!!!
onelow_mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
SJohnsonJr
AF Newbie

Bro I came across this post because we recently bought a 05 Pacifica and eventually I want to try and drop a Hemi in there...please keep me posted on your progress!!
SJohnsonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
Rubix Sulli
AF Newbie

Hi I'm new here. I came across this post because I too was considering if a Hemi engine would be possible. It seems like it would be too much work for me, so I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on how I could beef up my 2006 Awd. I already had to have the front sub frame replaced as well as a fuel pump and with only 149,000 original miles I refuse to give up just yet.
Rubix Sulli is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Pacifica